Home

Kotor Tool not working...

Arcesious

I have an odd problem. Since I reinstalled Kotor Tool, I can open files inside the Kotor tool files available, but not outside. IE: A UTI file on my desktop or overide folder or anywhere else will not open with Kotor Tool. I've tried The Open With - Choose Program options, and I go to get the proper Kotor Tool running file on UTI's in my overide folder my External Harddrive, use it, and it says: "E:\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Overide\g_w_shortsbr05.uti is not a valid win32 application"

What's wrong here?

Edit:

I can get around this problem by going to Kotor Tool -File - Open GFF Files, and then finding the UTI file I wish to edit, but that's kind of annoying. I'd like to solve this error so I can just open whatever UTI file I want whenever I want, instead of going to a lot of trouble going all over the place in Kotor Tool...

Edit 2:

Okay, I definitly need a fix for this. About 70% of the time when trying to open a UTI file, I get an unhandled exception error. This seriously hinders my ability to mod.

I have an odd problem. Since I reinstalled Kotor Tool, I can open files inside the Kotor tool files available, but not outside. IE: A UTI file on my desktop or overide folder or anywhere else will not open with Kotor Tool. I've tried The Open With - Choose Program options, and I go to get the proper Kotor Tool running file on UTI's in my overide folder my External Harddrive, use it, and it says: "E:\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Overide\g_w_shortsbr05.uti is not a valid win32 application"

What's wrong here?

Edit:

I can get around this problem by going to Kotor Tool -File - Open GFF Files, and then finding the UTI file I wish to edit, but that's kind of annoying. I'd like to solve this error so I can just open whatever UTI file I want whenever I want, instead of going to a lot of trouble going all over the place in Kotor Tool...

Edit 2:

Okay, I definitly need a fix for this. About 70% of the time when trying to open a UTI file, I get an unhandled exception error. This seriously hinders my ability to mod.

This happened to me all the time. Have you tried setting the file's open program to be KOTOR Tool? You can do this by right clicking, going to Properties, and click Change under the Opens With field. Find the KTool .exe file, and, afterwords, make sure you click "Always use the selected program with these type of files" button if you haven't already. This should let you get into KTool's .uti editor, or whatever. As long as its an acceptable GFF file (basically any file with ut*), it will open.

@Unhandled Exception: Don't worry. As long as you just keep trying, and don't ever click Quit, it'll eventually open.

It's odd, I'm not sure if the Kotor Tool fiel I'm using is an EXE or not. All it says is "Kotor Tool SCM", but I can't tell if it's an EXE. I think it is, as it's the only file in the kotor tool programming files that looks like the right one to to use, yet I still keep on getting that 'not a valid win32 application' error.

Edit:

I copied the kotor_tool fiile onto my desktop, and added a .exe onto it. I then Proceeded to drag a UTI file onto the desktop and set it to open with the renamed Kotor Tool. The icon of the UTI changed to the Kotor Tool icon, but I'm still getting unhandled exception errors, that keep occurring no matter how many times I try to open the UTI. 10 tries, and I'm still getting the error. Only on a few other files do I not get the error. It seems to only open files that have not been modified yet and are not from mods. Jeesh, it used to work just fine last time I had TSL installed...

Odd that it refuses to work... Might it have soemthing to do with the fact that I installed TSL and Kotor Tool on my external harddrive?

I also looked at the File - Manage Paths, and the path to TSL looks correct.

In fact everything is set up to work exactly the way it should, I think... After all, I've installed and uninstalled Kotor tool 4 times out of the 8 times I've had to install/reinstall TSL... The last 3 times all of this modding has always worked fine. I had problems installing TSL and mods using TSLpatcher on my external harddrive, but I fixed that. I think that this may also be the case with Kotor Tool...

Edit 2:

I get this error now: "File or assembly name FMODCL, or one of its dependances, was not found."

The title bar of the error says "Microsoft .Net Framework"

Does that fact I have my computer updated to Microsoft Service Pack 3 and Microsoft Net framework 3.0 effect this at all? (Those are the latest updates for my Windows XP computer.)

Edit 3:

I have the solution.

Here is what I did:

I uninstalled Kotor Tool, which was located at E:\LucasArts\Kotor Tool, and then I redownloaded it and installed it on my C Drive. Oh well, 3 megabytes more on my C Drive, no big deal. But it now works.

So basically the problem is: Kotor Tool does not function properly if not installed on the main hard drive. I'd like to see a fix for that sometime though...

Archived