Home

JKARp - Another OJP-E Roleplay Community.

Monoliths

Hello All.

I'm representing a community of roleplayers who have recently moved on to jka and OJP enhanced.

We have two servers at the moment one sith/jedi. Of course we do switch maps to fit what ever roleplay we are doing but mainly our default maps are Jedi/Sith.

All of our members including myself were a part of a text based roleplay so we are all very much experianced with the star wars lore.

If your interested in joining our community here is our main forum.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/JKA_WW/index.php?act=idx

I look forward to seeing you there :D

Josh/

Who cares about the RP / FFA server ratio if the FFA servers aren't even populated half the time.

Oh well, since it's just ''another'' rp community I'll just consider it the same as all the others. Nothing to see here.

Oh look at that. Internal community conflict, specifically referring to: http://z13.invisionfree.com/JKA_WW/index.php?showtopic=313

Guess that puts it in the same section as URPC.

Nah he admit he was being a bit idoitc and has since rejoined. Pretty most of our member base know each other from a previously roleplay so yeh :)

Whats wrong with roleplay anyway? OJP is awesome for roleplaying.

URPC?

Many roleplayers feel themselves to be superior in one way or another to other players, and refuse to learn to fight properly, and disregard skill completely. (An initiate might be polite, and whoop the Jedi master's ass, but they'll just act like nothing ever happened.)

Many roleplayers seem to think that OJP is awesome for roleplaying but still maintain the old combat-style of non-ojp mods, and totally ignore the fact that kicking people down is an option now, rather than killing someone in a spar and then pretending he or she never died.

Many roleplayers seem to think that ''forceregentime 0'' is realistic.

The concept of roleplaying though, there's nothing wrong with that.

URPC was another RP Community that fell apart due to internal conflicts.

Protip: lern2play cuz if max keeps his current mindset RP-ers will be forced to use the old version, lest they want to be obliterated in the new version.

-0mega-;2555842']Many roleplayers feel themselves to be superior in one way or another to other players, and refuse to learn to fight properly, and disregard skill completely. (An initiate might be polite, and whoop the Jedi master's ass, but they'll just act like nothing ever happened.)

Many roleplayers seem to think that OJP is awesome for roleplaying but still maintain the old combat-style of non-ojp mods, and totally ignore the fact that kicking people down is an option now, rather than killing someone in a spar and then pretending he or she never died.

Many roleplayers seem to think that ''forceregentime 0'' is realistic.

The concept of roleplaying though, there's nothing wrong with that.

URPC was another RP Community that fell apart due to internal conflicts.

Protip: lern2play cuz if max keeps his current mindset RP-ers will be forced to use the old version, lest they want to be obliterated in the new version.

I know how roleplay works and many of our communities members know the 'ubering' way of roleplaying and it is highly against our rules. We have force points for each rank, as that rank you are required too roleplay it or you will be asked to change your points or get kicked.

I hate the common mind set of individuals who roleplay too act like god, its common in almost every community but not ours.We have been through this and dealt with it in our past roleplays.

In our roleplay we can have duels with for atleast 25 minutes and no we do not have forceregentime is not set to 0 its set to 200.

I also don't really require protips, I know how to play and so do a lot of our members. The system of learning OJP is great roleplay training for many because the combat system is fairly complex and hard to get use to. If I look at other mods which are out there like JA+/Movie Battles I still think OJP is the best for roleplay/ffa and w.e

Welcometo the OJP community. Have fun with your rping, but please don't neglect action gaming and learning proper OJP combat...and for the love of all that is holy don't lock your friggin server when you guys aren't rping! I swear there are days when I look at the server list of half locked rp servers and I wish we had taken Renegade's(creator of MB2) advice and not had FFA! but then I remember that how much you guys are helping our mod to show numbers and participation and I relax :p

Anyways, its best to have at least one tabbot on your server while it is not rping. that usually brings someone in and eventually others join as they do with my server. Anyways, have fun and don't pester the OJP team about emotes until you come up with a valid non rp reason for having them LOL :p

Heh thanks.

The thing about having open servers for a roleplay server we get a lot of abuse, so some peope may want too rp and others may not so we had lock them. Anyone is welcome too the servers just sign up too our forums and the details are there :)

Anyways, have fun and don't pester the OJP team about emotes until you come up with a valid non rp reason for having them LOL

Mm *thinnks* Well you could add more emotes 'taunting' simply for the fact they are useful as a good weapon for lowering your opponents willpower. I'm not a fan of the default taunts from jka just boring after all these years, maybe ojp could make something different?

