Home

Anakin TCW - JKA [WIP]

Darth - Vorus

Thanks! I hope that some of you could help me to clean up/improve the mesh, some parts are still mirrorred and not attached toghether, maybe fix some proportions and save some tris here and there, I didn't know how to skin, so I'll need help on that.

I'm planning to make it a model pack, with options for torso who includes the exposed mechanical arm, robed and unrobed; a nude torso with the blue tatoos from the nelvian warriors from the cartoon series when Anakin lost the firs mechanical arm; a variante of the lastone with the mechanical arm destroyed; a semiburned robe with the mechanical arm destroyed, and heads with the 3danimated series look and one with a photorealistic look; maybe could include one with wet hair as in the cartoon battle vs ventress on Yavin IV, so... who wants the mesh? lol

Looks pretty good in general, of course everyone has their own style when it comes to polyflow, i would have made a few things different i'm sure but overall it's nice work.

-The elbow needs loops at the back to lock the mesh in place when it bends, if not it will look like a bent straw when moving.

-The cloth at the front should have at minimum 1 loop in the center (and maybe 3 at the bottom) so it has a nice radial spread when pulled by the legs.

-I dont get why the belt has some kind of pinching in the middle (at the front and back...) i'd make it ---- instead of \/

The most important thing to check on a real time character is the silhouette. and before you ask:"A silhouette is a view of an object or scene consisting of the outline and a featureless interior, with the silhouetted object usually being black."

This means apply a fully black material to the model (100% self illuminated) and look at it from all angles, you will quickly see how boxy some of the contours are, the idea is to make the contour softer by adding single cuts to make the boxy area look better...only local cuts, dont get crazy and start looping stuff all the way around! ;)

Here's an exemple, you'll see some areas could still be rounder but i kept the budget around 1500 tris:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/lnkz/silhouette.jpg

3016 is very acceptable for JA (in fact it's the standard), i've broken the 8k barrier on some experimental models so no need to worry about optimizing more, plus the processing power we have now doesnt have a problem handling higher res meshes.

I think you should add the belt as a separate piece of geometry, simply create a cylinder and position it where it should go. Open geometry is fine in the engine.

Be careful not to remove too much geo on the cloth near his legs, one thing that works well for this is to match the underlying geometry to make sure the cloth will behave and follow the movement like the hips.

I dunno if the boots are based on a real design but they feel kind of goofy, the bottom part, make sure you get good reference and tweak accordingly.

Ok, I'll attach those half parts of the face, reduce the eye polygon, that I remebered that had some unused polygons, improve the shoulderpads that have some silhuoete problems in the black mate view, attach the neck to the head for shape refines and take a look on the boots, who were designed based on the screenshoots of the character and some view from the cartoon series.

The hands were modeled using the original ones as reference, so I supose that fit well (hope so). then I'll come back

thnks for the advices

I think I'v finished the model, including a mechanical arm as variation selectable from the customizable character menu, no robes, as it's my first jka model and wana release as soon as posible, lol.

A friend will help me with the UVmap and rough skin, so when I got that you want to improve this model you are welcome, here is a preview:

JKA-AnakinTCW.jpg

Is there any other JKA forum with more afluence of visitors? :D

• 1 year later...

Wow, Im' back from a long time away, and not from a far, far galaxy...

I was wondering if someone wants to finish this model, I have de 3dmax file, withput uvmap ('cos I´m lazy and never learned, even when you can find cool plugins to do it from the web); I remember somene already heighned it, or whathever its said, but I can't remember who to post my greetings by doing that, so, any volunteer?

You can also find this thread on the filefront forums listed above

Archived