Home

PC what about 360?

Fredi

MMO=Massive Multiplayer Online [game]

It is for the PC, and if I am not mistaken, an MMO has never come out for a console...it is for online (internet) use only

...;)

I know that I wisht that it came out on the Xbox 360 as a console game, but unfortunately it is not.

It is for the PC, and if I am not mistaken, an MMO has never come out for a console...it is for online (internet) use only

...;)

I know that I wisht that it came out on the Xbox 360 as a console game, but unfortunately it is not.

FFXI

Now, if you said a QUALITY MMO, I might agree with ya.

As to the initial question: It is a matter of controls. Equipment, multiple actions, and special abilities you start running out of buttons. The amount of thruput can really hurt the performance on a console. You either have to "dumb" down the game, for the PC users, or make the game almost unplayable to the console users. Not to mention without the keyboard you have to make it so that voice is the primary method of talking with others. Consoles are getting closer to PC's, but they are not there yet.

Also there are significant architectural differences between the console and the PC. Significant enough that it would severely impact development time. On top of that every fix that must be added has to endure even greater testing prior to release because it has to ensure that a bug fix on the PC doesn't cause a new bug on the console. Or the console fix doesn't open up an exploit on teh PC version.

Another thing. Not all consoles have a hard drive built in. Adding content could be limited due to what those hard-drive-less consoles are stuck with.

Besides. You got Force Unleashed, We get TOR:D

Just about every current console has online capabilities.

...;)

Actually...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasy_Star_Online

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest_Online_Adventures

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XI

Those aren't the only ones, either.

I know TOR is only for PC, but what I mean is should LucasArts make another game for dose people that don't play PC games and play consoles.
You mean this?

Simply put, since LA decided to simply alienate the PC gamer and create a console-only title, I'd expect some equal attention to computer gamers as well. Although this isn't the form that I, and many others, were exactly hoping for, at least it's some acknowledgment that PC gaming isn't a lost art.

Eurogamer reported on EA's position on the possibility of a console version of TOR the day after the announcement.

Electronic Arts exec Frank Gibeau has confirmed that console versions of Star Wars: The Old Republic and Warhammer Online are "under consideration".

Speaking to Eurogamer at the press event announcing SWTOR for PC, he said, "We're definitely looking at the opportunity to bring the MMO experience to console, without question.

As long as the PC development isn't compromised I'm fine with consoles getting TOR as well. However if BioWare, EA, and LucasArts want to challenge top dog WoW then I think the more prudent course of action would be to focus solely on PC and get that right before opening up a new can of worms with console versions of the game.

Yeah, I'm not sure whether it was a disagreement, or merely a miscommunication between the two but either way they weren't on the same page when those announcements were made.
It's one of the most intriguing things about this game, it's gonna have 2 publishers... sweet 2 useless tech supports!

Archived