Home

Need help with Taina's replacer tool

Quanon

Hey there !

I need some helpfull tips or ideas for this "bug" I encounter when using Taina Replacer.

The steps I followed:

1) Extract headmodel.mdl and .mdx

2) Compile with MDlops 0.6

3) Import the model in to Max

4) Hide all the parts I don't want to edit

5) Edit the model

6) Unhide everything

7)Export

8) Rename the export file : added _new

9) Start Taina Replacer

10) Load the old ascii and the new one

11) start the replacing; select the old mdl and save to a new one

12) start the replacing; select the old mdx and save to new => CRASH

I checked out these older threads for clues:

CLICK

CLICK2

Anyway its the twilek male head model I'm editing, there about 3 versions (green, orange, blue)

I've tested already two of'em, actually I did a short test run where I didn't touch anything of the model and just exported it out again.

I get the crash on the MDX part...

And I'm out of ideas what I could do ?

I get the crash on the MDX part...

And I'm out of ideas what I could do ?

The Taina-MDX crash. I have had that happen before. From what I've heard, its just something weird either with the model or the Replacer.

How many times have you tried it, because if you haven't done it at least 50 times, you aren't trying hard enough. :p

The Taina-MDX crash. I have had that happen before. From what I've heard, its just something weird either with the model or the Replacer.

How many times have you tried it, because if you haven't done it at least 50 times, you aren't trying hard enough. :p

:lol: lets say I did many.

Did you make sure to change the extension from .mdl to .mdx? It doesn't happen automatically afaik, and I spent at least an hour getting very frustrated before I thought to double-check.

Yes, first I forgot about that part aswell. But to no avail, everytime I hit save it just crashes, I'll see what happens when I edit the model in G-Max.

Since I dare to swear that in some odd way Max 9 ****s it up.

IIRC I might have run into this before... argh stupid slow brain...

Make sure you have reset the x-form before you export from gmax - this will definitely cause this error. Also, sometimes whether or not you have converted the skin to trimesh makes a difference.

Thanks for the tip, I didn't use x-form as I was afraid it would actually make more problems.

EDIT: Tested out G-max, didn't change much. It worked OK one time, but couldn't really see the differance in the game on the model.

So I compiled the edited model back to ascii and imported it in G-Max and "oooh boy".

Somehow certain faces went "crazy" and my perspective viewport went bust... well, thats it seems like the Twilek male head models for TSL are not editable...

Somehow certain faces went "crazy" and my perspective viewport went bust... well, thats it seems like the Twilek male head models for TSL are not editable...

Maybe not. Did you get a Sanity Check Error when you tried to export? In some of the things I've edited, I've had some funky results.

I'm going to try and edit a male twilek head, and see if I get the same problems.

Maybe not. Did you get a Sanity Check Error when you tried to export? In some of the things I've edited, I've had some funky results.

I'm going to try and edit a male twilek head, and see if I get the same problems.

Yes I got a Sanity Check thing, I always get that, hasn't been a problem before...

Though if you can get to edit the head model... it must be something I'm doing or this is a rather random bug thing. :(

I was trying to find out why male Twilek head is not editable and decided to check it in MDLOps. It seems that sth's wrong with a few of vertices. Never got any report like that from MDLOps after reading other heads (including female Twilek one that should be constructed the same way. Theoretically...).

Tried to find the vertices MDLOps gave coordinates for, but there weren't were they were suppoused to be :confused: I'm a n00b at the whole modeling thing so maybe it's just my lack of skills? Anyway, wondered if this information would be any helpful for someone who has better knowledge at modelling. At least from what I think, the problem lies in these misplaced vertex

Here's the report from MDLOps:

raportyb3.jpg

Another my problem is a bit different. Since it seems that male Twilek heads are not editable, I wanted to edit female Twilek head (and make her look like a guy of course) but I expierienced a problem when female head was placed on a male body. The head is "askew" a lil bit and she (he?) is looking into a floor.

k200001ec5.jpg

Anyone know how could I fix this?

it looks like you haven't resized the neck

I don't know if the female twilek model has its own anims into it but it might cause some issues.

And if it gets its anims from a supermodel, it will be female's anims...

May be you'd better do your own thing from scratch with a model you know you can edit without any issue of that kind.

I would give it a try but I'm actually to busy, I just can try to remember what I know about the head stuff sorry.

Archived