Home

Dash Rendar Resurgence (JA)

Mercenary

This is an enhanced port of my Jedi Outcast project.

You can find information on the original JK2 version here:

http://mercenary.bravehost.com/dash.html

Story:

Dash Rendar has been hired to smuggle weapons to a mining colony planning a hostile takeover from a corrupt commercial organization that has been exploiting them. After the reliable and trusted weapons supplier fails to meet at the rendezvous point, Dash goes on a search for him at the coordinates of where they last made communication.

3rd party assets:

Dash Rendar model: sniper wolf, KMan and Toonces

BlasTech DL-44: Major Clod

Outrider: Rob A. (Adarin)

Here are a few shots to begin with:

resurgenceja1mk6.th.jpg

resurgenceja2gf0.th.jpg

resurgenceja3fu4.th.jpg

Whoa THIS was unexpected. :D

I'll play it through again once I got time!

But maybe you should have used Beasts DL-44 model instead of the aged MajorClod one but my guess is that you haven't even seen the MB2 DL-44 yet.

Thats only a minor cosmetical thing though. ^^

• 4 weeks later...

Everything is pretty much done except for the ROQ videos. 2 ROQ video scenes are complete and ready for a final render, 1 needs a little more work done and the last one needs to be started. It's hard to say when I'll have all the scenes done because they are tricky to make and require lots of trial & error. Not only that, the scenes can take more than half a day to render all the images at 30 frames per second.

When everything is done the project will go through a week or two of beta testing. If there are no major problems you should see this project released in January sometime.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say mercenary,you did a specacular job!from the opening cutscene which was stunning to the gameplay,mind you i also had played the jo version,but this one had more to it,i also found a secret area very cleverly hidden.I guess it goes without saying that i throughly enjoyed this version over the jo version.

The skybox with the plantery rings was beautiful to behold,the 2nd maps imp base is still one of my favorites for the attention to detailand the overall layout,

Thank you so much,for continuing to make sp mods.

would love to know if youll follow resurgence with any other dash levels?

Kudos for another fantastic sp mod!

I have to say mercenary,you did a specacular job!from the opening cutscene which was stunning to the gameplay,mind you i also had played the jo version,but this one had more to it,i also found a secret area very cleverly hidden.I guess it goes without saying that i throughly enjoyed this version over the jo version.

The skybox with the plantery rings was beautiful to behold,the 2nd maps imp base is still one of my favorites for the attention to detailand the overall layout,

Thank you so much,for continuing to make sp mods.

would love to know if youll follow resurgence with any other dash levels?

Kudos for another fantastic sp mod!

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was fun revisiting my first project. I don't expect to make anymore levels but someone can always take over and continue the story.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived