John Wayne... or Clint Eastwood?

Astor

Who do you Prefer?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you Prefer?

• John Wayne
    • Clint Eastwood
    • Yoda

Okay, so i'm a big fan of the Old West and Western Movies, and was wondering what people's opinions are.

So, do you prefer the clean-cut US Marshals so often portrayed by the Duke?

Or the quiet, mean, ornery gunslingers so often portrayed by The Man with No Name?

Or, of course, you can vote Yoda...

Though he may have made a couple realy wierd westerns, he's awesome, from the 1920s up!

But Clint Eastwood did not make any weird westerns. :D

I’m not voting. I like them both too much. Eastwood was in my two favorite westerns “Unforgiven” and “Paint your Wagon” (the weird Western linked above) and John Wayne was in my next two “The Man that Shot Liberty Valance” and “The Searchers.” I don’t even know if they are my two favorite actors from westerns as I really like Henry Fonda, Glenn Ford, Jimmy Stewart, Robert Mitchum, Kirk Douglas, Terence Hill and Lee Marvin too.

But Clint Eastwood did not make any weird westerns. :D

I’m not voting. I like them both too much. Eastwood was in my two favorite westerns “Unforgiven” and “Paint your Wagon” (the weird Western linked above) and John Wayne was in my next two “The Man that Shot Liberty Valance” and “The Searchers.” I don’t even know if they are my two favorite actors from westerns as I really like Henry Fonda, Glenn Ford, Jimmy Stewart, Robert Mitchum, Kirk Douglas, Terence Hill and Lee Marvin too.

Very true Mim, but I couldn't fit all of those on the poll... and Clint and Duke are usually the ones that come to mind.

BTW, no Gary Cooper? I agree with everyone else you've mentioned, just wondering if there's a reason Cooper's left off...

BTW, no Gary Cooper? I agree with everyone else you've mentioned, just wondering if there's a reason Cooper's left off...
My mistake. Gary Cooper will always be Sergeant York in my eyes. I'm more upset that I forgot Alan Ladd and for that matter "Shane" altogether.

The Duke for sure in a fistfight.

...but there's no one faster with a pistol than the man with no name.

John Bernard Brooks would like to have a word with you.

Easy decision for me. John Wayne, True American Hero. I like Clint Eastwood but he has gotten PC lately, especially with movies like Letters from Iwo Jima.

She Wore a Yellow Ribbon

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance Heavy Spoiler

lolz, a draft dodger who taped his eyes together and played an asian compared to a great actor, director and producer beyond and including westerns..

Hardly a 'draft dodger', as you put it, Astro. He was exempted from service due to both age and his family status.

Okay, you could make the arguments that his hollywood friends, such as Fonda, Gable and Stewart (Stewart being a good example of celebrities on the front line), but Wayne did do his best to join the Army (even asking to be in friend John Ford's unit).

You make it sound like he did his level best to avoid service - but a lot of factors contributed to his not actively serving.

Archived