Home

Americans: Go vote tomorrow!

Jae Onasi

If you haven't already voted early, tomorrow is your chance to make your voice heard as a registered voter. Go early if you can, many states are expecting record turnout. The best times to go will probably be after 8:30am and before the evening rush starts around 5pm or so. If you don't know where to go, your county board of elections will have that answer for you, and you quite likely can find it on your county's website.

If you are not a registered voter, some states allow you to register at the polls if you meet all the state requirements. Bring a picture ID with you if you need to register and check to see what other items you'll need to prove residency (e.g. a utility bill to show you live at that address, etc.). Some states have a voter registration cut-off a certain number of days before elections so not everyone will be able to register the same day and vote.

Good luck to all the candidates, especially Obama and McCain who have both campaigned hard. I'd like to note that one will be the President-elect after tomorrow, but the other will still be a very influential member in the Senate, and they'll have to work together after the new President is inaugurated if both of their claims of wanting bipartisanship are really true.

Ron Paul? Honestly, if I thought the libertarians had a chance, Id vote for them. I dont like either of the two popular choices. <.<

They'll only have a chance if people who feel like you would stop worrying so much about who has a chance to win. Vote your conscience, no matter what.:D

Its always been strange and puzzling that the international guardians of democracy do not require all their citizens to have an equal voice.

I hope Obama wins. Not because of his policies, simply for the fact that it will allow the people of the US to show the world their true nature....whatever that is ;)

Interestin' times ahead.

mtfbwya

the smearing commercials are done

I had 7 phone calls yesterday:

2 from Obama supporters asking for me to volunteer

1 from Ed Rendell asking me to vote the entire democratic ticket

1 from a Republican running for office in PA

1 from a Republican committee telling me that Obama will eliminate my social security benefits.

and 1 from John McCain explaining why Obama is a bad candidate.

I unplugged my phone after the last one.

_EW_

I had 7 phone calls yesterday:

2 from Obama supporters asking for me to volunteer

1 from Ed Rendell asking me to vote the entire democratic ticket

1 from a Republican running for office in PA

1 from a Republican committee telling me that Obama will eliminate my social security benefits.

and 1 from John McCain explaining why Obama is a bad candidate.

I unplugged my phone after the last one.

_EW_

Wow... you guys get pretty hardcore with all of this...

Its always been strange and puzzling that the international guardians of democracy do not require all their citizens to have an equal voice.
:confused: I don't understand. Are you saying the U.S.A. should require all its citizens to vote? Or are you saying that all citizens of the U.S.A. should be required to vote on any proposal for a law or something along those lines?

Yeah, Pennsylvania as a whole is a very hardcore election state.

In fact, I was driving to see my girlfriend the other day (Saturday, I think) and I came to an intersection of PA-Route 309 that was blocked up by the police. Waited there for about 5-6 minutes and lo and behold, a motorcade comes through.

Apparently McCain and his 3 state police car, 1 state police SUV, 4 unmarked white van, 2 white tourbus, and 2 state police car posse didn't want to stop at all the stoplights along 309 on his way to Ohio or wherever he was going.

_EW_

I'm in Indiana, so there are even more tensions than in Pennsylvania. Last election, I saw an equal number of Bush and Kerry political signs in my city. Now, the Obama signs outnumber the McCain signs 2 to 1. The last time my state voted for a Democrat candidate was in '64. It would be amazing if my state turned blue. Right now, Obama has just a one point lead over McCain in the polls. It seems somewhat unlikely that Obama might win Indiana, but there's always that chance.

Apparently McCain and his 3 state police car, 1 state police SUV, 4 unmarked white van, 2 white tourbus, and 2 state police car posse didn't want to stop at all the stoplights along 309 on his way to Ohio or wherever he was going.

_EW_

I'm fairly certain that this would have happened with Obama, too, Ender.

No thats the way it is for all of them. Everyone stops for a motorcade. I think only postal vehicles have the right away when it comes to motorcades (presidential or otherwise). Even ambulances have to stop - which I would think would have priority of postal trucks.

Also, I dont believe polls. They have a tendency to over-sample one particular party-type. Voters are the ones that decide the candidate, not the polls. :)

Archived