Home

Darth Title?

Zayne Carrick

But just to be clear: are we talking about the player when he or she falls to the dark side and joins the Sith, or are we talking about the Sith antagonists? Or both? Because I was addressing the latter in my post above.

But I'd rather not see it for the player, either, for the same reasons: you are joining a Sith group that is not in any way connected to the Darth title, which came about from a different group (namely Revan and his followers).

Hmmm... I think all Lords will bear the Darth title, but only the leader will be the Dark Lord of the Sith, the supreme ruler of the Order. Yeah, I think if you reach the level of it, you should get it, and Master on the Light side.

Darth Mother-in-law sounds funny I think. But I think I'm gonna stick with my name: Darth Serion.

Maybe, perhaps, the Darth title might be reserved for the few players that meet specific requirements, i.e., completing certain missions, being strong in the Dark Side, etc.

Perhaps a particularly lengthy and challenging quest? Something that is so hard that it keeps away the casual timewaster known as 'Ibedapwnzor' or 'tehn00b', and will be finished only by the more able players, and long in equal measure.

And yes, I do think that it should be incredibly hard to complete such a quest. Just another way of limiting the tide of Dark Lords.

• 2 weeks later...

In this I'm thinking of the Rule of Two.

It should only be the Emporer and Apprentice that can have the Darth title, as other's have already said.

They are the leaders, and only they should be allowed to have that title.

If you are with the Sith faction then you're just a servant and not worthy of that title unless you are chosen to be the nex apprentice. And in this case, seeing as though its a game, that's not likely to happen, so I think that would be a fairly good idea.

You can have restrictions like certain requirements needed, but in given time, there will be hundreds of Darth's running around because everyone will want to get those requirements.

As I said: Rule of Two. Only the two involved should be allowed to have that title.

Considering this is an army of Sith...

High ranking or very skilled Sith like, say, the player, probably deserve the Darth title.

Dark Lord of the Sith is really the only title that is reserved. Darth, in the large armies, just seems to be a title for an accomplished Sith.

I mean, the Jedi are going to want to be called Jedi Knights, am I right? Darth is basically the equivalent of Knight for the Sith.

So don't get your panties in a bunch over titles. Remember, Sith are one of apparently many classes available. Even if they have a Darth title, I'll still be shooting them down with my Bounty Hunter anyway.

Yeah, I had a feeling it was used before Revan and Malak I just didn't know how long before. just reinforces my point some what ... Its been there for that long. It would be stupid not to implement that into the game, imo.

Well, going back to what I said about the title having been used to death, and how the idea of having Sith with non-Darth names might feel fresh and interesting again, I sincerely hope it's kept to a minimum.

Read Path of Destruction and Rule of Two

I couldn't get through the first 2 pages, I love Drew K for kotOR, but Darth Bane and surrounding New Sith War's, AOTC Palpatine statement retcon was CRAP, so I have little knowledge on him... so not a good Idea to correct people on stuff I dont actually like hehe. touche :)

Well, I guess I just undid everything I said earlier. :(

No, things just get retconned :)

Don't you think it kinda makes Bane's Legacy moot? if everything we thought he the visionary had devised, was now just taken from someone else's Holocron?

Since there is going to be a large Empire of the Sith, and possibly several Sith Lords, what do you think will happen to the Darth Title?

Will it be used by the Emperor only?

Will just a few (preferably the ones on the Dark Council) have them?

Does any one else have an idea?

I'm not sure if its been clearified or not and I don't feel like cross-checking it, but I suspect that it could be around this time that the Sith title is no longer used until Bane rises and establishes the rule of two.

Archived