Its even a canon part of lightsaber combat..

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dun_M%C3%B6ch

I also don't really require protips, I know how to play and so do a lot of our members. The system of learning OJP is great roleplay training for many because the combat system is fairly complex and hard to get use to. If I look at other mods which are out there like JA+/Movie Battles I still think OJP is the best for roleplay/ffa and w.e

Many roleplayers claimed they were great at OJP / knew how to play.

Of course they were capable, inside their own community. When they went to Jask's server (dead) they would suddenly be on the bottom of the ladder.

I know how roleplay works and many of our communities members know the 'ubering' way of roleplaying and it is highly against our rules. We have force points for each rank' date=' as that rank you are required too roleplay it or you will be asked to change your points or get kicked.[/quote']

Wait, you're required to ROLEPLAY it at that rank. So people are required to play as if they suck at the game if their rank is low?

Thing is someone with 40 skillpoints can still beat the crap out of someone with 150 skillpoints. Many roleplayers disregard the 40 skillpoints players proficiency in the combat system.

Even worse, one time I heard some people wouldn't be promoted in the RP (other server) because their skill + their ''upgraded'' rank would make them too powerful lol.

No no it's even worse, all of their members start off with 250 points. The only diffrence between the ranks is that the higher ranks are allowed to spend more points, which means there's no diffrence in dp.

May I mention the fact that DP recharges so fast on their server, that it takes 3 seconds for 88 dp to fill up from zero? Meaning if any person has an idea of how to parry they won't die in 3 years.

In short, your settings are anti-lulz.

EDIT: Horrible spelling mistake, wrote RP instead of DP

No no it's even worse, all of their members start off with 250 points. The only diffrence between the ranks is that the higher ranks are allowed to spend more points, which means there's no diffrence in rp.

thats only for top ranks, seems too work ok for us bear in mind there not much difference from middle rank too top rank.

Of course they were capable, inside their own community. When they went to Jask's server (dead) they would suddenly be on the bottom of the ladder.

I've been on many ojp servers and had fairly good score 2/3.

Wait, you're required to ROLEPLAY it at that rank. So people are required to play as if they suck at the game if their rank is low?

its rp and our mid-ranks/padawan/apprentice are all pretty much the same. A padawan has the skill to take a master down (if they know how too play)

I just use the default settings that came with the OJP server config. What exactly is a 'good' setting for dodgeregen then?

I really think that this anti-RP sentiment has got to stop. So what if there are more RP servers than FFA servers? It's the number of dedicated people who go to a server that makes the game fun, not how many servers there are (except that for some people the ping would be a whole lot better if the server's located on the same continent). We have a small community as it is, is it really necessary to drive more away?

Monolith:

250 points is way too much. 150 is a bit more reasonable, and it allows for the more RP-like customization that the current XP system is designed for. That way, nobody can really get anything and everything and imposes a very real necessity that people choose wisely. How you as an RP community wants to dole out 150 points is up to you, we should have no say, merely suggestions.

I don't think the default server config was that ridiculous for DP - the default rate is 1000, iirc. I suggest g_saberanimspeed set at 1.0-1.1, g_forceregentime = 250-350 (default of 500 may be too slow), g_dodgeregentime = 1000, and g_mishapregentime = 3000.

Taunts shouldn't be used to affect gameplay, it doesn't bring anything of appreciable value in an FFA setting, which is where we base our development. Features that are good for RP are a beneficial side-effect of that.

• 1 year later...

ENTER THE .:sH!Do:.

First of all, HI EVERYBODY! Long time no login.

Well, I personally want to find out more info on the RP community. Who knows? It might just be fun for some of us who originally started playing OJP with the creators and admins, like I did. I mean heck! I learned how to play properly from Jack Baldy and my buddy Hocks over there(points upward on page). Truthfully though, I've always had at least one toe in the RP side of things, even to the point where I had an apprentice in the sabersystem of OJP(Romario Kabani). So honestly, I believe that 'you can't knock it until you try it' in this case. Anyone see me there?

Oh one more thing. I'm looking to get back into OJP soon. Interests kind of come and go with me like that. Just let me get more comfortable internet access and I'll see you on the servers! BTW, my SW name was Jabari Ronin. Now it's Bari Shido. That's me online.

Later

Archived