Home

revolution 2008 (an omg obama is gonna kill all the whities MEGATHREAD)

Are those number correct?
Can't testify to your 2nd set of numbers, but your 1st set appears to be missing 3rd party votes. Since I don't believe any firm numbers have been offered re: yesterday's election, I wouldn't take your 2nd set even a little bit seriously. FWIW, the projected number I heard was 130 million plus.

A source

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait a minute. Didn't the media say this election drew the most voters in 4 decades?

2004 Election = 121,069,054 people voted

2008 Election = 120,425,813 people voted (643,241 drop in voters?)

Are those number correct? What ever happend to those record number of new voters?

2 states are still counting votes (recounting votes). :D

The Electoral Votes does not add up either.

:lol: North Carolina?
North Carolina and Missouri. Looks like McCain will win Missouri with 50% of the vote to Obama's 49% (1,442,613 to 1,436,745) and Obama will win North Carolina 50% to 49% (2,123,334 to 2,109,281). However, these numbers are from CNN and not confirmed yet.

Achilles is right; I left out third party candidates from all the election information. If you look at the percentage, the third party candidates received around 1% of the vote in 2008.

North Carolina and Missouri. Looks like McCain will win Missouri with 50% of the vote to Obama's 49% (1,442,613 to 1,436,745) and Obama will win North Carolina 50% to 49% (2,123,334 to 2,109,281). However, these numbers are from CNN and not confirmed yet.

Achilles is right; I left out third party candidates from all the election information. If you look at the percentage, the third party candidates received around 1% of the vote in 2008.

Shhh... I told you not to tell anyone I was the 1% who voted for the Green Party. :lol:

Traditionally the Oh-So-White Mormon Tabernacle Choir Sings at the President's Inauguration....

In Jan 2009, I think it'd be more fitting if the consciousness of black music (Public Enemy), and they groovy soul of black music(George Clinton), perform instead ;)

AWESOME!

PE.jpg

sp_GeorgeClintonTourPOSTER.jpg

Then get Ole Bill Clinton up with his Sax, now that'd be a great ole party ;)

mtfbwya

Hmm, not sure Public Enemy is the best choice there Astro. The title of most of their songs would favour the Republicans to say the least.

Don't Believe The Hype

Countdown to Armageddon

Mind Terrorist

Louder Than a Bomb

Security of the First World

Prophets of Rage

Welcome to the Terrodome

:D

Maybe 'Funky President' by James Brown would be more appropriate. ;)

tT2AA_280268_l.jpg

Congratulations to all north-americans for the elections. Pretty much every insightful comment of Astro is a comment I agree with. I believe the steps Obama plans on taking are the right ones for your people.

As a foreigner, most precisely brazillian, I'm worried by some measures of Obama, though. For instance, being a supporter of american bio-fuel he already said that the country won't drop the subsidies given to the corn farmers, even though brazillian cane is of proven efficiency. Higher than the fuel made of corn.

i heard obama shot a man in reno just to watch him die

Nope, I'm pretty sure he wanted to stel his wallet.

*sigh* I was all for Obama winning..but the blacks are getting too much power now...not in my eyes..but other people.

Obama is bound to be assasinated - he will get shot definately. Look at Martin Luther King - and look at JFK. Didn't turn out well did it! MLK Succeeded but got shot! I don't think it's any different in Obama's case.

*Ultra sigh* What I think he will do is basically carry on feeding power through to black people - Not to sound racist or anythin. But if he DOES do that - he will be more of a target than Martin Luther King was in my opinion

The sort of racist people tire me tho - my mum got an email this morning from an american m8 - and all it sed was - WERE SCREWED NOW! - can tell wat that was about cant u? O.o

It's interesting to see how many times you try to convince us you're not being racist while your post shoot that idea pretty quick.

To be honest, I'm surprised we haven't had more presidential assassinations or assassinations of candidates. I can't figure it would have been that difficult, really - they do the handshaking the supporters thing and talking with them and stuff. I can't figure it'd be that difficult for someone to get close with a pocket pistol. Maybe the Secret Service really are ninjas.

People are getting fat.

Traditionally the Oh-So-White Mormon Tabernacle Choir Sings at the President's Inauguration....

I saw on the news a while back, they actually got a black guy in there now. He used to be in a British boy band.

*random*

Okay well... I find this thread to be pretty racist (mostly the first post and title) but it hasn't been shut down yet soo...

I personally don't like Obama: he's much too liberal, but it seems to me that this has become a skin color thing and that's not what it should have become.

Obama is the first black president! This was Martin Luther King Jr's DREAM! I don't see eye to eye with all of Obama's ideas for the country and I even liked Bush to an extent but this is HISTORY we are making here!

Maybe Obama is just the right change for America, and even though the media is portraying this as a victory for black people, it's not just that at all. It is a victory for America, obviously we're ready for change, otherwise he wouldn't have been elected.

