Home

KOTOR 1+2: Vista Fix & Windows 7 Report

Astrotoy7

Awesome! So The drive arrived today and right off the bat the game works after the 1.0b update. Didn't have to replace anything and installed the program in compatibility mode Awesome job Microsoft for windows 7 (not so much for vista).

Here's my specs for anyone who is still troubleshooting

Lenovo x200 intel dual-core with integrated graphics

Windows 7

What solved the problem: Using game disc instead of iso.

Thanks again for keeping this forum updated with suggestions and fixes! Good luck to anyone still having issues.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I have a bit of an issue with KOTOR not playing nice with Windows 7. I had KOTOR installed on the same machine in Vista. It ran it perfectly and at full screen too. But then I installed Windows 7. I eventually got around to installing KOTOR back onto the machine and tried to play it. It will not play KOTOR at full screen. Instead I get a small video box with black boarders all around it--even on 1028x768. It'll go in game and I can play no problem but it's really annoying especially since it played so beautifully in Vista. Is there anything I can do to fix this thing so I don't strain my eyes to play?

BTW: I'm going to try it using XPM later to see if that helps any and I'll edit this accordingly.

COMP SPECS:

ASUS Laptop

Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 2.5 GH

Nvidia GeForce 9600m GS 1 GB dedicated

4 GB RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate x86_64 RETAIL

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, God; they took the links down. :dozey:

From their main page, click on "support for popular titles" and you'll find KotOR 1&2. Then download their diagnostic tool, jump through their stupid hoops and they'll give you a link to the files.

SecuROM. What a bunch of damned control freaks. :roleyess:

Ok, so I install it and run the update thing, and it get's to step 2 (Download available online update), then a message pops up that says "The information was successfully collected and stored in the following file

"C:\AnalysisLog.sr0"

Please Contact Customer Support for forwarding instructions."

Then I try to open the file, but it says 'Windows cannot open the file'

Then I can search for a file off my computer or search for one online. I choose search online, and the internet can't find it. It says the file is unknown.

This sucks!!!! I had it and I had to reset my computer and this happens!!!!

Oh believe me, I won't. I think I might just sock them in the face. Here's the exact email:

Thank you for your e-mail.

This is an automatic generated message. Please do not answer to this e-mail!

Your message for the SecuROM support team:

Subject: KOTOR 2 Vista Update

Game/Program: KOTOR 2

Message: I downloaded the SecuRom Diagnostic Tool and am trying to update KOTOR 2. Can you send me a download link for the update please?

Date, Time: 14.11.2009, 23:59

We will come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team

SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com or http://support.securom.com

Alright, they gave me the download and I tried replacing it, but it won't 'replace' it. It will just stay there. I tried it and it still says 'KOTOR 2 has stopped working'. Do I NEED a new sound msl or whatever file? Or is that not necessary anymore.

Here's the new link. Try it out and see if it works for you guys:

http://download.securom.com/support/001665/swkotor2.zip

It sure does, and thank you. :)

As for the mss32.dll, I thought that Astro said that it wasn't necessary (I just recently installed Windows 7 and haven't tried to install either of the KotORs yet), but I don't think that it would hurt to try using the file that was updated for Vista.

• 2 weeks later...

ive been reading this feed and i am out of options so il just ask. i have windows 7, intel 965 family chpiset, celeron prosesor @ 2 ghz, acording to canyourunit.com and the games self checking sistem i can run this game. i even had vista and lost it over this (long story). i always get the same msgs "game crashes on startup" and simply refuses to run. i have replaced the mss file, i have changed the flipping policey to "blit"on the intel GMA, i have run in compability mode, as well as fallowed all steps in post 1. i am really desprete, this happend while in vista AND in windows 7, yet game runs on my other computer. plz help me out, im so sorry to bump this feed but im disprete (kotor 1 btw)

Read this page from post 205 on. When they give you the link, please post it here.

I'm pretty sure that we can't host that file at a place like FileFront because of legal considerations, and SecuROM keeps changing the links.

ive been reading this feed and i am out of options so il just ask. i have windows 7, intel 965 family chpiset, celeron prosesor @ 2 ghz, acording to canyourunit.com and the games self checking sistem i can run this game. i even had vista and lost it over this (long story). i always get the same msgs "game crashes on startup" and simply refuses to run. i have replaced the mss file, i have changed the flipping policey to "blit"on the intel GMA, i have run in compability mode, as well as fallowed all steps in post 1. i am really desprete, this happend while in vista AND in windows 7, yet game runs on my other computer. plz help me out, im so sorry to bump this feed but im disprete (kotor 1 btw)

I have the same problem "the game crashes on starup" I and put it in XP compatibility mode and only rarely work’s, I have Windows 7 (x64), Amd Phenom II 2.6 and a ATI Radeon HD 4670, what I cant do to solve the problem?? Is Kotor 1 by the way

Archived