Home

Anybody played AVS yet?

mh2k8

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I know the system requirements say Windows xp/vista but I'm still running 2000, any idea if it'll work in 2000? I've noticed quite a few things that say xp/vista only actually do work in 2000 and others don't. I know the new versions of Adobe Flash, Photoshop, and After Effects wont even install without xp or higher, other things like some games let me know I'm running on dino bones and **** will probably be messed up but don't complain, we told you so. Steam and valve games are like this.

Anyone know? I haven't searched for an answer to this on the net, I thought I'd ask the smart people here first.

Also, anyone know if/when the 60's Batman TV show is coming to DVD?

First post on this forum, and it's good to see there's a proper AVS forum after the one on the AME site died. Anyone knows what's up with the AME website? It's a pity they don't update it any more, as it seems a bit of a missed marketing opportunity to me!

Anyway, what I was replying to:

There was no big problem for me. :) (cut) On one point Mona speeking english in the german version.

Well, I didn't play the German version, but in the English version Froderick at on point uses Mona's line, and then replies as Froderick again. Very strange! :p.

There's a few glitches in the game but it didn't spoil it for me. I've loved every minute of it :). I hadn't even noticed the stadium entry was a glitch.

when I gave the ID card to woman of low moral fiber I was simply transported past the ticket guy, something which puzzled me a little at the time! I haven't gotten access through the back door. Need to play it again I guess. I did have a glitch with the garlic the first time, as when I tried using the boomerang it didn't work with it. Finding the key was the last puzzle for me as I hadn't gotten the horse (but I had everything else).

I thought it was a pity that the demo was one of the final puzzles, as it gave a bit too much away of what was going to happen for me. But hey, maybe I should've been patient and not even played the demo ;)

All in all, a fantastic game and I'm looking forward to number 2!

Ta,

Jacob

First post on this forum, and it's good to see there's a proper AVS forum after the one on the AME site died. Anyone knows what's up with the AME website? It's a pity they don't update it any more, as it seems a bit of a missed marketing opportunity to me!

The AME site isn't really updated, but this one, which is run by Crimson Cow, is (unfortunately, the German-language news section of the site is updated far more often than the English one).

I do visit the AVS site, and do visit the German site as well (I'm glad I know some German :)). They're good sites, but it would be nice to see the main site as well - somehow, I got to know amegames.com quite a few years back. I think they'd just gone live when I had first played "Curse of Monkey Island", and was looking if those cool folks had done any other (new) stuff.

As a (web) designer, I would love to do work with / for them. I think it could be a really cool site, and a while back I think Bill mentioned that they were looking into redoing the original site. But they might have different priorities at the moment though. If you read this Bill, just give me a call! :D

Well, I didn't play the German version, but in the English version Froderick at on point uses Mona's line, and then replies as Froderick again. Very strange! :p.

Lol. in the German version of Dott Zed Edison (in the future) says one line of Laverne. :D

I didn´t play the English version of AVS yet. But I know the voices. Because of the German show Giga. They played a beta version of AVS for the public before the release.

And the German voice of Mona is better.

Archived