Home

TOR wish-list

Jae Onasi

Errr, they have said their will be NPC's that will travel with you... so their will be groups, i jsut ask you can use all of them instead of two at a time. this is not impossable.

You could be penalized and demoted in an mmo... so being 'cut' fro mthe force is logical.

more felxible character faces/race types is not persistant with mmos? seeing as i made a dierect coralation with galaxies....

Gaining a padawan would be appart of the NPCs you could pick up, i would just like them to be actual padawans and not grown adults you pick off the street corners.

galaxies had ships, so obviously that wasent a sp request.\

better animation and forms is sp? half of what i stated was allready above.

;)

they have said their will be NPC's that will travel with you... so their will be groups, i jsut ask you can use all of them instead of two at a time. this is not impossable.

From what little we've been told, it looks as if we'll only have one party member at all, never mind in the active party at the same time. Just imagine the super-lag of hundreds of people in one place with multiple unique characters each...Still, it would have been a nice idea!

You could be penalized and demoted in an mmo... so being 'cut' fro mthe force is logical.

Ugh...I hate thoe type of things about MMOs - and something like that would be a horrible way to 'punish' a player for something in-game below outright rule-breaking.

more felxible character faces/race types

Absolutely - can't have a thousand players looking exactly the same now. can we? :D

Gaining a padawan would be appart of the NPCs you could pick up, i would just like them to be actual padawans and not grown adults you pick off the street corners.

Yeah, this would have been interesting. I can see though how it might be better suited for the slower pace of a SPRPG. But, maybe BioWare will have some padawan element, but it is seems likely that it would be the same as in TSL - get someone already good in combat, discover link to force, train.

galaxies had ships, so obviously that wasent a sp request.\

Good lord I sincerely hope they allow individual ships - if we have to go between planets by transport hulk, it's gonna suck the fun right out of travelling. :(

Well, there are a few things I'd like to see:

1. A direct connection with the other games

- Even if this is just to appease the fans of the two previous games, it would be nice to have an active relationship with them. Mention the actions you did in KoToR and TSL frequently. I'd like to know if I had an impact or not = P

2. Don't make PvP so vital!

- I don't want to have to go halfway across the world to do a mission and get slain by some power hungry player just because I had to cross 4 different PvP areas to get there. I enjoy PvE in travel areas and PvP in designated areas outside of those areas (Maybe like a dead end area or instanced areas.)

3. Jedi and Sith = The Other Classes

-"Oh look, I'm a droid and I just got cut in two by a Jedi, how fun."

I understand class pro's and con's (I.E. Droids are weak to lightsabers but strong to blasterfire) but atleast try to make them all even. I'd also like variety! More classes means more to do!

4. Either multiple classes obtainable per character or no extra charge for new characters.

- I'd love to be able to be a Corellian smuggler and a Sith, but that doesn't seem to fit into the Star Wars universe well lol. Free extra characters would free that up, but then you have to re-do quests on these new characters, so that is the downside.

5. Updates Updates Updates!

- Please give frequent updates! New content and expansion packs would be very welcome I would imagine.

6. A different style of MMO

- I don't want a cookie cutter MMO from this. I want a new star wars experience that will enthrall me and play at my heart strings. I want to get my adrenaline pumping AND have a sentimental moment with my friends. Don't just pack it full of action and leave the important things out, if a character dies and I was close to him in the story, I want to feel the heart break!!!

7. Last but not least..

-OPEN BETA!!! There's a reason I check TOR's website daily, please let me and everyone else here have a chace to beta test the game!

From what little we've been told, it looks as if we'll only have one party member at all, never mind in the active party at the same time. Just imagine the super-lag of hundreds of people in one place with multiple unique characters each...Still, it would have been a nice idea!

Yeah, this would have been interesting. I can see though how it might be better suited for the slower pace of a SPRPG. But, maybe BioWare will have some padawan element, but it is seems likely that it would be the same as in TSL - get someone already good in combat, discover link to force, train.

Yes, so ive read after reading your post, it is restricted to one npc at a time. i highly disagree with this since if they are indeed going to create specific roles such as the soldiers i believe it should simulate a squad, not just a duo.

i would be most dissatisfied if they didnt have a padawan role, raving grown characters that are 'connected' and just gain jedi status on a whim is tacky. it should be done the right way, imho.

Well I haven't spoke up for a while but my vote is for customizable aka modable user interface. What can I say modder for life. Also fully customizable colors and styles for your clothing nothing worse than running around and seeing 50 other players wearing the exact same thing. I need a sense of uniqueness.

Well I haven't spoke up for a while but my vote is for customizable aka modable user interface. What can I say modder for life. Also fully customizable colors and styles for your clothing nothing worse than running around and seeing 50 other players wearing the exact same thing. I need a sense of uniqueness.
I'm definitely hoping and expect there will be UI mods, I know some people were asking for client-side mods, I don't think that's as likely. And I know what you mean about the outfits, I actually found my clone once in WoW.

I'm definitely hoping and expect there will be UI mods, I know some people were asking for client-side mods, I don't think that's as likely. And I know what you mean about the outfits, I actually found my clone once in WoW.

