Home

Was anyone else disappointed by TFU?

M@RS

I finally played it today, and I don't see why I was so excited to play it... I played on the Wii and I thought the graphics and game-play, kinda sucked... Now game-play varies between consoles, sooo... Is there any difference in graphics between the Wii and PS3/Xbox 360?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a huge difference in the graphics! The PS3 and Xbox's graphics a a heck of a lot better than the Wii's. Gameplay does differ--I have both the PS2 and Xbox 360 console versions and I honestly like the Xbox 360 one a lot better. Graphics, how you control the character. Great. Trust me, play it on the 360 or PS3 and you will like it a lot more.

However, I am a little bit dissappointed with the game in the sense that I think that it was over-hyped a little bit. I got my hopes up and the game never reached (or got close) to what I originally thought that it would be. It really doesn't have any replay value at all on the PS2/Xbox 360. There is not much customization either. The story was okay, full of twist and suspenseful, but I honestly think that it could be a little bit longer. Cutscenes were great.

Overall, the game was good, it just didn't live up to my expectations. :indif:

Obviously there was a ton of hype surrounding the game and while I was partly disappointed, part of me wasn't because I knew that it wouldn't be as good as they made it out to be, but the other part wanted to think that it would be great (always the optimist for Star Wars). I played it on Wii btw, and even with the duel mode I have not played it since beating the game and playing duel mode once.

I bought this game and played it, and let me tell you I was very upset!

For one it was too short!

Before it was released I read that the game was to cover the course of several years. (yeah right)

Plus it made Vader look like a wuss!!!

I have even read that there is going to be a sequel!

TFU was wasted on ONLY the game consoles and no means to modify the game. There was replay value in Jedi Knight because files could be added, changed, modified. There is almost nothing that can make one run-through any different from the one before, except difficulty levels. The PS2 ended at that, but Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3 had dual mode... a little extra.

Plus it made Vader look like a wuss!!!

So true :(

I have even read that there is going to be a sequel!

I don't think so. The game may have sold well but is geting midicore reviews. Also a lot of SW wans were quite disappointed by TFU so a sequel would sell less. Lucasarts left a big hole in the PC market after relacing the new games only for consoles. If they don't releace a game for pc soon some of the old gamers may lose intrest in SW games at all.

If they don't releace a game for pc soon some of the old gamers may lose intrest in SW games at all.

I highly doubt that. Star Wars is way too big a franchise for many fans to simply "lose interest" because one mediocre game wasn't released for the PC. I'm sure a few fans have already lost some interest, but not enough for LA to get concerned about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hell yeah, I got disappointed. I wasn't expecing for anything good, but the game turned out to be mediocre. Both my PS2 and 360 copies stand still, collecting dust.

The PS2 ended at that, but Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3 had dual mode... a little extra.

FYI, only the Wii got the Duel Mode.

It really doesn't have any replay value at all on the PS2/Xbox 360. There is not much customization either.

A fact that I use to convince myself that I have absolute reason to not like TFU is exactly that. It has no replay value, but so did other similar - but awesome - games, such as God of War or any Devil May Cry. I played them over and over again even if most things stayed the same.

• 2 weeks later...

It was over hyped, but still more disappointing than i thought it would be.

It just gets repetitive really, at least for me anyway, and its more arcadey than i was willing to allow.

And the only real show of DMM is in the prologue, after that theres some doors and some random girders or something in raxus prime

thats about it.

However, i do very much like the story of it, and i think the light side cannon ending is great.

• 4 weeks later...

I have heard a lot of negativity about this game, but one has to wonder..........why? I was excited for the game and when it came out (I have the 360 version) I thought it was great. The only real issue I saw was that the targeter was a bit twitchy in a boss fight, so when you would go to grab something you might not get it on the first try, but that is a minor issue. The thing is, the game is solid from a GAME perspective, I agree with a lot of the comments on here that the game is better than many that have been released.

M@RS: no offense, but just about every game on the Wii has bad graffix. the Wii is basically a Gamecube with motion control. now relax, I'm not starting a fanboy console war. just seemed a little silly to stack up the Wii against 360 and PS3 on graffix. I have a Wii and it is fun to lay, but doesn't feel "next-gen".

anyway, I hope people don't dog on it too much that they don't make another game like this. it doesn't have to be a TFU sequel but the way they have given you the ability to use the force is amazing. Much better than the combat style of KOTOR (awesome scope of a game though) but c'mon TFU makes you feel like you are actually participating in the fight and have a lot of ways of killing your opponents. (I figured out it was easier to throw those jumptoopers into the elevator with me so I could kill him on the ground one on one since they can handle multiple lightning bombs and keep coming back to life) The game offers a lot of flexibility in how to get through waves of fighters, but it seems like a lot of the players want more that NO game is able to really offer just yet. maybe The Old Republic (that bioware game that has been teased) could be KOTOR with TFU combat....freakin sweet!!

and I don't really care about PC that much, I will be honest about that. I used to be, but got tired of having to spend $$$ on new components to run new games, I like to be able to just buy the game, pop it in and play it as it is intended, not have to dumb-down the graffix so it will run on my PC. but that is obviously a total personal opinion.

on a side note,Think about GTA4. Yeah it has way better graphix and pretty good story, but when I bought it, I thought.... OK I'm playing GTA again, big woop. because at this point I had sunk millions of hours into playing GTA3, vice city and san andreas...........and yet it was the game of the year for so many publications and awards, and sold ridiculous amounts. It didn't really do anything new. (same could be said for the Madden games) Now people can like whatever they want, that's cool. but to dog on TFU, I think is a bit misplaced. LA has drastically changed the way you can fight in a star wars game.....and for the better.

Instead of saying the game could be better, be more specific. As in what would you like to see in the sequel.

Alright now, only your hatred can destroy me!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived