Home

Grim Fandango-Animated movie?!

beyondlogic

A game with an amazing story line,mind-blowing characters and Beautifully structured Dialogues.And yeah,not to forget to mention the music too!

Okay,now coming to the point.We(me and my friends) as a set of Animators,have decided to make a NON-COMMERCIAL movie based on the Game series,GRIM FANDANGO.We have only DECIDED,not yet started.If at all we start on this project,This movie will obviously be an animated version,and we are on the look-out for efficient texturing/lighting/modeling artists.The movie making process might take months/years,depending on the available resources.Even though we could re-use resources like sound,dialogues,etc,we might need the help of people who can really sound or imitate the characters' voices.

and by NON-COMMERCIAL,we mean,we WILL NOT commercialize/make money using this movie.This is an independent project,undertaken by the fans of the age-old,yet inspiring game,GRIM FANDANGO.This is just a very rough idea,(we) are not sure about the extent of this implication.

The only thing that I would like to ask is,will it be of any legal/copyright infringement,even if the movie is Non-Commercial?

After all,Its entertainment just for our fans,right?

Never mind guys,I have got my question answered,here(in the main Lucas Arts Forum):

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=136303

Ok,so,Lets start on with the movie!

Now I want some volunteers to help us out,like if you're good at sketch or dubbing any characters' voices,I think you guys could give us a hand...Wish me good luck,guys..I'm starting off,now!

I'm not a artist by any means but do work in the DVD/Blu-ray industry. If you need any help once complete please let me know if I can be of assistance. I could help with compression and authoring.

Thanks jagjedi,I own a blu-ray laptop...So,definitely I think I'd be needing your hand[in the authoring process]..thanks..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. I had actually been thinking about a project like this myself for a looong time:)

Anyway, I have the tools set up to dump all the cutscenes directly to png and wavs, losslessly, if that might be of any assistance whatsoever;)

And I'm a sound engineer if that is needed.

Drop me a PM if this sounds interesting.

EDIT; AND I have very good knowledge of the game and it's inner workings, if that counts for anything.

Hi. I had actually been thinking about a project like this myself for a looong time:)

Anyway, I have the tools set up to dump all the cutscenes directly to png and wavs, losslessly, if that might be of any assistance whatsoever;)

And I'm a sound engineer if that is needed.

Drop me a PM if this sounds interesting.

EDIT; AND I have very good knowledge of the game and it's inner workings, if that counts for anything.

Yeah,sure....My pleasure to have a techie like you...Actually speaking,the rendered output of the film will contain no audio data,it requires that we add audio seperately (after editing the video)...So all this means,I will need your help..and I think it would drastically reduce the time needed to make the movie...I will send you the cutscenes one by one as and when they are rendered and you could perhaps add some audio to it....We will work on this together,very soon,perhaps after my Grim Fandango Blog is done.

And..

I would like to thank Each and Every member who posted here personally...that includes JagJedi, Caedeus Erkter, the late D. Hurley, Thaatiba and Jona.

A big Thank you goes out to ALL my well-wishers.

Good Day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I see this post is from 2008. I suppose this project has went by the wayside. Not suprising, most indie films are never completed. I'm posting here because I actually do have a indie Grim Fandango film started. But one man cannot do it alone. I require help.

The software I will be using is Animation Master, Photoshop, and After Effects. I need prop modelers. Set modelers. Texture artists. Riggers. Lighters. Choreographers. Sound Editors. I do a little of each but primarily animate and model.

I could also use a person to convert the story into a working script. Any takers just hit me up here on the boards.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived