Home

Americans: Go vote tomorrow!

Jae Onasi

Its always been strange and puzzling that the international guardians of democracy do not require all their citizens to have an equal voice.
Their voices are equal. No enforcement required. Some people just decide to vote for whoever everyone else is voting for.

I know a person that is undecided on the president, but thinks that either one can do a decent job. So she's just going to vote for all of the local offices on the ballot and ignore the presidential slot. It's her decision, and certainly doesn't mean she couldn't do otherwise if she so chose.

I'm fairly certain that this would have happened with Obama, too, Ender.

Oh, I wasn't McCain-bashing. I just was illustrating how especially-fevered PA has been this last week.

not gonna vote because i seriously doubt it's gonna be a close race here in massachusetts (mccain will win by a landslide hurr hurr)

:lol:

_EW_

Oye, election fever today!

I voted a week or so ago and glad I did. Now I just have to listen to the campaigns. I did get two calls on my cell urging me to vote yes on Prop 8 and other propositions. Just glad it's over. Now I can sit and relax and finish my annotated bibliography. Oh joy!

Really though, all you registered voters, get out there and do your part. What's the point in having a right such as the vote and you don't use it?

I just got back from voting. The place where I vote is right across the street from my apartments, which is nice.

This is the first election since I've been living here and they have different machines than I'm used to, so it took me a bit to figure out how to cast my vote.

Oh, and I got a sticker that says, "I Voted!" It's now affixed to the dashboard of my car.

Really though, all you registered voters, get out there and do your part. What's the point in having a right such as the vote and you don't use it?

There is no "right" to vote in the Constitution though... but I agree, if you dont vote, exercising the freedom to be able to vote, you really cant complain when someone you dont like gets elected. But if you vote and they still get elected, then you can complain. :p

I put the "I voted" sticker on the back of my car, and on the front of the review mirror. :)

Apparently McCain and his 3 state police car, 1 state police SUV, 4 unmarked white van, 2 white tourbus, and 2 state police car posse didn't want to stop at all the stoplights along 309 on his way to Ohio or wherever he was going.

_EW_

It's a standard security measure for Presidents (and I guess would-be Presidents). Imagine the conspiracy scenario--someone manipulates a stoplight, motorcade stops, large group of fanatics jumps out and hit the motorcade with armor-piercing weapons.... If you don't stop at stop lights, you have fewer security risks.

When Bush came through our town for the last election, you should have seen the security measures they had. Streets were closed along the planned route, cops were _everywhere_, an Apache chopper flew down the route ahead of the motorcade bus, and none of the motorcade stopped at any stoplights since the traffic was controlled. This happens regularly in Chicago for major dignitaries (Presidents, other heads of state)--in fact, the entire interstate from O'Hare airport to the downtown gets closed down temporarily for the motorcade, and the cops block people from even being on the overpasses during the time the motorcade is expected for security reasons.

It's a standard security measure for Presidents (and I guess would-be Presidents).
And former Presidents too.

I had VIP parking for the Astros game once and was kicked out because daddy Bush wanted to watch 5 innings of the game. :xp: I raised hell, before I figured out the guy in the Astros windbreaker was Secret Service.

They clear out the entire section of a parking lot for one limo.

:confused: I don't understand. Are you saying the U.S.A. should require all its citizens to vote? Or are you saying that all citizens of the U.S.A. should be required to vote on any proposal for a law or something along those lines?

People from minority communities, lower socio-economic status, those with english as a second language etc always have a far less representation at the Ballot offices when voting isnt mandatory.

If it were "vote if ya want" here in Oz, there'd be a conservative government here for the next 700 years :D

I had VIP parking for Astros game once and was kicked out

No I kicked you out because of that godawful leather vest :D

Looks like Obama won... cool. Youve just stepped into the 21st Century America. Can you handle it....?

Time will tell. Let's hope so!

Damn I hope Obama has a squad of 99 Elite Ninja for his security team.

mtfbwya

Archived