Home

Elder Scrolls V

Rogue15

(no wii)

Now, I have been imagining how an ES game would fare on the Wii, and many ideas came into my head. For swords, just swinging the wii-mote. Arrows would work by going into an "arrow mode of sorts", and, using the wiimote to aim and thrusting the nunchuck to fire the arrows. You could move around in Arrow Mode. Not sure on how they would do magicka.

In other words, it would give you great exercise to have an ES game on the Wii :D:p

At least they're acknowledging the Wii, rather than other developers who just write it off due to its supposed lack of substance (Yes, I'm looking at you Epic). I wouldn't like to see a Bethesda RPG for the Wii, but definitely a Western RPG with a turn-based combat system. When you think about it, the Wii would be a great fit for both turn-based and real-time RPGs; the Wiimote is a perfect analog to the mouse, which would work well for turn-based combat, but the Wiimote is also equipped for real-time combat, i.e., swinging a sword or shooting a gun by simply waving the remote.

^^^^

why bother when you can just use a mouse & keyboard?? moving a mouse > waving your Wiimote. and i don't even want to know how ridiculous i'd look trying to wave my Wiimote around to cast a spell...

and if this one's going to be in Skyrim, then i'll be highly looking forward to it. the Nords were always some of my favorite characters, and i always thought they seemed to have the best backstory, too. :D

I just hope that it's more like Morrowind and less like Oblivion.

Honestly I was apathetic to both because Morrowind was too obtuse controlwise in my opinion, though the atmosphere was fantastic. While Oblivion had horrible atmosphere(LOTR rip-off) but the controls were nice and simple. Here's to hoping that Elder Scrolls V combines the best of both.

I'm not sure what more I can say besides what Ctrl Alt Del already said so I'll just say the same thing only louder and angrier.

• Oh God, Oh God. Fix the damn leveling system.
  • Seriously, what the hell? Get more voice actors. Do it. Do it now.
  • You call that Dialogue? What's with the combat?

QFE.

There is also a mod floating around called oblivionReborn, which turns oblivion into a multiplayer exploaration thingy. I would love to see something like that implemented with Xbox Live, Playstation Network, what have you.

Don't get me wrong: Morrowind was flawed. Very flawed. But it could be a lot of fun if you either forced yourself to level up the hard way by avoiding trainers like the plague or if you spent time figuring out new and creative ways to exploit and therefore break the game. And it even had a decent, though not great, story. Good times. ;)

I'll just add:

• Give the NPCs a little emotion. Make it so that the most memorable NPC are not just the ones I want to gut like a fish. Fix it so the characters actually have character.

Don’t get me wrong I really like Morrowind and Oblivion, I just disliked the NPCs with a passion. My most memorable NPC from either game was Alessia Ottus, whom my PC stole from and tormented ever chance he/she got. I always play with a good PC, but even so, Alessia managed to get a few arrows in her head during my time playing Oblivion. My sacrifice to the Night Mother for free. ;)

Archived