Don't get me wrong, I was praying for John McCain to win, but now that Obama's in office, we're going to have to make the best of it, who knows? Maybe things WILL get better with everything. ;)

(And just as a sidenote, Bush wasn't that bad of a president at all... Look what party was predominately in the Congress and Senate for the past 8 years... Then look who was president before Bush... Then tell me it was all Dubya's fault ;) )

I personally don't like Obama: he's much too liberal, but it seems to me that this has become a skin color thing and that's not what it should have become.
Hey, that's cool. We can agree to disagree and all that. You do sound pretty reasonab-

(And just as a sidenote, Bush wasn't that bad of a president at all... Look what party was predominately in the Congress and Senate for the past 8 years... Then look who was president before Bush... Then tell me it was all Dubya's fault ;) )
Nevermind :eyeraise:

I agree, that entire low unemployment, balance budget, low fuel cost and 401K actually growing is so overrated. :rolleyes:

Hey, that's cool. We can agree to disagree and all that. You do sound pretty reasonab-

Nevermind :eyeraise:

:lol:

Politics really isn't my forte, I was just throwing out my two cents. ;)

And I really do think that Obama will be a positive change, I just don't agree with all of his policies. :)

I agree, that entire low unemployment, balance budget, low fuel cost and 401K actually growing is so overrated.

Hmm, I sense a bit of sarcasm. >.<

And I really do think that Obama will be a positive change, I just don't agree with all of his policies. :)
Normally, I would be inclined to ask you which policies specifically you disagreed with.

However since you admitted that you don't follow politics and then cemented that by 1) arguing that Bush was a good president 2) insinuated that Democrats ran Congress for most of the last 8 years when it was in fact Republicans that ran it for all but 2 of the last 14 years and 3) insinuated that Bill Clinton handed Bush a broken country when the reality is that he handed him a budget surplus, a lowered crime rate, etc, I'm going to just give you a pass and move along.

...However since you admitted that you don't follow politics...

I never said I don't FOLLOW politics, just that they're not my forte. I have pretty strong opinions, however when I come face to face (well not literally in this case) with people like you who seem to live and breathe politics, my arguments and opinions are suddenly not as..... Strong I suppose. ;)

I never said I don't FOLLOW politics, just that they're not my forte. I have pretty strong opinions, however when I come face to face (well not literally in this case) with people like you who seem to live and breathe politics, my arguments and opinions are suddenly not as..... Strong I suppose. ;)
If you would like to volunteer which policies you don't agree with (and why) then I'll be more than happy to hear you out. I was just letting you know that I wasn't going to challenge you on your comment because it was apparent that this isn't your strong point.

At the end of the day, I can only hope that you don't agree with something because you took the time to understand the issue first and then decided that you didn't find the proposed policy satisfactory. Otherwise you're simply repeating someone else's rhetoric.

3) insinuated that Bill Clinton handed Bush a broken country when the reality is that he handed him a budget surplus, a lowered crime rate, etc
Well, I imagine that a terroist attack that was beyond Bush's control could deplete a few of those things.

If you would like to volunteer which policies you don't agree with (and why) then I'll be more than happy to hear you out. I was just letting you know that I wasn't going to challenge you on your comment because it was apparent that this isn't your strong point.

At the end of the day, I can only hope that you don't agree with something because you took the time to understand the issue first and then decided that you didn't find the proposed policy satisfactory. Otherwise you're simply repeating someone else's rhetoric.

Fair enough. ;)

And honestly, I didn't agree with health care policies... But I would have to admit that I don't feel strongly enough about those to argue with you. I liked McCain's policies better. There were some other things I didn't quite agree with but...

If I wasn't so tired I would've been up for a good debate Achilles... You lucked out. ;) Maybe next time.

Well, I imagine that a terroist attack that was beyond Bush's control could deplete a few of those things.
A terrorist attack that Bush had advanced warning of.

Doesn't matter though, because this has absolutely nothing to do with your comment, which I will quote again for the benefit of keeping the dialog on-topic:

Then look who was president before Bush... Then tell me it was all Dubya's fault

I liked McCain's policies better.
Okay. Which part? The part where he gave you $5,000 to cover an average of $12,000 in annual cost (assuming that you're in good health. Assume a much larger number if you have poor health or a pre-existing condition)? The part where he taxed that $5,000? Help me understand how McCain's policies were preferable.

If I wasn't so tired I would've been up for a good debate Achilles... You lucked out. ;) Maybe next time.
I'll be sure to say my prayers before bedtime. Take care.

I'm going to get some heat for this; however, I have to make this one prediction - observation. Obama is no longer about change in the sensational essence. He is surounding himself wisely with people who are established White House familiars. Watch over the next several months, and you will see what will become Clinton 2.0. Obama is choosing people who don't represent change in the figurative sense. They will get the job done; however, they are individuals who are completely familar with Washington.

I can live with a Clinton 2.0 for four years. We really need a new-familiar set of eyes, and the people Obama is choosing can walk in both Democrat and Republican worlds. I'm beginning to slightly warm up to this guy.

He is choosing a strong European-American establishment; thus, Obama is promoting a high sense of tolerance and unity. He has the potential to become a great example; thus, showing minorities of all creeds the type of person we are looking for. We are not looking for a Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, or Rev. Wright type of guy. Obama has the potential to become someone more conservative. It does show.

Lets see what he can do with it. I still don't trust Obama like everyone else; however, I'm opening the door for him to prove me wrong.

Archived