Home

Dialog File(s) Not working in KOTOR Tool

harIII

My problem is that after I create a dialog file (for K1) and save it the override folder as well as close the dialog window; I can't reopen it without building the file into an ERF file. Otherwise I just get an error saying something about an arithmetic flaw.

Is there anyway I can reopen just by opening the Conversation window and then open the file.

Got me there. Well, if you can use the DLG Editor to make it work and it does not crash the game, then I guess it would be best to just use the DLG Editor. One more question, does this happen with only one file, or with all dialog files that you attempt to open with KT's Conversation Editor?

- Star Admiral

This happens to all dialog files that are outside of KOTOR Tool.

For example, if I make a dialog file and save it to the desktop, close the conversation editor, reopen the conversation editor, and the try to open the dialog file, it will not work. I get the arithmetic error.

If I build the same dialog file into and ERF file, close KOTOR Tool, open it back up locate the module in the ERF section, and open the dialog file from there, it will work.

I can use it sufficiently, I was just curious if I could bring the DLG files back into KT because I like KT's interface better.

KotOR Tool's Dialog Editor only works on KotOR I dialog files only...

You can open any file you have previously extracted with KT, just use the menus at the top... File / Open GFF Files... and browse to the file in question, KT should open up the appropriate editor for the file you open, if not it will open in a GFF Editor.

Archived