Home

Grim Fandango puzzle/design document released

Thrik

Man, I almost missed the whole thing. I only visited the website to get the patch since I suddenly felt like playing the game again and noticed the mention of this.

I wish that Manny's brother segment had been in the final game. It would have brought even more depth to Manny's character and the dream-talk puzzle sounded like it would have been fun to solve. I guess the bit might have felt out of place in the actual game, but it doesn't stop me from desperately wanting to play it.

LucasArts made Schafer take it down, so if they catch you they'll probably do the same. For this reason I've opted not to mirror it anywhere at the moment on the LFN — although I'll stealthily slip it up once they've forgotten about this.

Up to you if you want to take the risk, really. :o

I just don't get what they thought they would achieve by that. The game is ten years old and that document could have done nothing to hurt LA - there was no controversial info or company secrets, and since they will probably never release anything new GF-related again, it couldn't have hurt any sales either.

If anything, I think the document would have brought positive attention to the game and reminded people that it exists. If I were LA, I'd be happy to keep the fanbase active in case I ever wanted to make more money from GF again.

LucasArts made Schafer take it down

LucasArts took notice!? LucasArts actually noticed and admitted Grim Fandango was/is their intellectual property? And they actually cared enough to file a DMCA take down notice? Now THAT'S and anniversary present.

Man, makes you wonder who and how many they have continually scouring the net for this stuff. Maybe they plan to incorporate some this material at some future date into, dare I say, a sequel?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived