Home

[KotOR Comic Spoilers] Darth Sion's Identity

The Betrayer

According to John Jackson Miller, this was just a teaser and may or may not be factual. Haazen was pretty much just throwing out name ideas, and it may or may not turn out that Lucien takes the name Sion as per his suggestion; or it may or may not turn out that Haazen's mention of the name may be coincident, having nothing to do with the actual Darth Sion who would arrive later.

Also, according to The Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide, Sion was a surviving Sith from Exar Kun's order, so he obviously wasn't Draay.

I think what is more likely is that Haazen himself takes the name of Darth Sion, being a Sith formerly serving under Exar Kun; and Lucien becomes Nihilus.

I was recently under the impression that Haazen would be Sion.

Their appearances are very similar:

Haazen

200px-Haazenpertylights.jpg

Sion

250px_Sionkorriban.jpg

Haazen and Sion both have bad right eyes.

Haazen has a skeletal right arm, Sion has his right arm in a full arm like glove.

Their belts/loin guards are similar in design.

Damn, why does the EU have to go about exploring and answering everything? Sion was great as he was, shrouded in mystery and darkness, like the other Sith Lords of KotOR II. And at the same time, it's a mildly nice revelation. :/

I think I'm going to look at two Darth Sions now.

Here is a little something I whipped up! It shows photos of Zayne, Nihilus, and Lucien. Zayne's and Lucien's faces have been blackened and Nihilus' mask placed over top.

I know it's not the best, but it might give some an idea who Nihilus may be, or at least be a head scratcher!

whoisnihilus.png

I don't think they're going to make Zayne Nihilus. He's the type of character that you just don't do that to in writing. I know this.

As I've said in my previous post, Haazen was simply throwing name ideas around, it's impossible for Lucien to be Sion because Sion was a Sith under Exar Kun, and and I think that Lucian will become Nihilus and Haazen Sion.

Looking over some info on wookieepedia I'm beginning to think that Lucien will be Nihilus.

But then again we could be wrong on both accounts. In Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide, it states that Darth Sion was the apprentice of Darth Nihilus. If this is true then Nihilus must already exist and taught Haazen the ways of the sith, dubbing him Darth Sion.

I don't think they're going to make Zayne Nihilus. He's the type of character that you just don't do that to in writing. I know this.

They also said that Darth Vader couldn't be a whiny, angsty teen - that happened.

Or that Jacen Solo could become the biggest butthole in the galaxy.

As I've said in my previous post, Haazen was simply throwing name ideas around, it's impossible for Lucien to be Sion because Sion was a Sith under Exar Kun

Retcon? Also, it's probably a good idea to not take the things in the RPG books as gospel - the writers of those don't get final say for what is canon - it's bound to be subject to change.

They also said that Darth Vader couldn't be a whiny, angsty teen - that happened.

Or that Jacen Solo could become the biggest butthole in the galaxy.

But you see, those are the types of characters that you do turn into Sith Lords. Zayne is not like them at all. I've always read Zayne as being very similar to Disney's Aladdin: a comical character unwittingly turned hero.

Although Jacen was sort of like that before his fall, and I've always frowned upon the decision to make him a Sith. It never felt believable to me.

Also, the information provided in the same RPG book regarding Nihilus' past already blows what Avellone said out of the water. I will take to heard what Astor_Kaine said about information from these sorts of books, but so far that is what is currently canon.

• 4 weeks later...

Spoilers:

Seems Lucien isn't Sion. Yet. He's rejected the idea of becoming the Lord of Pain. He is however lost his eyes and his hands our burnt. See Lucien Draay's entry on Wookiepedia for more info.

I don't think the KOTOR comics are sold in the UK so could someone post me a scanned image of Lucien at the end of the comic. Wookiepedia don't have one.

Archived