Home

What do you guys think of the Twilight movie?

twilight_Kim

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Well, the only way to describe it is:

:ugh:

First off, they twist and bend the whole vampire thing more than a crazy bendy straw, for example, if a Vampire goes out in the sunlight, they look like they bathed in glitter.

BULLS***

If a Vampire goes into the sun, that is it, they're dead, bye bye.

The movie is so very bad, and it sickens me that everyone and their mother wants to have Edward Cullen's (right name?) babies, possibly because of the emo vampire thing.

Why love vampires? They suck human blood and kill people for gods sake!

All I want to know after this movie is how this:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
portret_of_vlad_the_impaler_2.jpg

turned into this:

Show spoiler
edward%20cullen.jpg

All I want to know after this movie is how this:

Show spoiler
portret_of_vlad_the_impaler_2.jpg

turned into this:

Show spoiler
edward%20cullen.jpg

Not for me.

As for the movie: Pure teenage soap opera, where the name vampire is ruined.

Advice for all the fangirls (and boys :ugh:):

Go see Nosferatu or Dracula. Better, read Dracula.

EDIT:luanova.jpg

blade-twilight.jpg

I don't think zombies have the capacity to be in abusive relationships.

Agreed, normally that would be the case according to how horror fiction use to be written. Once upon a time, most of these monsters were just blood-sucking, brain-eating, flesh-ripping ghoulish fiends with about as much emotion as an animal would have in the wilds; mostly lust and fear. Even the old vampire was out for a meal and not really interested in a long term relationship with it's pray. The little love drama that he would fake with his female pray was just a ruse to suck the life out of her, or blood as it eventually became evident, in the old media we use read and see.

But now, today's horror fantasy writers have apparently changed the rules, or should I say the evil characters themselves to a loving, life-saving, "Love me and don't leave me, because I want to be yours forever and have your baby" kinda BS monster. So I wouldn't put it past them to write such a comical zombie love triangle in the future, or some other weird crap that makes most people really wanna hurl. :disaprove

Mark my words, they'll do it - the film makers will write something like that because it's the kinda crap that makes money nowdays.

Anyway, just give me movies like Blade, Howling 1,2 and 3 or even the old vampire and wolfman/werewolf movies from the early 20's to the mid 90's and I'll watch that anyday instead of this BS Twilight. At least those old movies were somewhat realistic.

• 6 months later...

The original Dracula is a great book. Like Frankenstein, you get wrapped up in the story and characters, imagining the gothic setting, etc. I guess we'll never get over our obsession with vampires and other creatures of the night...

But yeah, I held off seeing the Twilight movies because everyone I've talked to says they're pure (teen) chick fodder. No offense to folks who fit that demographic, of course. Maybe I'd watch one if there was nothing else on, but otherwise I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

PS: The first Blade was awesome, but the sequels were trash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived