Home

So...

gos

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why would they? Schafer is gone...adventure games are dead to the mass market (with only a few quality adventure games coming out)...and Lucasarts hasn't made a good adventure game since Grim Fandango...

Wish they would continue making them...but they are a true business that sticks with business models that favor popular genres and whatnot...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You never know , maybe Tim will join LucasArts to make a full throttle sequel or they may buy the franchise from LucasArts. There are many problems in the creation of FT2. The main one is that Roy Conrad , the voice of Ben , died back in 2002. The second one is that Tim Schafer is not willing to involve himself in a sequel, which is the reason they cancelled Hell On Wheels. Third one is that LucasArts still owns the title , and a little game studio like Double-Fine can't affort a title like Full Throttle , financially. Im sure they can make FT2 , and a good one , but we need involvement of both LucasArts and Tim Schafer (cuz he created FT after all , with Dave Grossman) If they don't want a sequel , we are talking in vain about this topic. As for the voice of Roy , nobody in this world can voice Ben better than him. Too bad he died. RIP Roy. Still i believe that they can use technology in the future maybe , to extract recorded tracks , and make new tracks using his voice from the other tracks. Its hard but not impossible. Still , we are talking about the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Full Throttle wouldn't be the same without Schafer as he brought a lot of attention to detail in the story and made so many memorable characters. I would also agree that since Roy Conrad passed away no one can stand up to voice Ben in the way he did as that role was meant for him and no one else. I'm glad LucasArts made the decision to axe the sequel back in 2003 it wouldn't have gone down well with the fans and would have ruined the legacy that this game has made on the video game industry its best to leave it as it is and give the respects it deserves.

• 1 month later...

I know that this might sound blasphemous, but I think - after having taken a LONG time to think about it - that the only 'proper' FT2 would be one set in the same universe, but focused on a different character with Ben and the Polecats perhaps only making a cameo appearance.

Just my $0.02 thrown on the bar for old times sake.

Archived