Home

Will you buy and play TOR if you have to pay for it like Galaxies?

GwannaSauna

Will you buy and play TOR is you have to pay for it like Galaxies?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy and play TOR is you have to pay for it like Galaxies?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont really know how people can expect any kind of quality, updates, expansions, support and unlimited play for a one time fee... everything cost's money

edit: you may wanna edit the poll to include non bias answers if you want people to click one :)

Folks, this is LucasArts we're talking about. Do you honestly believe that they would go to the trouble and expense of hiring BioWare to make their new, flashy MMO and then not charge a monthly fee?
No, but that's not what I'm arguing. I'm just saying it could be done.

care to expand? and comment on level of quality of Guild Wars compared to expected quality and content of tOR?

Well, define quality.

As far as story goes, a good story costs as much as a bad story.

As for graphics, the only difference is the scale of the game considering this is going to be a top selling game they'll make their money back and then some in box sales alone. If the graphics are comparable to guild wars I'd be very happy.

New content? Guild wars did it by making expansions. Which were optional but made them enough money to keep making expansions and to start work on guild wars 2 which will also not have a monthly fee.

p.s You can't even jump in Guild Wars. 'Nuff said.
^This.

I also think it's unreasonable to not expect a monthly fee from this game, when you compare the amount of content in an MMO to a single player game, I think it's worth it.

p.s You can't even jump in Guild Wars. 'Nuff said.

Jumping is overrated. If you can jump it would by extension mean that you can fall to your death, which almost certainly means there will be annoying jumping puzzles or similar environmental hazards. Combine this with the mandatory lag and a client and server struggling to agree on where exactly the player is located, and the result will be lots of screams and splats. :)

I won't buy it if you have to pay for a monthly fee. (Which I'm sure you will have to.) I really hope that you will also be able to play single-player because I just ended my xbox live gold subscription. If I didn't have to pay for Xbox Live then I might buy it. It's not that paying for Xbox Live Gold is too much. I just don't want to have to end it again. When I was trying to end my subscription, the people on the phone could hardly speak english! Also, they charged me for ANOTHER 3 months of Xbox Live Gold because they said that I had asked for another 3 months!!! Sorry about the rant...

Simply the fact that its mmo makes it BS... And i would have to pay every month for it? hell no. And if you ask me, its not about the AMOUNT of content but rather the quality of it... Which as we know, is usually kinda bad in the MMO´s. Or do you find " kill 50 rats" -quests rewarding?

Archived