Home

What are your guys favorite songs?

GwannaSauna

Yeah... um, post a song you like. It can be from any category. There are no limits to how many songs. There is only one rule: there must be a link to it. It can be from anywhere, though (MySpace, YouTube etc.). Here are some of mine:

Thunderstruck by AC/DC:

Click here

Rock N' Roll Train by AC/DC:

Click here

Breaking the Law by Judas Priest:

Holy Wars by Megadeth:

Click here

Hit the Lights by Metallica:

Click here

Those are just a few, of course. Please do not judge my taste in music and I will not judge yours. And I hope this thread does not get removed :xp:

I kind of wish I listened to a more varied library of artists, I have a bunch of artists that I like a lot but I rarely try anything new.

Definitely one of my favorite songs is

by Pink Floyd, it is definitely my favorite song of theirs.

My two favorite artists are David Bowie and Elton John and it's hard to pick favorite songs of theirs.

is definitely one of my favorites for Bowie, and one of my favorite Elton songs is

Some other favorites of mine:

You Know My Name by Chris Cornell

God Knows... by Aya Hirano

Layla by Derek and the Dominoes (performed by Clapton in clip)

One More Time by Daft Punk

Enjoy!

QFE. :D I love that song.

Right now, I've started to listen to Avenged Sevenfold quite a bit more than I have since seeing them live back in the spring. I like most of their songs, but my favourites would have to

, Bat Country, Beast and the Harlot, and

Here are some others from other bands that I like as well.

. They were awesome live.

Straight Out Of Line by Godsmack. Still one of my favourites. Haven't listened to it much recently though.

. Can't wait to see them live. This has to be one of my favs from their newest album.

Re-Education (Through Labour) by Rise Against. Seeing them live too, next month.

Keine Lust by Rammstein. Definitely has to be my favourite video of their's. Can't wait to hear their new album that should be coming out next summer.

What do you think of the Quantum of Solace theme, Another Way to Die? At first I didn't care for it, but it's kind of grown on me.

I don't think it's as bad as everybody says it is. Like when it came out, I listened to quite frequently and listened to it quite often until QoS came out, but I don't think I've listened to it since. :p But, I still think it's a good song. No comparison to You Know My Name, though.

My all-time musical hero is Johnny Cash. Obviously, I'm not going to link to every single song I like - there's over a hundred. Instead, the two biggest highlights of his career.

Ring of Fire

Hurt - I know it's a cover of a NIN song, but it was the perfect end to his career.

And of course, i'm quite fond of Stephen Sondheim -

A Little Priest (the musical version, with Angela Lansbury and George Hearn)

• 4 months later...

I positively *love* Video Game Music. I think it is some of the best composed music ever of the modern times.

In its original CastleVania 2: Simon's Quest for the NES version, probably the most famous--though not the absolute first redition ever made of it, mind you.

Great for short duels and plays of sorts ...I actually choreographed a fencing duel act to this very video's track for my community college's Performing Arts League. Apparently they had a lot of good "talent" up there but the college was looking for some good old fashioned medieval or Shakespeare-esque Hamlet type of play. Lots of the old fashioned violence blood and gore with swashbuckling.

Even other bands in real life liked Bloody Tears so much that they have done songs with this basic melody. 2-pac, a rap band calling themselves something like "the jedi masterz" or something have one with this. Cradle of filth or someone did a rendition, and there is another anonymous but popular heavy metal track of it as well.

Other favorites:

Captain America What doesn't wreak of awesomeness here?

Hidden Character MVC (my theme when I did a backyard wrestling gig as "Keelhaul Kevin")

Anyone familiar with the megaman franchise and on fairly good terms with it knows its music is a strong suit.

Away from VGM tracks:

Hip To Be Square A childhood favorite

QR remake version (my first Air Band act in high school my junior year)

Cum on, Feel the Noize! Slade Original from 1972

Crazy Train (tribute album) Abridged from the cd a bit. (my 2nd and last act for Air Band my senior year)

I've a whole lot more, but off the top of my head right now this is what I can come up with.

• 1 month later...

Just off the top of my head:

Yann Tiersen:

- La Plage

- Le Matin

Eddie Vedder - Society

Pearl Jam - Man of the Hour

Jeff Buckley:

- Grace

- Last Goodbye

- Lover, You Should've Come Over

Elliott Smith - Miss Misery

Folks, I'll be going through this thread probably tomorrow and removing links to songs that have lyrics or graphics that are against the obscenity/bad language rules, or have comments with inappropriate language. This is a PG-13 forum--any songs posted after this post that break the rules will be dealt with accordingly--this is the only warning you'll get, and I really don't want to give out infraction points, so keep it clean please. Thanks.

I like Nazareth--cool for people who like 70s rock.

KISS

The Metalocalypse cartoon

Soilwork: Rejection Role

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Note: @ ~1:24 he makes a hand gesture but it is intentionally blackened out area in that area for the purposes of remaining in the PG-13 zone for TV viewing.

Hotwire: Hands on you

(it was on ozzfest 2003 sampler)

I can't link to any of these ones or Jae will stick me with pro-am open tournament darts but these are for those black or death metal days you just feel like thrashing about:

Nothingface: Murder is Masturbation

Motograter

Cradle of filth--until the lead singer sort of sold out

Deicide

Cannibal Corpse

Slipknot--used to...not so sure anymore after the band has had problems

Vile Preaching

Mind you I don't actually listen to this for its lyrics or to worship the devil--those days are over and I'm done being a fool on purpose. Not to mention it ain't good when your landlord is *so* scared of you that he can't wait until you leave.

On extremely weird days I listen to ICP

And let us not forget the epic that is rockman (dual meanings pun intended)

MegaManX 1

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Show spoiler
Spark Mandrill

Storm Eagle

Show spoiler

Launch Octopus

Show spoiler

Note: I actually tried pulling off the bass line once. I never got to be very good, though.

Revolution- SOJA

Jammin- Bob Marley

Zion Triad- John Brown's Body

Heart Like a Lion- Rebelution

Lay Your Hands on Me- Bon Jovi

...just a few....

Oh yeah, Reggae for the soul.

Jammin- Bob Marley

Murderah- Gomba Jahbari

Bigger than Bigger- Gomba Jahbari

Pigs- Pink Floyd

The Doors- Waiting for the Sun

For the Wolves- Gabriel Rios

Oh yeah, Reggae for the soul.

Jammin- Bob Marley

Murderah- Gomba Jahbari

Bigger than Bigger- Gomba Jahbari

Pigs- Pink Floyd

The Doors- Waiting for the Sun

For the Wolves- Gabriel Rios

Word brotha, 10 Ft. Ganja Plant is a good band too. You should check them out.

Archived