Home

Favorite MMO game?

Arcesious

I like Guild Wars a lot. Rogue Nine seduced me into playing that one for my first MMO, and I've been playing over a year now. I just started playing Lord of the Rings Online on Bob Lion's recommendation, and I'm enjoying that one as well. I need to work my way through NWN2 and MotB so I can play online with that one, too, although it's not a true MMO.

The only thing even close to an MMO that I have played was the online component of Starfleet Command III (Dynaverse 3) back in 2002. Over dial up.

Not sure that it was a 'real' MMO - but it involved a lot of people with their own customised ships choosing a faction (Romulans for me - I'm sure you'd never have guessed :xp:) and going to war until the server reset or collapsed.

Good times...

runescape its free, and easy. I log on once a mothn, and i'm happy.

Same with me... But I play the game for like two hours every three months...

I would pay and play MMOs if I could buy timeslots, IE, I could buy a month's worth of play for ten dollars, and I could easily spread that time over a whole year of playing it perhaps 1-3 hours a night.

well i played WoW, SWG and GW i think WoW still is the best one of them it was my first mmo and is one of the greatest game i ever played then i got GW that i enjoyed for some time and then galaxies that was fun until now so i have to say WoW is my favourite and will probably be my favourite all time

My first MMO was SWG but it was post-CU so I did not have a good experience with it. I played for two months and quit. Since then I have been playing WoW (over two years). The level grind to 70 sucks but once you get there it is definitely worth it. I have not played for about a month because there is not much to do while waiting for the expansion but once it comes out I should be back into it full swing.

Really looking forward to The Old Republic though, I hope it replaces WoW for me.

Wow was my first experience at MMO gaming. I remember the anticipation years before WoW was actually released. I was (still am) a warcraft fan and was very excited about it.

So when it got out, I bought it and I can't deny that it was quite the experience at first. But, I just couldn't stand the grinding. I quit at lvl 47 years ago.

Next MMO I played was Guild Wars, also right after the release. Wasn't that bad for a while but eventually I stopped without having even played through the story.

Well, anyway, I guess WoW is my favourite MMORPG, but over the years I realized that mmo's just aren't the right thing for me.

I'm a bit of an MMO player myself, but I never stick to one game too long :p

My first taste was of the original Everquest which, at the time, the howling of a poorly detailed wolf in the background was immense :p

I quit quite soon after i joined getting bored easily.

I stopped by then, becoming a ever growing fan of the Warcraft series until WoW came out, 'course i snatched it up as soon as i could but again, i got bored by the repetitive quests and killings of 10 monsters that are practically the same but with a few added horns and glowing red eyes.

Moved on to Guild Wars and i enjoyed it alot for being a free game and i swapped between WoW and GW frequently, until LotRO was released and since then i've been playing the majority of my time on that, until that dreaded AoC came out.

That quite easily killed everything on LotRO on my server :p All my kinbuddehs moved and my friends >.> (I can't stand anything to do with Conan tbf :p)

Since then I haven't really settled. Just wandering between MMO's, then I heard the news of The Old Republic. Got hyped up :3

Archived