Home

Will you buy and play TOR if you have to pay for it like Galaxies?

GwannaSauna

Will you buy and play TOR is you have to pay for it like Galaxies?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy and play TOR is you have to pay for it like Galaxies?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Simply the fact that its mmo makes it BS... And i would have to pay every month for it? hell no. And if you ask me, its not about the AMOUNT of content but rather the quality of it... Which as we know, is usually kinda bad in the MMO´s. Or do you find " kill 50 rats" -quests rewarding?

Well if there aren't infinite time sinks you'd finish the game and they can't have that!

The poll shows too much bias. Can't we get it reworded to something less biased?

(Done! ~T_A)

Yes, I think this game will be worth it

No, I don't think it will be worth it.

Maybe, I'm waiting for more info like everyone else.

Me, I'm a firm Maybe with a leaning towards yes. I absolutely back my maybe. It is so early to say yes. I mean the game play might be completely convoluted. They might go back on the "no killing rats" promise(as much as I dislike rats, I don't like killing them for long periods of time).

• 2 weeks later...
AeriaGames would like to disagree.

Granted, those are targeted at a younger audience and the ones that are not, are pretty bad. Most free mmos are terrible. Guild Wars releases big content updates for money. Free mmos have item malls. Item malls are terrible.

oh, and I am more than willing to try the game for 50 bucks, it IS Star Wars. If I do not like it, after my free month, oh well.

For the record, GW 2 will include jumping.

Honestly, I don't know. My hopes certainly aren't up for the game, and I don't even feel WoW warrants my 15 a month, so unless ToR is really super special, I'm looking at a rather pithy "no".

Maybe if there's like a first month free deal, yeah I'll give it a shot and see if it's worth it, otherwise, maybe sometime down the road I'll try it, but I won't be hopping off to buy it day 1 that's for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

On average (and assuming it will be on average) $15/month isn't a lot of money for anyone who has a job or some kind of regular income. The reason for paying? Simple: server maintenance and upkeep costs. It costs money to operate servers, and keep them running ship shape with a high uprate. Just like when you're playing an FPS. Sure, you can play for free by joining other peoples servers but down the line someone is paying for that server. It just doesn't magically appear. In an MMO there are a lot of servers that house thousands of players. These cost money. Solution: monthly fees. And of course let's not forget patch content (not expansions) and the developers working to keep the balance issues in check, etc.

So yes, I'll pay per month. Of course if after the first month (which is normally included with purchase) I'm not satisfied then I'll just cancel and move on. :)

Yes and no. There are many parents who will blindly hand over their credit cards to their kids just to keep them off their backs. At least that is my hypothesis or explanation for all the "kiddies" I've run into in World of Warcraft and other MMOs (Warhammer was pretty bad too). Or, just immature adults. But then again I guess any online game has it's share of both mature and non.

On average (and assuming it will be on average) $15/month isn't a lot of money for anyone who has a job or some kind of regular income. The reason for paying? Simple: server maintenance and upkeep costs. It costs money to operate servers, and keep them running ship shape with a high uprate. Just like when you're playing an FPS. Sure, you can play for free by joining other peoples servers but down the line someone is paying for that server. It just doesn't magically appear. In an MMO there are a lot of servers that house thousands of players. These cost money. Solution: monthly fees. And of course let's not forget patch content (not expansions) and the developers working to keep the balance issues in check, etc.

So yes, I'll pay per month. Of course if after the first month (which is normally included with purchase) I'm not satisfied then I'll just cancel and move on. :)

Something like banner ads on a launchpad screen could cover those costs.

• 4 weeks later...

What do you expect with modern MMOs? Yes I'll pay the fee, but in return for that fee I expect a damn good game! I pay to play FFXI and I don't regret it. The problem for me is will I quit FFXI if TOR is really awesome?

Paying will probably be demanded. It'll probably be monthly and, like most MMOs, it'll be ballpark $10-$15. I'd like to see multi platform though (i bet TOR would be sexy on the 360!)

Archived