Home

KOTOR 1+2: Vista Fix & Windows 7 Report

Astrotoy7

Is there anyone who can tell me that this fix works for Kotor 1 on windows 7 64 bit? I used it one the second one and it works fine so far. But i can not get the first game to work. I get about 5-10 min into the game. (right around the Thermal detornator tutorial) and it just crashes. I followed the instructions and it always happens! So if you have gotten it to work on 64 bit windows 7 help me out!

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jrbeekman i have KOTOR 1 running on windows 7 64 bit ultimate i didn't do anything except install it in compatibility mode for win xp SP2.

It would help us solve your problem if you told us a little about your system and where you got the game for instance off a retail disk, steam or d2d.

It would help even more if you could post a report from the STKotOR configuration utility.

a few things to try uninstall the game use a registry cleaner like ccleaner then reinstall as per post 1 and 2 if you have an nvidia card you could also try the fixes in post 31.

Hey guys, i really need some help.

I wanted to play KotOR 1, but after i install it, this happens:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2n8q5hf.jpg

As you see, the people flying, their heads are at their butts, but everything else is fine. It's really cool, but I liked the way it was. Can anyone help me what to do? I tried everything from the first page, but nothing works. Some info:

Win 7 x86, ATI Xpress 1100, directx 9.0c.

Please make my world a better world. :confused:

Hey guys, i really need some help.

I wanted to play KotOR 1, but after i install it, this happens:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2n8q5hf.jpg

As you see, the people flying, their heads are at their butts, but everything else is fine. It's really cool, but I liked the way it was. Can anyone help me what to do? I tried everything from the first page, but nothing works. Some info:

Win 7 x86, ATI Xpress 1100, directx 9.0c.

Please make my world a better world. :confused:

That's really weird, have you tried reinstalling?

• 2 weeks later...

HI!

I got a loading problem in SWKOTOR2.So while i playing and i save the game then quit from the program and want to play again i loading my saved game and at the quarter it's stoped and never continue.Oh and i got Windows 7 Home Edition.So what can i do?

PLS reply fast ty

Ok, I'm stumped. I've tried following the instructions in the first two posts of this thread, and I still can't play KOTOR II. I get as far as the main menu, but the graphics are glitchy, and the game freezes shortly thereafter.

In answer to the questions that are coming, yes I installed, patched, and ran in compatibility mode with admin privileges. Yes, I have an original CD and I am using the exe from Securom. I did sound and lag fixes, and set the core affinity as well. If it was in the instructions here, I did it (several times, installing and uninstalling - cleaning with CCleaner - in fact). The game still doesn't work.

I even went so far as to set up a dual-boot with XP and install there, which has the same graphics problem, only it freezes my whole system instead of just KOTOR II.

Here is the output from the swconfig report:

[sWKotOR]

ReportDateTime=5/29/2010 9:16:07 PM

SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60

GameExists=1

GameVersion=v2.10.427

GameInstallLocation=C:\Users\Public\Games\KOTOR 2\

[OS]

Name=WinXP

Version=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2

Service Pack=None

Status=Pass

[swapFiles]

?:\pagefile.sys=0

[CPU]

CPUCount=2

CPUSpeed=2211

CPUFamily=15

CPUModel=11

CPUStepping=1

CPUVendor=AMD

CPUName=AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

Status=Pass

[Memory]

RAM=3328

Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]

C: (NTFS), UNICODE=10.20GB

D: (NTFS), UNICODE=25.07GB

F: (NTFS), UNICODE=8.42GB

Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]

DriveLetters=E:\,G:\

Drives=_NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A ATA Device

[Video]

Video Card Name=RDPDD Chained DD

Video Memory=2048

Desktop Resolution=0x0x0

DirectX=DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

OpenGL Version=3.2.0

OpenGL Vendor=NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Renderer=GeForce 8800 GT/PCI/SSE2

NVidia Driver=(null)

Vid Card Status=Warning

Vid Card Driver Status=Fail

GL Status=Pass

DX Status=Pass

[Audio]

Sound Card Name=@oem25.inf,%alcaud.desc%;Realtek AC'97 Audio

Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor2.ini

[Display Options]

FullScreen=1

Disable Movies=0

Disable Intro Movies=0

Sort Modules=1

Width=1600

Height=1200

BitsPerPixels=32

RefreshRate=60

[sound Options]

Number 3D Voices=32

Number 2D Voices=32

2D3D Bias=1.00

Force Software=0

EAX=0

Sound Init=0

Disable Sound=0

[Graphics Options]

EnableHardwareMouse=1

FullScreen=1

Width=1600

Height=1200

Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

<snip Game Options, Keymapping, config, nothing relevant there>

The hardware scan threw a fit about my graphics drivers, which are the latest non-beta release drivers from nvidia (197.45). Any ideas?

