Home

Are there LA scouts among us?

With the announcement of TOR, we've all been abuzz with excitement and anticipation. We have opinions, and we've voiced them here on LF. With all this hype, it brings an interesting question: Do you think there are official people from LA scouting the forums to scope the fan's opinions and dispositions are on everything? (not just TOR, but other things as well) Are they undercover? Or are there some blatant official people right here and i just don't know of them? lol

Well, we know LFNetwork has friends from LucasArts.

We know that there have been LucasArts reps viewing these forums before.

Remember when T7 made his force pike for K1 and then 6 months or so later K2 came out with a model that was almost exactly the same?

I think it's a very good possibility that LA employees are lurking around here every once and a while.

_EW_

With the announcement of TOR, we've all been abuzz with excitement and anticipation. We have opinions, and we've voiced them here on LF. With all this hype, it brings an interesting question: Do you think there are official people from LA scouting the forums to scope the fan's opinions and dispositions are on everything? (not just TOR, but other things as well) Are they undercover? Or are there some blatant official people right here and i just don't know of them? lol
Maybe an occasional LucasArts employee checks out these forums but they're either lurking or incognito. In other words they're not going to disclose the fact that they work for LucasArts. If somebody does claim they work for LucasArts then make sure they're willing to PM you their @lucasarts.com e-mail address so you can verify. ;) Otherwise just chalk them up as an imposter. ;P

Oh no, you are. I was believing on your tall tale until you said you were willing to hear our opinion and take any feedback. Hear and feedback. Two words that don't inhabit LA's vocabulary.

*snaps fingers* I knew I wasn't acting stupid enough to sound like I was really from LA... I should've closed my eyes and covered by ears and tried to type...

Oh no, you are. I was believing on your tall tale until you said you were willing to hear our opinion and take any feedback. Hear and feedback. Two words that don't inhabit LA's vocabulary.

Truer words were never spoken.

You hear that, LA spies? The past few years have been full of suck and fail for this very reason. That, and giving devs impossible deadlines to get games out in time for Christmas. ;)

We know that there have been LucasArts reps viewing these forums before.

Remember when T7 made his force pike for K1 and then 6 months or so later K2 came out with a model that was almost exactly the same?

Not LA but some might remember this announcement:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=125794

Swk also used to be featured on both K1 and K2 official websites (there was a screenshot of our main page but it has been removed when LA redesigned its website...one of the screenies even included our old "mod of the week" announcement on it ).

I am an LA rep currently imprisoned in illegally in the Congo. My captors demand that I pay them $100 000 before I am released. If you send the money to me I will give you a TOR beta key upon my release. PM if interested, serious inquirers only please.

Too bad it's an MMO...you can stay there :xp:

and giving devs impossible deadlines to get games out in time for Christmas

Apparently that's what they get for doing one thing wrong about one lone game: the people will harp on it forever, even though they worship said game at the same time. In the meantime, they decide to go on with their crusade and pretend that entertainment companies which listen to feedback actually exist.

Archived