Home

Anybody played AVS yet?

mh2k8

Anybody here managed to play a bit of The Vampyre Story yet? I wanna hear what you think of it.

I ask because it's not available on my favourite warez site. it's available now but too big to download because of stupid bandwidth limits. it's not available in australia yet :|

And there is no chance I am downloading it right now. None whatsoever.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw some mixed reactions in the comments for the demo... were they unfounded? Or was it just a bad demo?

The only complaints I saw about the demo that weren't related to technical problems (ran fine for me) was Mona's voice, which for my part was infinitely more tolerable in the actual game.

I wouldn't say it's a bad demo so long as you don't delude yourself into thinking it's anything other than just that: a demo.

I just finished AVS. I have to say some nasty bugs have diminished my satisfaction from playing greatly. I wonder about some of them. For example, I can't decide if the random graphical glitches I encountered were caused only by some incompatibility with my own hardware. They were really odd.

There was no big problem for me. :) Yes a few bugs on the book shelf in the castel and so one. On one point Mona speeking english in the german version.

And I could play it again immediately. But this time in english. But now I must play other adventures first!!

So I´m now ready with Mata Hari, too. :)

Sven, did you have to use the stadium backdoor to get to the orchestra song list during your playthrough? Because I experienced a glitch that just magically transported me there at a certain point in the game.

In regard to Mata Hari, I'm very curious how conventional or unconventional its gameplay is for an adventure game. It seemed very reliant on mini-games from descriptions.

Okay, does anybody by any chance have a save game from right after they got into the boathouse? Because I'm fairly sure a bug broke my game. I emptied the perfume bottle then refilled it, and now I need it empty to create a potion, but it won't let me do it again. I suppose I could wait for a patch, but...

Edit: it just occurred to me there should be enough overlap between the saves that something from the arrival at the lab would work too.

Speaking of save files, where exactly is the save game folder?

Anybody else preordered on game.co.uk and is wondering, what is up with the release date being January 2009 ? And does anybody from UK know anything about it?

Play and Amazon have shipped, but GAME are still insisting on next year. Cancel your order and go with one of the other two - they're also cheaper.

However, Amazon appears to be out of stock! :(

Okay, that is actually a pretty good question and I'll tell you that if it weren't for timestamps on files, I wouldn't have figured it out either.

Here's the deal. Go to A Vampyre Story\game\assets\scripts. Yeah, it's a weird place for save files. But sort by date modified and you'll find a section consisting of several sets of three files each. Two are .bmps and one is a .bin. I couldn't possibly tell you how the file names are chosen, but that's the save games. Pick the right one based on the date-stamp, which you should be able to pair up with the datestamp as viewed in the load menu.

Play and Amazon have shipped, but GAME are still insisting on next year. Cancel your order and go with one of the other two - they're also cheaper.

However, Amazon appears to be out of stock! :(

Well, sadly, Amazon doesnt ship video games to my country and Play doesnt shipe anything at all :( I'm counting on sendit.com at the moment :)

Archived