Home

Why 'MMO'?

JekRendar

I don't think the forum is named after the actual title. It's just a descriptor for "MMO that takes place in the old republic." (I could be wrong though)

It just so happens that the game is actually called: The Old Republic. I'm not sure why the forum isn't just called that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
why is it a mmo this time not a regular rpg like kotor 1 and 2 why did they go with that? becuase with an mmo you have to pay monthly fees not everyone can do that.

A subscription MMO is great...and I hope this one kicks WoWs butt. I've been a fan of SWG and played for many years.

You can pay for a FULL year or a month or two. And the kiddies can ask their moms to buy a monthly subscription card at the store for them :thmbup1:

MMO is different in that you also interact with other players. As well, there is newly added content/upgrades. The game is constantly always under development.....

Sometimes, there is even dynamic game play, meaning game staff play a live character at selected/specific times. MMO's grow and MMO's typically last a good number of years.....unlike a gm where you can finish in several days.

Until the game dies, the servers shut down, and you won't be able to play the game for the rest of your life.

Most standalone/non-mmo games can be completed in 48 hours....lol then you toss it aside. By the time you're interested in playing it again you can't as it doesn't work on your new operating system.

Not to mention.....you have to wait....sometimes years for the next version of the game.....if it even comes out.

I played SWG for 4 (let me spell that, four...four years).....and many played it even longer. I'm sure, it's the same for WoW as well. It's not the rest of my life...but that's a pretty darn good run compared to any non-mmo game.

An mmo sets the game apart from other types of games. You're in the group...so to say.

Most standalone/non-mmo games can be completed in 48 hours....lol then you toss it aside. By the time you're interested in playing it again you can't as it doesn't work on your new operating system.

Speak for yourself.

Not to mention.....you have to wait....sometimes years for the next version of the game.....if it even comes out.

Next version?

• 4 months later...

Archived