Home

Game eventually FAILS TO SAVE

ENG

I'm on the mission on Carida where Han and Chewie have to go it themselves to get the Death Star schematics. Saves took longer, and I saw that it took over 10 minutes to attempt a save. (In the meantime I did other things not to bore myself.) Then it eventually tells me:

Failed to save game. Check available disk space.

What kind of a sick joke is this? I have 95.9 GBs of free available space out of a total of 220 GBs.

Anyway, here are the stats on my laptop:

Dell Inspiron 1720

Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 (whatever T7500 is supposed to mean)

2.2 GHz

4 GBs of RAM (of which only ~3.3 is usable thanks to Windows Vista Home Premium not being a 64-bit system.

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

1600x1200 screen resolution

So anyway, I have to carefully work the mission from the last available save point, so I eventually finish it. Once I'm back in space with a quarter of the galaxy remaining that just opened up with lots of Imperial and Pirate systems to conquer, I attempt to save. I didn't remember having saving troubles before when I saved in the Galactic View, but when I tried to save after finishing the covert Carida mission, I heard an error chime and alt+tabbed out to see an "Exception" window. I press "Retry" but to no avail; I had to shut the game down.

What causes this problem? Are the graphics settings too high? Do I overwrite saves too many times? Or are too many processes running in the background? Does it have anything to do with how long my computer has gone without a restart?

The latest save files have taken as much as ~41 MB of space per save while the earlier ones take around 10-11 thereabouts or less. That made me think it had something to do with how big my Rebellion was getting (with 3/4 of the galaxy occupied) but the beginning of the covert Carida mission was no problem so it has to be something else.

• 5 years later...

I'm having a very similar problem, though it's happening as early as Fresia. Saving started out normal, then began to take longer and longer until it gave the "Failed to save game. Check available disk space" error message. Overwriting previous saves tends to fail and delete that save. I've tried many of the solutions out there, but they've proven ineffective.

Edit: Just realised this thread is six years old. My bad...

Archived