Home

Was anyone else disappointed by TFU?

M@RS

...but c'mon TFU makes you feel like you are actually participating in the fight and have a lot of ways of killing your opponents.

Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy really did it better though. I just did not like TFU's gameplay or controls. I'm glad I don't own it. Played a friend's copy.

TFU actually reminded me a lot of the Super Star Wars games. It has similar missions really, and gameplay mechanics in many ways. I'm not really looking for more of that kind of shallow arcade-like play. I greatly preferred the Jedi Knight games to what TFU offers.

Would much rather have seen LucasArts make Imperial Commando. Too bad it would've been more prequel era stuff though.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not one bit. It gave me everything I was expecting: an enjoyable little adventure with fun gameplay, amazing graphics and imaginative and unorthodox functionality. I never expected a phenomenal story akin to the movies themselves, as LucasArts and Lucas Film attempted to make us believe during the marketing process.

I think anyone who played the game with such high expectations were in for a disappointment, really. I had high expectations as far as gameplay went, and they were fulfilled; but as far as the story and characters were concerned, I wasn't expecting much. Thus, I was not disappointed.

very bad graphics

A criticism I have rarely heard of TFU! I am curious as to which console you are using, as I for one was astounded by the next-gen graphics. Last-gen, well, you can only expect so much. PSP, well you must expect awful graphics! :xp:

Finally got around to playing it myself (360 version), it was probably good that I played it around this time, after I heard everyones opinion on this (somewhat) lackluster entry into Star Wars gaming, however, and this doesn't apply to Wii.

Does anyone else think this game could have been a hell of a lot better with the small addition of a crosshair (and slightly better camera)? I'm talking phenomenally better.

I was slightly disappointed with the saber system, but then again, I knew this wasn't a saber focused game, but with the crosshair it would have made utilizing the grip/throw/push so much better.

I can clarify at a later time if needs be.

Does anyone else think this game could have been a hell of a lot better with the small addition of a crosshair (and slightly better camera)?

From an aesthetic standpoint - crosshair=no. However, there is no doubt that the camera could have tried to be the slightest bit more helpful at times...

Aesthetic? Care to elaborate on that note?

I just think it would have been nice to have been able to use a crosshair to specifically choose the targets you launched your attacks at rather then the sort of center the camera (or object) and hope for the best action that seemed to be the way the game worked.

Aesthetic? Care to elaborate on that note?

I just think it would have been nice to have been able to use a crosshair to specifically choose the targets you launched your attacks at rather then the sort of center the camera (or object) and hope for the best action that seemed to be the way the game worked.

That's a fair - and actually quite a good - point you have. Thinking back on it, I rarely managed to pick up the object/person I wanted to. Hmm...

Anyway, by 'aesthetic' I merely meant that I don't really like having a crosshair in the middle of the screen unless it's really necessary for the likes of a shooter. I think it would spoil the 'atmosphere' of the game to some extent. Just a personal choice, at the end of it all. ;)

Ah, see, that's the unfortunate part, this isn't exactly a shooter. I rather prefer to think of it as a showcase for the utilization of (intense degree) force powers, and I find without the ability to specifically direct them, a severe blow is made to the players interactivity with the environment and enemies.

The simple addition of a crosshair would greatly increase the players involvement in this game, and I think would have gone a long way toward allowing a feeling of control in the environments, as it stands it feels kind of like once you've gripped something you've got the proverbial blast shield down and can only hope for a best case scenario. I truly think this would have pushed an otherwise mediocre game (with great presentation) into a rather good game.

All I would have asked beyond this is about three missions as the Emperors Sith Stalker. That would have been solid.

• 1 month later...

I was dissapointed in the fact, at least in the wii version, when you play as a different character you dont get their lightsaber. It's kind of weird running around as darth maul with a single bladed lightsaber, even in duel mode. I was also dissapointed that the lightsaber was only able to be held backwards in the ps3 and 360 versions.

• 1 month later...

When I finished the Game, I was a little disappointed. I played on the Wii and I knew ahead of time the graphics would suck, should have bought the PS3 but the kids wanted the Wii, anyway enough of that, back to the reasons that I was disappointed:

The game was too short and I personally feel they created some huge plot holes.

People who complain about the game being too short should consider the file size of the game. On the Xbox 360, I put all my games on the hard drive for performance and anyway, it still to this day the largest game I've ever installed.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't think it could have gotten much larger than it was which means it couldn't have been as long of game.

I tried it shortly at a friend's house. I was immediatly disappointed. For some reason, the game is cool to look at, but when you get the controller in the hand, it suddenly loses some of its charms.

The story I liked. At least if it was completely true to the comic, which I've read.

It was fun. The PSP version is pretty cool. Kept me busy for a couple of days. And then I beat it and.... I think I did a Luke style "Nooooooooo!" when I saw how it ends. That was a wee bit disappointing yeah. Cool in that it was different.

But...

:(

The story sucked, the game is too easy, the graphics are piece of crap, there's no pc version. That's true opinion. I really waste my money for buying that game. I thought it was good from the title, but it turned out crap. I thought this game is kinda of DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 but SW themed, but it turned out to be Spidey-like game. It doesn't even worth to be played 2 times. One time and I'm already sick of it.

The only good point about the game is the new saber style. Well, it's not very cool, but it's an invention anyway. Overall 1/10, and that 1 point comes from the saber style only.

The story sucked, the game is too easy, the graphics are piece of crap, there's no pc version. That's true opinion. I really waste my money for buying that game. I thought it was good from the title, but it turned out crap. I thought this game is kinda of DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 but SW themed, but it turned out to be Spidey-like game. It doesn't even worth to be played 2 times. One time and I'm already sick of it.

The only good point about the game is the new saber style. Well, it's not very cool, but it's an invention anyway. Overall 1/10, and that 1 point comes from the saber style only.

:¬: Which version of the game did you play? I far from adore the game, but you should give it credit where credit is due. The game won multiple awards for story including a Writer's Guild award for best story in a videogame. And I think the graphics for the 360/PS3 version are on par with most other games this gen. There are no difficulty settings on Wii/PS2, but on 360/PS3 there are 4 different settings, and I thought the Wii version was frustratingly difficult at points so I don't think being too easy is a complaint. Definitely no replayability though, agree there. After playing the Wii version once I didn't even get through the 360 version because while the gameplay was more fun it wasn't enough to make me want to finish.

Archived