Home

Blizzard does not see TOR as a threat

News

VG247 has spoken with Blizzard COO Paul Sams about The Old Republic, and Sams does not see it as a threat to Blizzard’s own MMO.“No, we don’t feel threatened by them,” he explained. “We actually think that having additional players in the market is positive, because it’s going to introduce a broader group of people [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't think Blizzard has anything to worry about. Blizzard makes incredible games, and they have nothing to fear from The Old Republic. They will watch what goes on when TOR is released, and their response will be a Diablo MMO. I think Diablo 3 looks better than TOR graphically and storywise.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I read recently that most successful MMOs have roughly 1-2 million subscribers, and are still around after all these years.

Content is still being developed, and people keep playing. Do those companies want the insanely huge numbers of WoW? Maybe. Can they handle the maintenance behind it? Very doubtful.

Much like TV shows, if they made it past the first season/year, it's successful enough. (unless it's on Fox, and the good ones will be canned by episode 4)

Archived