Home

Mirror's Edge

MrWally

So I got to play Mirror's Edge at a friend's house today and I must say that it was absolutely fantastic.

From the opening cinematic showcasing the brilliant art style transitioning into the fast-paced tutorial (no slow waiting for dialogue or info screens) and finally into the brilliant use of first-person free running and parkour. . . . I was very impressed.

The music was fantastic as well. It completely fit the mood and feel of what little of the game I got to play and watch.

So I was wondering, has anyone else here given it a shot? I've been wishing I had a 360 for a while now, but alas I don't and can't buy Mirror's Edge, but it should come out for PC, so hopefully I'll be okay.

o_O The graphics are good but I don't think I'll buy it... I just don't enjoy playing as a girl... :xp:

Are you serious...?

Mirror's Edge. Beyond Good and Evil. Tombraider. Portal. Jade Empire. Perfect Dark. Silent Hill 3. Ms Pac-Man.

I pity you.

Wally, pretty sure a PC version is coming out in early 09.

I think the game looks really cool, but no way a 5 or 6 hour game according to IGN's review is worth $60. Probably a good idea that most of you are renting or waiting for a price drop.

Fine by me... I just don't like playing as a girl... That's all... :D
And the worst reason I've ever heard for not playing a video game goes to.........

I own Mirror's Edge and I love it. I don't love the story mode, but the race mode is tons of fun, running around and discovering the fastest way across the rooftops. I do not regret my purchase at all.

Wally, pretty sure a PC version is coming out in early 09.

I think the game looks really cool, but no way a 5 or 6 hour game according to IGN's review is worth $60. Probably a good idea that most of you are renting or waiting for a price drop.

Ah, nice. Early 2009 isn't that far away. But the short story is a bummer. Oh well. The friend who showed it to me was playing through the game for his 3rd time, so he didn't seem to mind.

Not to mention No Ones Lives Forever and Metroid. I pity him too.

No idea how I could have forgotten Metroid.

There are plenty of fantastic games with female characters. I can't believe someone wouldn't play them solely for that reason.

It's not like you'll get cooties through the controller.

o_O The graphics are good but I don't think I'll buy it... I just don't enjoy playing as a girl... :xp:

~loses any shread of respect I've ever had for you. + Ignore list's~

Mirror's Edge looks sick, if I get a 360 for Christmas, this'll probably be on of the first games I check out on it...

Kameo, Mysteries of the Sith, Okami (technically), Golden Axe Beast Rider (lol), 1/4 of Left 4 Dead, that one part in RE4, uhh.... uhhh... yeah...

Mysterious lady parts... something that you should fear...

Archived