Home

Tips for highschool

knight 12167

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always keep on top of your homework, follow The Doctor's advice on friends, study hard, and make sure to learn the social hierarchy in your school.

...and always date grades above, never below.

I'd say always date within a year of yours, and even then you'll get weird looks. I've also never seen a grade 12 and a grade 10 or lower not be an abusive relationship.

Wow so many things i could say but well here are only a few of them,

First off don't smoke pot or cut classes, that "killed" a lot of my friends.

Don't get all consumed with your relationships because if something bad happens it's going to affect your performance in the classroom.

Don't try to be "cool" as has already been said because take it from me I am a bodybuilder and have been in basketball and football since 9th grade and being cool doesn't get you anywhere except to a couple parties and also in trouble with law.

Be a nice guy to everybody and they'll treat you good as well. If you do get bullied I believe you should stand up for yourself and clearly tell them that you don't want any trouble but if they insist and you have to fight physically don't do it on school grounds because then you'll probably get expelled.

Be cool with your teachers because they'll bump your grade up if you have anything like a C+ or B+. Don't procrastinate and have to do everything at the last second.

Make friends that are going to help you and be there for you which goes back to the whole being cool thing. People who are "cool" are usually not the best choice for a friend because high school is full of drama and backstabbing so make good " real" friends.

Also be yourself and don't try to be who your not because that will usually make you end up with the "wrong" crowd.

Lastly just have fun and remember that your a teen and mistakes will be made but its up to you to decide if your going to fix them, so good luck and have fun in High School :)

Post your tips for highschool

(1) Never place your car in neutral thinking its in park, and then walking away from it while it is facing the trackfield. :headbump

(2) Plan during your freshmen year for the senior prank.

(3) Keep in mind that the pal in principal means trouble.

(4) Don't let others convince you that experimentation is bad.

(5) Follow the teacher's instructions.

(6) Don't miss a class.

(7) Remember to look at the bathroom signs; thus, not making the mistake of walking into the wrong room. :blush2:

(8) Remember this quote, "They are not laughing at you, but they are laughing with you."

(9) Don't walk and speak on the cellphone, or you will walk into doors. People will not let it down. :blush2:

(10) Leave all signs of being a geek at home.

(11) Don't hang out with the main cliche. Hang out with the Goths, Metal Heads, and RPG players.

(12) Bringing an apple for the teacher only gets you marked.

(13) Pay attention to deadlines, assignments, and readings.

(14) Don't be afraid to find places in school to hang out with friends. Yearbook room, music room, library, or art room.

(15) Join the band or yearbook.

(16) Remember one last thing, it doesn't last forever. Any type of stress you feel is only beneficial to what happens afterwards. Its all about college and career bound.

(17) Oh yeah, don't drink anything that is yellow.

(11) Don't hang out with the main cliche. Hang out with the Goths, Metal Heads, and RPG players.

Clique ;)

• Have friends in different cliques, not just in one.
  • Trust me, use a planner to write down any homework/assignments that you have and their due dates.
  • Work hard, and do everything the best that you possibly can.
  • Keep papers from your first year (or any year) so that you can compare them to the ones from your last year.
  • Definately have fun--because it is.

THINK before you talk and have some common sense. im an upperclassman and i know this frosh who thinks me and my friends are his friend, but we are testing and training him and my method so far seems to be working. a smack to the head whenever he says something stupid like d*** joke. hes learning that they are not as funny as they were in middle school (does that make me a bad person???)

EDIT1: in my school if you look around for a day, you will realize that we have no bullying. but the longer you look the more you notice the bullying of the future, bullying the mind...its diabolical and i love it!

EDIT2: Drama is insignificant! ive realized a long time ago that all types of drama is insigniicant. i simply does not matter. and it affects me in no way, shape, or form. its awsome (but avoid the life altering stuff like pregnancy lol)

EDIT3: Be chill. dont worry about that bug test/exam. they are mostly overrated anyway. i got an A+ on an algebra 2 exam because i was chill. (the next highest grade was a C+. she was the overly-worried-wheres-my-life-going-i-need-to-study-all-the-time type)

EDIT4: try and understand why ppl are doing what they do and tell them things they would want to hear. it helps with rep.