Running:

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Athlon 64 X2 4200

4 GB ram (capped at 3.25 due to old MB limitations)

GeForce 8800GT

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

The game is failing to acknowledge your video drivers. Did you install the DirectX update?

Also, what's your desktop resolution? I can't remember if the game really supports 1600x1200 or not. Does your monitor support it, and are your drivers set to support it?

The game is failing to acknowledge your video drivers. Did you install the DirectX update?

Also, what's your desktop resolution? I can't remember if the game really supports 1600x1200 or not. Does your monitor support it, and are your drivers set to support it?

Yes, I installed the directx update. My Desktop resolution is 1920x1200, so the monitor supports 1600x1200 (and 1600x1200 is one of the options in swconfig); the resolution is irrelevant, though, as the game freezes when I try any of the other supported resolutions.

After further digging, I found many claims that KOTOR II has trouble with DX10 cards, though nothing I found indicated a solution.

Yes, I installed the directx update. My Desktop resolution is 1920x1200, so the monitor supports 1600x1200 (and 1600x1200 is one of the options in swconfig); the resolution is irrelevant, though, as the game freezes when I try any of the other supported resolutions.

Running the game now on an nVidia 210 512mb on my XP rig... pretty sure it is a DX10 card, but I could be wrong...

I have found that although my monitor's native resolution is 1680x1050, which gives me a couple options of higher res than what *works best*, 1280x960 is what gives me the least hiccups. Actually... no hiccups :)

After further digging, I found many claims that KOTOR II has trouble with DX10 cards, though nothing I found indicated a solution.

I haven't had a non DX10 card for 3 years.. As per post 1, my initial test/proof was on a DX10 Card :thmbup1: One can dig all over the webs, but the fact is *this* is the alpha and omega for KOTOR on Vista, and we're very lucky to have Q helping us out. Not even obsidian/bioware is as responsive as what you will get here.

Great Work Evil Q!

mtfbwya

It is quite relevant, actually. You need to open your NVIDIA Control Panel and click on "Change resolution". There will be a list of what resolutions your video card drivers presently supports. If 1600x1200 is not listed, then you need to click on the "Add Resolutions" button and check the box beside "Enable resolutions not exposed by the display", then look in "Resolutions" box above and if 1600x1200 is there, check it. If it isn't, then click on the "Create Custom Resolution" button, enter 1600 horizontal and 1200 vertical, test and save. When running at that resolution, you're going to have to configure your 16:10 display to preserve the 4:3 aspect ratio. This is done differently on different display models and some can't do it at all, so you'll have to find out how it is done on your particular monitor either from the owner's manual or by searching the web.

Yes, the Dantooine lag fix is supposed to fix the most common problems that the NVIDIA DX10 cards have had with rendering the KotOR games, but this obviously isn't the problem in your case, since I can tell from your swconfig report that you have already implemented it.

Yes, all of the in-game resolution options are supported by my graphics card. I meant that I tried all resolutions (with the nvidia set to stretch the image to fill the screen, set to preserve the original resolution, and set to preserve the aspect ratio) with the exact same results: I reach the main menu and Scion's image (it is Darth Scion, right? It's been a long time since I last played) is corrupted. Typically, the menu is non-responsive (can't highlight or select buttons), and the game freezes shortly thereafter.

I tried rolling back my nvidia drivers on the XP partition to v 169.something (the first drivers to support the 8800 GT). Swconfig now recognizes the graphics card, but the corruption-freeze issue is still present.

Odd. :confused:

It sounds like a corrupt install or something, but you say that it happened when you installed it to your XP partition as well. And now for the obligatory "Are your disks scratched?"

Just getting that out of the way. My modern rig is going through yet another major hardware change ATM, but I do use NVIDIA cards and I'll be installing TSL in it before too long. I'll see if I experience anything similar. I do know that I have up-to-date NVIDIA drivers on my old P4 and TSL isn't experiencing any problems on it, though it has a 6800GT, which is a DX9 card.

