Home

Exile, Nihilus, and Force Drain (and unrelated) Revan, Bastila, and Battle Meditation

This is a new thread about a topic that spawned from the 'Revan vs Nihilus' thread. I have some questions, but seeing that the said thread is being called to be killed (in a rather 'angry mob-esque' mannner i must say :lol:), it was better for a dedicated thread to be created.

Here is the original post.

Here is a screenshot of the loading message i was talking about:

along with the message i posted about, i have questions about two others as well.

picture.php?albumid=271&pictureid=2340

Legend:

Cyan and Yellow: It seems to imply that Sion, Nihilus, and Traya were Jedi, and that they were drawn to Trayus after the final battle.

Red: It says that Nihilus (and the other two) learned a different technique from Trayus...

Its says that Nihilus learned hunger... from Trayus academy

This is what caused me to believe that that drain of his was a special technique of drain he learned from Trayus. (And it gave him so much power he couldnt stop taking more... which is how he became 'a walking black hole' in the force.)

Red Arrow: The loading message i posted about in the Revan vs Nihilus thread.

Dark Blue Mark: This is unrelated, but it seems to indicate that Revan has Battle Meditation... I didnt know that! If revan could corrupt jedi with his Battle Meditaion powered by Trayus, I wonder what Bastila coulve done..... :eyepop

Cyan and Yellow: It seems to imply that Sion, Nihilus, and Traya were Jedi, and that they were drawn to Trayus after the final battle.

Sion and Traya have both stated that they were in fact Jedi before hand. All 3 were born from Malachor V, in a manner of speaking.

The origins of Nihilus are never stated in the game, because the story remains incomplete. The prevalent theory, backed up by Avellone in an interview, states that Nihilus may be the mirror image of Exile, but one that has lost all identity as a being.

Red: It says that Nihilus (and the other two) learned a different technique from Trayus...

Its says that Nihilus learned hunger... from Trayus academy

This is what caused me to believe that that drain of his was a special technique of drain he learned from Trayus. (And it gave him so much power he couldnt stop taking more... which is how he became 'a walking black hole' in the force.)

To answer questions like this, read this interview:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2558901&posted=1#post2558901

Dark Blue Mark: This is unrelated, but it seems to indicate that Revan has Battle Meditation... I didnt know that! If revan could corrupt jedi with his Battle Meditaion powered by Trayus, I wonder what Bastila coulve done..... :eyepop

Bastila was gifted with an advanced form of Battle Meditation. This skill, however, is one that has shown itself in many parts of the EU.

This thread is much better than the Revan vs. Nihilus thread anyways yah Bastila's form of Battle Meditation was extremely powerful because it was fleet/army scale as where someone like Revan or Kreia could only help maybe up to 50 people or so. Nihilus found a technique on Malachor 5 but it corrupted him for its hunger was not part of the technique and could be controlled so it corrupted him if he went on long enough even alone for probably a week he would die, He has to have life around him to live. As where the Exile used the "lightside version" of the form in which it takes power and gives power to the people around her. Nihilus was a black hole in the force as where the Exile was a Echo of the force. Now I am not sure if the Exile ever used the same exact technique as Nihilus in which case she would win against Revan but if she cant use the technique you cannot know who would win. But lets not turn this into Revan vs. The Exile thread. Sion's power too was only coruption that controlled it not him. His hatred and dark alignment kept him living just he had no true control over it. In order to give up he had to give up the force not the power. It is like a parasite in another organism if the organism is attacked the parasite will feel threatened and "help" the organism so it too will be safe. Make sense?

True_Avery said it all...but I'd like to give you some new facts as well:

Cyan and Yellow:

According to current cannon, Revan knew about the corrupting power of the Academy. Forcing his allies to fight there, starting the Shadow generator, every single person was offered a choice: Embrace the corruption and live, or die.

The Exile chose the middle path...and you see the taint on Bao-Dur, his nightmares (and his sacrifice/suiicide? in cut content).

So all who fought there were introduced to the dark side. Just look at it as an extreme form of shellshock. Some live with the horror and change (not for the better) and some die...

Red

Of course...there is an Ancient centre of power there. These 3 Jedi were corrupted and traumatised beyond...living. You need something to hang on too. Like Revan said in his holocron (Bane novel). It's actually very clear:

"The dark side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must seek power above all else, with no reservation or hesitation."

""The Force will change you. It will transform you. Some fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi are focused on fighting and controlling this transformation. That is why those who serve the light are limited in what they accomplish. True power can come only to those who embrace the transformation. There can be no compromise."

""Those who accept the power of the dark side must also accept the challenge of holding on to it. By its very nature the dark side invites rivalry and strife. This is the greatest strength of the Sith: it culls the weak from our order. Yet this rivalry can also be our greatest weakness."

These 3 things: Three traumatised ex-Jedi. Given a new purpose to live for. Only mistake they made was working together...

It also shows Revan knew about the limitations of the Dark side. And suspected Malak's attack.

Blue

There's battle meditation, and using the Force to see strategic paterns. Bastilla influenced the entire fleet. Revan used the Force to help plan attacks. The Sith didn't stop fighting or last the fighting when Revan was bested in battle, an effect that Bastilla did have (and Palpatine had).

• 5 months later...

From memory the first appearance of Battle Meditation was in Dark Force Rising. The subsequent RPG sourcebook of the same title had it and Doppleganger which let a Force user create a clone of himself any distance away with half his skill scores.

These two powers turned Palpatine from dangerous dark sider into full blown supernatural evil in our game. He seemingly couldn't be killed, and his elite troops were very elite whenever he decided. If he had any personal information about an individual, he never failed to make the difficulty scores for locating them using his Farsight ability. He could sit back in Corscant watching the characters becoming a thorn in his side, and suddenly make the local Stormtrooper detachment turn into ultra-elite commandos with Battle Meditation...or send a clone of himself to the regional fleet commander and requisition it to do the job himself.

Mostly it was a matter of never becoming enough of a threat to warrant Palpatine's personal attention, try not to let the Imperials report your real identity into their databases and hopefully the Big P would always be more concerned with more pressing matters. Our characters started having severe problems when we trained as Jedi and started killing off his Emissaries, Advisors and rudimentary apprentices, captured Star Destroyers, led an assault on one of his shipyards, etc.

Our game got very high level. In one fleet battle we were rolling up to fifty d6 per exchange. Roughly an hour game time took the entire weekend, some 30 capital warships and a couple of hundred starfighter scale, plus boarding actions and Jedi combats were involved. It was actually very much like the Battle of Coruscant in Ep3 which totally blew me away when I first saw that.

Archived