Home

[K1] Robes?

nicks66681

Hey everyone, I apologize if there's already some threads reguarding this but, I just finished playing KotOR 2 yesterday, and decided I'd play KotOR 1 today... And, Every time I try to play it, I'm disappointed with their jedi robes.

So, really, what I wanted in KotOR 1, is KotOR 2 robes, or at least Jedi and Dark jedi robes. I realize porting is illeagal, but what if someone made a similar model and texture.

I've tried myself, but I have virtually no skills when it comes to modelling, or well, modding in general.

Thanks for reading, the mod would be an excellent x-mas gift to myself, and others who wanted the same sort of mod.

Well, capes in K1 are possible, but only a few people know how to actually do them. And in the case of SS and the Starched Revan Cape, it's a pre-existing cape, so he didn't have to model it in. Other then the Revan model, there isn't another model in the game with a cape. If you wanted one, you'd (or someone else) have to model it in, and animate it, which, according to SS, is a long and tedious process.

So right now, your stuck with those suggestions.

Couldent you take the cape model off of Darth Revan's robes and copy and past them and merge them to a body model?
Well, you can't exactly do that.

This is the funniest post I've seen. :animelol: Anyways, click here to see the answer (from a related request).

But, the supermodel for the amations would still exist, so you could model it, and assign it to the supermodel to animate.

I had been considering the "Jedi robe problem for a bit of time" - one thought I had, was I could do a skin for this dude;

picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=2382

and make that quite like Jedi Robes - however two problems arise; the head, and if combat animations exist for that shell; neither of which are my department, I'm a skinner/texturer, not a modeller.

When SS releases the Revans robes with flowing cape, I'll be able to have a play with Jedi robes for that model :)

• 4 weeks later...
Yes! That is exactly what I was looking for, or at least something like this.

Assets cannot be ported from one game to the other; so those robes won't be appearing in K1 I'm affraid, any discussion of porting of assets will result in me locking this thread. Unfortunately the only real hope is Sithspectre's fixed cape model when it comes out, and good skins that go along with that in terms of Jedi Robes.

And yes I realise the OP stated that there shouldn't be any porting, I can read thanks! -- j7

Archived