I don't think the disks are scratched - there are no visible scratches anyway. The game installs and runs fine on my brother's system (Athlon 64 with GeForce 7600 GT running Win XP) and installs under Wine on my laptop (Pentium M, GeForce Go 6600 GT running Ubuntu), though I can't play there until I work out some of the kinks in Wine, which is a topic for another forum.

I don't think it is a driver problem specifically, as my bro's system uses the current nvidia drivers as well. I suspect that nvidia made some change over the past year and a half or so to their drivers that breaks whatever KOTOR uses to detect the 8800's specs, but given that the problem persists even when using older drivers I don't think that is the source of the problem. Other games work fine for me, so it doesn't appear that my card is fried either.

• 2 weeks later...

First, many thanks to all those sharing their fixes, especially Astrotoy7 and EvilQ for posts 1 & 2.

Just in case it helps anyone else, here is how I adapted their instructions to get the version of KotOR (1) included in the "Best Of PC" DVD running stably under Vista 64-bit.

1. Install as per Astrotoy7's instructions in post 1, but don't replace mss32.dll (the suggested replacement is byte-for-byte the same as the one on the DVD).
  2. Make a shortcut to swkotor.exe as in post 2 but you shouldn't install the version of swkotor.exe patched by SecuROM (because that version is only for the original four CD release of the game; the version on the DVD has the disk check built into launcher.exe, not into swkotor.exe).
  3. Add "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" to swkotor.ini (as in post 2).
  4. Use the in-game settings to disable soft shadows.
  5. That's it!

Again, thanks for all the help: it's been great to re-discover this classic.

Interesting - the "Best of PC" DVD is perhaps the original source of the mss32.dll fix?

If definitely isn't the same version .dll as the original 4 disc release many of us have :)

Also, please note, June 2010 DirectX Update has just been released. Im not sure how this will affect existing installations, so just be aware that if you do install it, the only rollback is system restore to an earlier period or backup via thir party program like Acronis TrueImage

mtfbwya

I've followed the steps above that were, haven't read the entire thread but my game just seems to crash without any apparent reason, when I create my character and press play, it crashes a bit before halfway, it's just instant a white box comes stopped working and then boom.

Might it be that my peragus file is corrupted or something since it works fine just before it starts to load the very game.

Does anyone have a similar problem?

Running:

4 GB ram

GeForce gtx285

I've followed the steps above that were, haven't read the entire thread but my game just seems to crash without any apparent reason, when I create my character and press play, it crashes a bit before halfway, it's just instant a white box comes stopped working and then boom.

Might it be that my peragus file is corrupted or something since it works fine just before it starts to load the very game.

Does anyone have a similar problem?

Running:

4 GB ram

GeForce gtx285

I am having similar problems too. I followed the instructions listed in the first & second posts very carefully, but I am still having the "KOTOR II has stopped working" crash, right after I start my first character. Generally it gets past the first loading screen after I'm done creating my Jedi, then it crashes.

My specs are similar as well:

Windows Home Premium x64

4GB RAM

i3 Intel processor

Intel HD graphics (I believe that's what it's called? Could also be "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD" -- I'm getting conflicting info between the online specs and what my laptop itself actually calls it. :p)

Managed to run KOTOR 1 just fine, after I turned the grass off. (Graphics weren't the best, but hey, portable KOTOR!) Could anyone help me with this?

EDIT: Hey, I got it working! After switching back to my original .EXE instead of the SecuROM one (I figured -- I've always gotten KOTOR 2 to work without the SecuROM exe, so why not,) I gave it another go.

This time I realized that it doesn't actually crash right after the first loading screen. It crashes when I reflexively try to click past the opening crawl. Anyway, I sat patiently through it instead of clicking this time, and actually managed to get into the game!

So it seems I don't have a problem after all. (Other than sheer impatience.) I'm not sure why skipping a movie (though it is a long-ish movie) would cause my game to crash, but I guess I'll be going carefully from now on...

Thanks anyway, guys. No doubt I'd be having worse problems if I hadn't followed your instructions from the start. :)

Hey, I'm running windows 7. I've gone through the guide step by step about 3 times now and it still crashes after the character creation.

"Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: swkotor2.exe

Application Version: 2.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 00000000

Fault Module Name: swkotor2.exe

Fault Module Version: 2.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000612f

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 7456

Additional Information 2: 745613ab99b452a52bfaab804110fcc1

Additional Information 3: a7a4

Additional Information 4: a7a49e7afa042ce94e1b136fa449b260"

heres my dxdiag:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 6/20/2010, 14:03:13

Machine name: JUDOCHOP

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: IBM

System Model: 2378FVU

BIOS: Phoenix FirstBIOS Notebook Pro Version 2.0 for IBM ThinkPad

Processor: Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.70GHz, ~1.7GHz

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 1022MB RAM

Page File: 918MB used, 1128MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700 Series

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP (0x4E50)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4E50&SUBSYS_05501014&REV_00

Display Memory: 319 MB

Dedicated Memory: 63 MB

Shared Memory: 255 MB

Current Mode: 1400 x 1050 (32 bit) (50Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: unknown

Monitor Id: MS_0000

Native Mode: 1400 x 1050(p) (50.000Hz)

Output Type: Internal

Driver Name: atiumdag.dll,atiumdva.cap,atitmmxx.dll

Driver File Version: 7.14.0010.0630 (English)

Driver Version: 8.561.0.0

DDI Version: 9Ex

Driver Model: WDDM 1.0

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 12/1/2008 21:29:34, 4033536 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-0D10-11CF-D271-5A25A1C2CA35}

Vendor ID: 0x1002

Device ID: 0x4E50

SubSys ID: 0x05501014

Revision ID: 0x0000

Driver Strong Name: oem8.inf:ATI.Mfg:ati2mtag_M10:8.561.0.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_4e50

Rank Of Driver: 00F62001

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C

Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY

{6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY

{3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY

D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported

DXVA-HD: Not Supported

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

Im beyond confused as to what the problem is at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

Posting this would be more informative:

Post your system specs

Sometimes we're just not going to be able to help you if we don't know what kind of hardware you have on your machine. If you don't know what you have on your machine, then follow these steps below:

• Bring up the launcher menu for Kotor 1 or 2.
  • Click on "Configure".
  • Click the "Scan Hardware" button on the lower center of the window.
  • Click "Yes" to continue.
  • Click "Details" to view your system specs.
  • Click "Save Report" and save the file to your desktop.
  • Whenever you post your problem, open the file you just saved and copy and paste the contents to your post.

[sWKotOR]

ReportDateTime=6/21/2010 8:06:20 PM

SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60

GameExists=1

GameVersion=v2.00.424

GameInstallLocation=C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\

[OS]

Name=WinXP

Version=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2

Service Pack=Service Pack 2

Status=Pass

[swapFiles]

?:\pagefile.sys=0

[CPU]

CPUCount=1

CPUSpeed=1698

CPUFamily=6

CPUModel=13

CPUStepping=6

CPUVendor=Intel

CPUName= Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.70GHz

Status=Pass

[Memory]

RAM=1024

Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]

C: (NTFS), UNICODE=15.24GB

Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]

DriveLetters=D:\,E:\,F:\

Drives=MAT****A UJDA755yDVD/CDRW ATA Device

[Video]

Video Card Name=RDPDD Chained DD

Video Memory=512

Desktop Resolution=1400x1050x32 @ 50Hz

DirectX=DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

OpenGL Version=2.1.8304 Release

OpenGL Vendor=ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Renderer=ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700 Series

ATI Driver=6.14.10.6547

Vid Card Status=Pass

Vid Card Driver Status=Pass

GL Status=Pass

DX Status=Pass

[Audio]

Sound Card Name=@oem2.inf,%*wdm_ac97aud.devicedesc%;SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor2.ini

[Display Options]

FullScreen=1

Disable Movies=1

Disable Intro Movies=1

Sort Modules=1

Width=800

Height=600

BitsPerPixels=32

RefreshRate=60

[sound Options]

Music Volume=85

Voiceover Volume=85

Sound Effects Volume=85

Movie Volume=85

Number 3D Voices=16

Number 2D Voices=24

2D3D Bias=0.50

Force Software=1

EAX=0

Sound Init=0

Disable Sound=0

[Graphics Options]

V-Sync=1

Anisotropy=1

Frame Buffer=0

Anti Aliasing=0

Texture Quality=0

Grass=0

Soft Shadows=0

Shadows=0

Brightness=57

RefreshRate=60

Height=600

Width=800

EnableHardwareMouse=1

FullScreen=1

Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

AllowSoftShadows=1

[Game Options]

