9516 members have voted

1. 1. Kirk vs Revan who would win

• Kirk he's awesome
    • I love Revan
    • Dragonflies

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Star Trek: TNG far outclasses Star Wars in terms of technology, but the question isn't about the universe they come from. Revan beats Kirk hands down simply being a Jedi and as a commander. If the two had only their skills, they would be very evenly matched. I still would support Revan w/out the Force, but that's just me.

Picard was the Columbus of the galaxy! He found the Empire! How come he isn't a true "trekkie," like Kirk? Come on! He has awesome mind powers elsewhere. :D

I agree with that kind of statement. The original series is ancient and should be left behind. TNG, DS9, and Voyager stand apart and should be the new face of Star Trek. Why a dinosaur like Kirk? Why not captain Sisko or Picard?

I agree with that kind of statement. The original series is ancient and should be left behind. TNG, DS9, and Voyager stand apart and should be the new face of Star Trek. Why a dinosaur like Kirk? Why not captain Sisko or Picard?

That Original Series that you so despise and deride for it's age gave birth to the newer series that you so love. Show a bit of respect for it. It's the same as people complaining about the Original Star Wars films - you wouldn't have the new ones without them.

And the original Star Trek was groundbreaking for it's time. Just because it doesn't hold with your modern standards doesn't mean it should be disregarded.

:carms:

OOO! That or Kirk would simply use his over-acting bad dialogue techniques!!!

Kirk: Oh no! It's the totally oversized, weird, Star Forge killer, with red lightsabers and black clothing from Kmart, fat, lizard-like, weird, Revan thingy!!!

Revan: That made no sense...

Kirk: Exactly!

Revan: *dies*

I'm not just talking power...

Power is everything... without that your other systems are lacking.

When dealing with sci fi craft and if you truly desire to pit them against one another power generation is the first thing you look at. Without enough power all the other fancy tools the ship possesses mean little.

Cloaking,

Star Wars also has...

shields,

Star Wars has them too... add to this the superior power they can pump into the system from the advanced Ion power systems, it isn't likely a mere matter/anti-matter ship can even generate enough power to penetrate a SW combat vessels shields, even a simple SW Yacht with a civilian Ion system might give our beloved Enterprises a run for their money.

**** torpedoes,

These weapons are akin to the plethora of missiles/torpedoes in SW. Though I do give Trek's their due as some really nice systems.

holographic technology,

Absolutely... SW has inferior Holo tech, but consider that we never saw any usage of the tech outside long distance communications and Astromech droid recordings. I bet the bar on Coruscant had something to offer that was at least in color. ;)

Warp drive,

I wouldn't tout that system too much as something advanced, Hyperdrives do not hurt the fabric of space like Warp Drives can and do.

You missed the best one though, the Transporter... best thing in Trek hands down. While Teleportation is mentioned in Wars it must be real iffy if the Emperor still uses a shuttle! :lol:

If this thread was Sisko vs. Revan well I'd have to vote for da' Hawk! ;)

Power is everything... without that your other systems are lacking.

When dealing with sci fi craft and if you truly desire to pit them against one another power generation is the first thing you look at. Without enough power all the other fancy tools the ship possesses mean little.

Star Wars has them too... add to this the superior power they can pump into the system from the advanced Ion power systems, it isn't likely a mere matter/anti-matter ship can even generate enough power to penetrate a SW combat vessels shields, even a simple SW Yacht with a civilian Ion system might give our beloved Enterprises a run for their money.

These weapons are akin to the plethora of missiles/torpedoes in SW. Though I do give Trek's their due as some really nice systems.

Absolutely... SW has inferior Holo tech, but consider that we never saw any usage of the tech outside long distance communications and Astromech droid recordings. I bet the bar on Coruscant had something to offer that was at least in color. ;)

I wouldn't tout that system too much as something advanced, Hyperdrives do not hurt the fabric of space like Warp Drives can and do.

You missed the best one though, the Transporter... best thing in Trek hands down. While Teleportation is mentioned in Wars it must be real iffy if the Emperor still uses a shuttle! :lol:

If this thread was Sisko vs. Revan well I'd have to vote for da' Hawk! ;)

Of course, Star Wars outclasses the original Star Trek Enterprise in every way... that I have no doubt. I wouldn't take Scotty's word in a single episode of TOS that does not apply to TNG or beyond. How fast is hyperdrive, anyway? Try warp 8... it's about a thousand-fold faster. Proton torpedoes? Try something that's more powerful than a hydrogen bomb. Cloaking device? Sure, but your billion credits must be paid in advance. Tractor beams, transporters, holo projectors... all are RARE in the SW universe or way inferior to those of TNG.

Hyperdrive exact speeds are not ever stated, but of intrest it takes a week to travel across the whole of the galaxy in SW with a X1 Hyperdrive... for the record the Falcon was listed with a .5 Hyperdrive rating.

Proton warheads in Star Wars have yealds up to and including 1000 megatons pending the launch platform.

Tractor beams are not rare in Wars... that's silly. Every capital ship and base has them.

The rest of your part here is emotional and flawed fanboy-ism. -RH

The USS Defiant could take on a Star Destroyer easily. Han Solo said it would have taken half the Empire's fleet to destroy a single planet... if that's true, then the Defiant has that much firepower. (DS9 episode: Broken Link) Try another episode with twenty ships doing just that as well... combined mass about the same as a Star Destroyer. (The Die is Cast) Sorry, but Star Trek M/A reactors and artificial singularity reactors are WAY beyond ion power.

Again you choose to ignore stated canon, not my fault. Ion power is still beyond the most modern of Trek tech... now after our Trek galaxy has functioned for 5,000 plus years then we can talk about who is more advanced, but then Wars would be 5,000 more years more advanced. han Solo wasn't an authority in the field of military operations either, he was a scoundrel, hardly an engineer in any sense of the word (Empire Strikes Back and the state of the Falcon's hyperdrive anyone?). -RH

Either way, Kirk would be doomed vs. Revan with or without that so flimsy ship of his.

no way man. The enterprise is far too powerful to have to worry about a space based battle.

Don't forget that Star Wars based ships are still using a point and shoot method, and a few fragile form of shields.

While any Star Fleet vessles are fully equiped for combat and have an advanced, and battle tested form of shields. Not too mention that Star Fleet has some really menuverale ships, and those torpedoes.

I'm sorry if it came down to a space based battle, Enterprise vs. Leviathan, The enterprise would come out on top every time.

Archived