Home

Michael Crichton dies at age 66

IG-64

At the risk of sounding disrespectful, I stopped listening to Mr. Crichton after I learned that he was acting as an unofficial science adviser to George Bush.

Bush needed all the advisement he could get. If we're not trying to advise him, we have no right to complain when he does something stupid. Acting as Bush's advisor = bad-choice dampening.

At any rate, I've never been as huge a fan as most, but I still enjoyed his reads. RIP.

Bush needed all the advisement he could get. If we're not trying to advise him, we have no right to complain when he does something stupid. Acting as Bush's advisor = bad-choice dampening.
Except Crichton 1) isn't a scientist and 2) gave bad advise :(

[/off topic]

RIP

Speaking only of the books, I really enjoyed Congo, Jurassic Park and Lost World.

At the risk of sounding disrespectful, I stopped listening to Mr. Crichton after I learned that he was acting as an unofficial science adviser to George Bush.
Bush was trying to solve our petroleum problem by bring back the dinosaur. Crichton was Bush’s first call. After all if it is written in a book it must be true.

Bush was trying to solve our petroleum problem by bring back the dinosaur. Crichton was Bush’s first call. After all if it is written in a book it must be true.

I have a hard time believing he read the book, he probably loves the movies though.

To get back on topic, RIP.

I've read most of his stuff even as far back as the andromeda strain and the great train robbery. I hadn't read his latest one though, but Timeline blew my mind when it came out, So passes a great author who had an amazing career. RIP M.C. At least you went out at the top of your game

Archived