Just once? I walk in to Org and frequently see the same 30 Orc DK's with the exact same gear and they are all lvl 80. The only thing different is the name. It makes a hunter sick. :p

+1

i also would like to add that tatoo's will be exspansive, from minor tats, to full body tats. and overlaying tats.

1. A game that doesn't feel like WoW.

2. An old Republic that doesn't look like the new one.

3. A Korriban that doesn't look like ancient Egypt.

4. Jedi Robes. I hate armors on a Jedi.

5. No ****ing clone troopers. I'm sick of them.

6. Good voice acting. It's essential if I am to care for a character.

7. Atmosphere. The kind that the KotOR games delivered.

8. The ability to play through the whole game without having to deal with online kids jerking around and spoiling the game's atmosphere.

9. Indeed it would be best if the MMO part could be limited to battles and no one could speak during it.

1. A game that doesn't feel like WoW.

Depending on what you feel not feeling like WOW is. The plan is to have a 4th pillar of story to the game. But most likely if you have as rigid a desire of some of your below wishes then you will likely be dissapointed.

2. An old Republic that doesn't look like the new one.

Well that might be hard because again this is your perception. In a lot of ways Kotor felt like the episode 1 republic. Why because as part of SW Lore the republic had stagnated for thousands of years.

3. A Korriban that doesn't look like ancient Egypt.

Not going to happen. It has pretty well been established in a variety of SW games and resources that Korriban is a barren desert planet with a variety of sith tombs that all have a pyramid shape. I would be greatly disapointed if they decided to complete re-write these pre-defined images.

4. Jedi Robes. I hate armors on a Jedi.

Then don't wear armor as once again it won't happen. Not to mention my Jedi will be wearing armor nuch like is seen in the artwork for the game.

5. No ****ing clone troopers. I'm sick of them.

There aren't any I know of but you will likely see sith soldiers like we did in K1 & K2.

6. Good voice acting. It's essential if I am to care for a character.

This has not been a strong suit for MMO's so depends on there plans relating to there 4th pillar philosophy. However I wouldn't put much hope into it.

7. Atmosphere. The kind that the KotOR games delivered.

The screenshots alone have alreaady provided this for us so win 1.

8. The ability to play through the whole game without having to deal with online.

LOL, It is sad to say but since it is an MMO you won't ever see this. Not as mainstream as this will be.

9. Indeed it would be best if the MMO part could be limited to battles and no one could speak during it.

Also won't happen. There is too much complexity to try to work out these type's of mechanics and no real game. It would actually break the basic structure of an MMO.

I already know. I was just venting my frustration. Sorry. Those were my hopes for the game though, even before I saw the screencaps.

1. Those high ceilings and the overall appearance of those locations, and the models'animation feel just like WoW.

2. Sith Empire warships and overall design… it's like watching the Clone Wars.

3. Those pyramids on Korriban. Why don't they just start calling the Dark Lords pharaohs? Maybe I'm being too hard on them but it just seems so lame.

4. TSL robes were awesome, they looked more like those from the movies, so why change that.

5. Those Sith soldiers look exactly like the clone troopers.

6. I have a feeling that at least with this point they will come through. They said they wanted to make the best story-driven games ever.

7. I loathe that glossy graphics, but maybe it won't ruin the atmosphere.

8. I know it's impossible. I can hear them jerking around shouting "you lamer… you f**… those ninja bla bla bla (=pound me with Force Lightning)"

9. That would be awesome. Maybe there's hope for that.

I would add:

1) a skill tree that is so large it is not possible to complete it, where a character can improve a skill OR gain a new one, but there is no way to get them all. I prefer 'Diablo''s skill trees to Wow's. The purpose is to ensure no two characters are the same. These differences would include craft skills, weapon skills and force skills; in short all skills.

2) a variable height chosen randomly by race, and a muscle/build chosen by strength - so every character's body will not look EXACTLY the same (with a different head). Not everyone wants to play sterotypical musclebound or (shall we say) "over-endowed" characters. Some of us would like to replicate the movie...or at least be half way realistic. The developers could draw on 'Age of Conan's character generator if they need an example. Though KotOR's could be much simpler.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that I've been fearing ever since the world of Tython was revealed to be featured in the game: I hope that what the game reveals about the origins of the Jedi Order remain relatively vague and not too defined. The reason for this is that I am currently working on a story about this very event which I hope to present to Lucas Publishing once I've made a name for myself as a fantasy and science fiction writer and make it known that I am an avid Star Wars follower and have always wished to write for the franchise. (This is the best way to go about it since they have a strict invite-only policy. Another strategy would be to possibly get noticed through Dark Horse Comics.)

"The Making of Tython" documentary has made me even more paranoid because the designer said that the player could uncover information about the infant Jedi Order, which I pray to God does not conflict with, or completely rip to pieces, what I am currently writing.

The way they're designing Tython has already caused a huge continuity error in my story, which I will later have to go back and fix or work around: in Darth Bane: Rule of Two, the planet is completely enveloped in thick fog.

So yes, that is my one wish regarding this game: not too much info on the first Jedi. There will probably be more later, but that is all I can think of at the moment.

I also wholeheartedly agree with these ideas:

8. The ability to play through the whole game without having to deal with online kids jerking around and spoiling the game's atmosphere.

Archived