Home

Digital Camera Help

Mav

I know this isn't exactly a computer question, but I was wondering if you all could help me find a good digital camera to replace my ancient one that uses film! Anyway some things I'm looking for/parameters. I'd like the camera to be able to capture good video along with taking pictures, see the plan is to take it up flying with me when I go do some aerobatics, Immelmans, hammerheads, etc. However, I'm on a fairly limited budget with around the 300$ USD mark being my limit. Any help finding a good camera that fits my needs would be greatly appreciated.

-Mav

mods, if this isn't in the right place, I apologize and feel free to move it

I'm partial to Canons. I've been seeing the S5 IS cameras on sale at some places for ~280 or so. The S5 IS is rather large and requires a lens cap. If that's too much camera for you, I think you'd be perfectly happy with the smaller and cheaper SX100 IS. It's a dandy camera that you can pick up pretty easily for 200 bucks.

If you're looking for a subcompact, their SD1100s are really spiffy and have been going for around 125 online at several places.

Archived