UnlockedPlanetSongs=1

Enable Tooltips=1

Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000

Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000

Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000

TextureVariation=1

BodyVariation=0

AppearanceType=579

PCGender=0

GameCompleted=0

CurSithLord=0

Hide InGame GUI=0

Use Small Fonts=0

Hide Unequippable=0

Tutorial Popups=1

Subtitles=1

Mini Map=1

Floating Numbers=1

Status Summary=1

Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1

Mouse Sensitivity=53

Difficulty Level=1

Auto Level Up NPCs=0

Mouse Look=1

AutoSave=1

EnableScreenShot=0

Reverse Mouse Buttons=0

Reverse Ingame YAxis=0

Reverse Minigame YAxis=0

Combat Movement=1

TooltipDelay Sec=1

Disable Movies=1

[Keymapping]

Action286B=8

Action286A=7

Action285B=10

Action285A=9

Action284B=54

Action284A=51

Action283B=54

Action283A=51

Action282B=69

Action282A=73

Action281B=53

Action281A=76

Action280B=69

Action280A=73

Action268=52

Action265=58

Action264=57

Action263=43

Action262=85

Action261=84

Action260=83

Action259=82

Action258=81

Action257=80

Action256=79

Action255=78

Action254=77

Action253=31

Action245=75

Action244=55

Action243=67

Action242=74

Action241=96

Action240=56

Action239=68

Action238=82

Action236=83

Action234=81

Action232=80

Action230=79

Action228=78

Action226=77

Action225=70

Action224=90

Action223=31

Action222=25

Action221=24

Action220=29

Action219=28

Action218=42

Action217=87

Action216=65

Action215=63

Action214=60

Action213=62

Action212=61

Action211=66

Action210=59

Action209=71

Action208=89

Action207=72

Action206=30

Action205=55

Action204=67

[Autopause Options]

End Of Combat Round=0

Mine Sighted=0

Enemy Sighted=1

Party Killed=1

Action Menu=0

New Target Selected=1

[Movies Shown]

Movie10=0

Movie 9=0

Movie 8=0

Movie 7=0

Movie 6=0

Movie 5=0

Movie 4=0

Movie 3=0

Movie 2=0

Movie 1=0

Movie 0=5

[config]

firstrun=0

I bought KoTOR from Steam. But after a few minutes of playing my computer just shut down.

Then I updated my graphics card drivers. Now when I try to play the game it just gives this nasty error message saying: "NVIDIA display driver files from different (incompatible) versions of the driver have been detected.

NVIDIA OpenGL acceleration is disabled in order to maintain system stability.

To resolve this problem, update the Nvidia display driver. The latest driver is available at nvidia.com."

swconfig gives the same error message.

Any help?

hello i wanna play kotor 2 on vista and i have done all this stuff, but when i try playing it i either; at the star when i press 'game' get this warning saying something like 'the instruction at 0x00000 referenced 0x000000 memory ' i sometimes get it when i make a character too. please help me i have googled this problem but can't find a solution anywhere.

i would put my specs but i don't think thats the problem

hello i wanna play kotor 2 on vista and i have done all this stuff, but when i try playing it i either; at the star when i press 'game' get this warning saying something like 'the instruction at 0x00000 referenced 0x000000 memory ' i sometimes get it when i make a character too. please help me i have googled this problem but can't find a solution anywhere.

i would put my specs but i don't think thats the problem

You might not think they are... but it wouldn't hurt to post them?

You may have some bad ram... or a bad sector in your HDD. Memory reference errors in my experience are rarely software related.

Please post your specs, and the exact error message you receive, complete with all of the numbers and letters in the 0x0000... Then we will be better informed to help!

EDIT:

I bought KoTOR from Steam. But after a few minutes of playing my computer just shut down.

Then I updated my graphics card drivers. Now when I try to play the game it just gives this nasty error message saying: "NVIDIA display driver files from different (incompatible) versions of the driver have been detected.

NVIDIA OpenGL acceleration is disabled in order to maintain system stability.

To resolve this problem, update the Nvidia display driver. The latest driver is available at nvidia.com."

swconfig gives the same error message.

Any help?

You will probably first want to do a clean install of your nvidia drivers... which means you will need to wipe every instance of them from your system. There are uninstallers that will help, cCleaner for one, and IIRC nVidia has a tool for you to clean up before a fresh driver install.

Odd situation, not one I have seen before, and Q may have more for you on this than I do ATM.

It wouldn't hurt to post your specs!

Archived