Home

Is there any hope of TOR being an online and offline game?

Darth Eclipse

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I don't think they'll bring it to console, if they did though, i bet it would be XBox 360 only and not PS3 or Wii.

Plus MMOs don't work on conosles yet. And Lucasarts hasn't given the PC some love in a few years, they need it.

FFXI plays on the XBox 360 very nicely, except for a few high traffic parts.

All hype bud, forgettable game imo

Yeah, not worth the money I spent on it. Also, I would think that there would be problems connecting Xbox and PC games.

In any case I don't really care, my PC has trouble running WoW, I'll need a new one by the time TOR is out, and I'm sure the Xbox56789342789543 will be out by then too.

^At the cost of PC user enjoying a crippled control system. I think I'll pass.

I'm not as worried about the control system as I am the updates. I mean Mass Effect showed how well controls can be made for PC and Console(though console and PC were not facing off against eachother in PVP, so we can't tell how fair it would be). But updates would be a lot slower if you have to debug for PC and Console. Then you fix something for console, that opens up an exploit on PC, So you fix that, and it opens up an exploit on console, that when you fix it causes a bug on both that now causes the game to run like cold bantha poodoo.

Because the architecture is so different it is a bit like writing a novel in English(proper, or American, doesn't matter) while simultaneously writing it in hieroglyphics.

I think they'd be smart to put it on a console. That way, peolpe with less than standard computers could still enjoy a good graphic capacity. Just a thought.

The great thing about the art style they are using is that it looks flexible between computers, much like WoW.

You can run WoW at full settings and it actually looks pretty decent all things considering, or you can toss the graphics way down and play on an aged system.

If they go along that same line, you shouldn't have to worry about how stable your system is.

What True_Avery means is that you can run WoW on a toaster and Bioware is setting that as their target too.

Well then my computer should do fine. :lol:

That is something that I sort of like about this project - that I will not need IBM's latest supercomputer to run it. But, I don't think I would ever buy a console MMO, for many of the reasons outlined - controls, particularly - but for whatever reason a console, to me, just doesn't seem so suited to the task as a PC. The PC just seems so much more flexible, in my opinion.

Also, I really think they should stick to one or the other - online or offline, and deliver a great game rather than attempting to squeeze in two 'good', average, or mediocre games.

Archived