EDIT5: Dont be a "player". theres this senior who just started going to my school (from another school that totally hates him) and nobody likes him because hes the type who thinks hes the s***, and tries to get with everyone/everything he can. trust me its annoying

There are so many things wrong with that post, whatthehell, that I don't even know where to start contradicting you.

but we are testing and training him and my method so far seems to be working. a smack to the head whenever he says something stupid like d*** joke. hes learning that they are not as funny as they were in middle school (does that make me a bad person???)

A better idea would be to simply tell him they're not funny rather than resort to smacking him. Hitting someone simply because they make bad jokes does indeed push you closer to being a 'bad' person.

EDIT1: in my school if you look around for a day, you will realize that we have no bullying. but the longer you look the more you notice the bullying of the future, bullying the mind...its diabolical and i love it!

What you are doing to that freshman is a form of bullying. Besides, bullying in high school consists mostly of social ostracism, rumour-mongering, theft, and the like. The days of a kid being ambushed in the school yard and having his lunch money stolen are all but gone at this point. And the fact that you find this new form of bullying amusing disturbs me as well, to be honest. This kind of bullying skips the physical part, and goes straight for the psychological damage. It's exceedingly worse than any type of physical bullying could possibly be, and it's not something to be proud of.

EDIT2: Drama is insignificant! ive realized a long time ago that all types of drama is insigniicant. i simply does not matter. and it affects me in no way, shape, or form. its awsome (but avoid the life altering stuff like pregnancy lol)

Dealing with drama is an important part of maturing. It's also not going to go away when you graduate, believe me. I made the mistake of thinking my life would be much less like a soap opera when I graduated, but it really doesn't work that way. Besides, if avoiding the effects of drama includes ignoring friends who are going through a rough patch, denying the existence of your own feelings, or pretending you don't care about people in general, then this is possibly the worse piece of advice you could give.

EDIT3: Be chill. dont worry about that bug test/exam. they are mostly overrated anyway. i got an A+ on an algebra 2 exam because i was chill. (the next highest grade was a C+. she was the overly-worried-wheres-my-life-going-i-need-to-study-all-the-time type)

I don't know exactly what you mean by "chill", but from the looks of it you're telling people that if they don't worry about tests and ignores their homework, they'll still be able to ace the course. It just doesn't work that way. If you were able to do it, good for you, I'm proud. But not everyone is able to coast through courses like algebra or biology without doing some serious work.

EDIT4: try and understand why ppl are doing what they do and tell them things they would want to hear. it helps with rep.

The sheer... I don't even know what to call it, of this suggestions boggles the mind. Tell people what they want to hear so they think better of you? That's twisted. Be who you are, don't pretend to be someone you're not just so people will like you. The very suggestion of doing otherwise is just... no. Understanding people, especially your friends, is one thing, but feeding them lies just so they'll like you better is disgusting. If they don't like you for who you are, then the reputation you'd gain from being something else and lying to people is, a shallow, hollow, and cheap one.

EDIT5: Dont be a "player". theres this senior who just started going to my school (from another school that totally hates him) and nobody likes him because hes the type who thinks hes the s***, and tries to get with everyone/everything he can. trust me its annoying

This is one bit I'll agree with you on completely. If you're a natural flirt, that's one thing, but you have to be respectful of people in it, or they'll quickly come to dislike you.

And look at the divorce rate in North America. :dozey: Dating in high school is a learning experience, however, and shouldn't be dismissed outright. If you have reason for wanting to avoid it, that's your business, but don't just arbitrarily dismiss the idea. I know my high school girlfriend taught me a lot about myself, even if it caused me pain and anxiety in the short term.

Here is a tip I discovered this morning:

When in Chemistry, do NOT knock a tub of magnesium strips of a shelf onto a bunsen burner, as explosions will follow.

Then again, what retard leaves those two things near eachother...

My tip, slightly more applicable to general situations than the above warning, is to not knock anything into a bunsen burner.

Anyway, the only meaningful advice I could give about high school is a quote from Mark Twain:

Never let your schooling interfere with your education

And look at the divorce rate in North America. :dozey: Dating in high school is a learning experience, however, and shouldn't be dismissed outright. If you have reason for wanting to avoid it, that's your business, but don't just arbitrarily dismiss the idea. I know my high school girlfriend taught me a lot about myself, even if it caused me pain and anxiety in the short term.

I think you summarized my thoughts quite nicely - but of course, the divorce rate in America doesn't concern me because I'm not a statistic. When I get married, I know it will be for the right reasons and with the right person.

_EW_

Archived