Home

Post your AI (Artificial Idiot) moments here!

GwannaSauna

Post your stupid AI moments here! Anything! Did a Dark trooper shoot a fellow friend when he meant to shoot the enemy in front of him? Did a pilot droid do an accidental suicide run? Post it here!

Pour moi...:

- Once I was playing on Death Star: ??? and I destroyed the bridge that leads to the main beam room. My comrades continued to run off the edge instead of taking the elevator ;)

• 4 weeks later...

That's not an artificial idiot moment. You did that yourself, not the AI. I'd say that my AI moment was on Kamino CTF. Most of the time, if you hit one of the AI with a snipe shot, they'll stop dead in their tracks and let you nail them again.

Hmmm, my AI moment would have to be on Naboo, I was running around shooting droids and enjoying myself and I threw a grenade in the middle of them and my idiot "buddies" ran to the middle and were blown up... None of the droids got hurt... >_<

My AI moment was on Rhen Var (citadel) when I was attacking a turret as an arc trooper (had been killing tons of people on my team) and I fired a rocket (or whatever it is) at the turret and a jet trooper landed right in front of me, causing the rocket to blow up...right in front of me...throwing me off the map :whacked:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Old stuff thats fun, awesome :D

Had an A.I republic trooper lob a grenade at the guy infront of me, which then bounced off him and exploded at my feet. With FF on, this was not fun for me.

• 1 year later...
Don't post in old topics. It's been almost two years since the last post.

Counts for your other posts in old topics, too.

There is nothing wrong with posting on old threads, as long as it's not a reply to someone else. Besides, creating a new topic that already exists would be much worse.

There is nothing wrong with posting on old threads, as long as it's not a reply to someone else.

How so? Result is same. Another comment on a conversation long over.

Besides, creating a new topic that already exists would be much worse.

I agree. The solution is for everybody to not post at all, become bitter old people by lurking, and bite the heads off of anybody who breaks this tradition.

How so? Result is same.

No, it's not. Replying to someone else is pointless, since that conversation is long over as you said. Replying to the thread, is giving his own opinion on the topic, which could provide a new conversation or interest to others.

The solution is for everybody to not post at all,

And here I thought this was a forum for general discussion...

No, it's not. Replying to someone else is pointless, since that conversation is long over as you said. Replying to the thread, is giving his own opinion on the topic, which could provide a new conversation or interest to others.

I might agree if we had anyone here, but the fact there's nobody to converse with or interest means that it's just fairly pointless necromancy.

Posting in old threads in an inactive forum is listening to your echo.

Posting in old threads in an active forum is disregarding ongoing discussions for finished ones.

Both are simply bad netiquette.

And here I thought this was a forum for general discussion...

Last statement was an irony. I thought you'd catch that.

I might agree if we had anyone here, but the fact there's nobody to converse with or interest means that it's just fairly pointless necromancy.

We don't know that. Who's to say the bump won't make people reply to the topic? Even if it doesn't, nobody get's hurt because of that.

Posting in old threads in an inactive forum is listening to your echo.

Let them hear to their echo then.

Posting in old threads in an active forum is disregarding ongoing discussions for finished ones.

Not necessarily. A discussion is not finished until a topic is blocked. And one can give his own opinion to an old topic, unless a new one exists.

Both are simply bad netiquette.

Again, not necessarily. Bad netiquette would be a topic reposted.

Last statement was an irony. I thought you'd catch that.

I did. I only quoted that part to remember that this is a discussion forum, empty or not. ;)

Apparently, our difference of opinion stems from one difference in definition: when a discussion is finished. You say that a discussion is finished when it literally cannot continue. I say that a discussion is finished when everyone has ceased discussing for a long period of time.

Apparently, our difference of opinion stems from one difference in definition: when a discussion is finished. You say that a discussion is finished when it literally cannot continue. I say that a discussion is finished when everyone has ceased discussing for a long period of time.

One can give his own opinion on the thread topic, and not be part of a discussion within the thread.

Apparently, we also have a different definition of discussion. You say that a discussion is simply two people responding to one another within a thread, such as we are doing now. I say that the entire thread is a discussion on a topic that the thread's author specified.

Apparently, we also have a different definition of discussion. You say that a discussion is simply two people responding to one another within a thread, such as we are doing now. I say that the entire thread is a discussion on a topic that the thread's author specified.

Well, there are different types of discussions. ;)

Archived