Home

Your Dream Video Game

jrrtoken

INITIALIZING HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO

Suppose that you had unlimited resources to design and create any video game fitting to your whim, what would it be? Be creative and very descriptive; don't be afraid to post what's on your mind! (Unless if it evolves erotic scenarios >_>)

Personally, my dream video game would be an "interactive acid trip". Part adventure a la Myst, it would simply involve procedural generation and prerendered elements randomly spaced out... like an acid trip. The beauty of it is that it each trip can be fully customized to match the user's tastes by importing 3D models, images, sounds and music from your hard drive. Each experiencing is designed with a "randomosity variable" that ensures that each trip is unique and unlike any other previous trip. Each trip can also be entirety recorded for playback. Now, the best part about is that it is 100% open-source, and therefore, is completely free and able to be modified.

A game that deals with an alternate star wars history where Revan was defeated by malak and the sith won the war. It would be so cool to play as a reistance fighter againt the sith, and to see how the characters of both games developed in such an altered timeline.

It would be a very interesting game in my opinion

A game where you never can predict what is going to happen next (in star wars). Even the creators don't know what will happen next.

Or

A game that is like civilization and medieval total war 2 combined, control armies on a world scale, but then can zoom in and fight single battles, also you have to control the cities, trade, and anything else that goes with being a country.

A massive Ancient Rome Sims/Total War/KotOR type thing. Create your character, then immerse yourself in all the loveliness the Roman Empire had to offer. Work your way up the cursus honorum to become Consul, or go out and fight as a soldier, etc.

Also be able to choose the location of your residence and tailor it to your own wishes, be able to move across the Empire and fight to expand it.

And, of course, be able to work your way through the entire history of Rome. Just over a millenium of history isn't that much to ask, is it?:xp:

A KotOR 3 written by Avellone and Ziets. Single player only with an explanation of Revan/Exile's fate, damn it all.

And while I'm still dreaming, remakes of MotB and Torment with the former having a less clunky engine and the latter a less dated one. And of course full voice acting, the 3.5e rules and balanced combat for both.

I'd like a new Kotor game, with Force Unleashed like motion cap animations for all the Jedi.

features:

-An truly EPIC storyline*, massive battlegrounds with hundreds of AI npc's fighting each other.

-Mass Effect engine (or higher), with Mass Effect feel.

-Customisable lightsaber

-In-game visions of the future (being the one who makes the Son of the suns prophecy)

-EU support

Storyline:*

-10 years after Kotor 2, first newly trained Jedi. Quit powerful, ex-padawan in the time of Kotor 1. Too young to have been a target in Kotor 2.

Go around the galaxy doing Jedi stuff. No-one expects the Jedi to be back, so the 'ZOMG I ROCK' feeling is there when you sever a thugs gun in half with your lightsaber.

-Join the Republic in a (standard) war and become the first Jedi since the Exile to actually lead armies.

-Be the star of the rebuild Jedi Order, like Luke is, or destroy it.

-Ending: find out about Revan, join him and the Exile in the unknown regions on a barren, rocky planet to make one final stand against the Sith there. Incredible battle, forcing the Sith to wait another 300 years before they invade (Kotor MMO)

-In short: Be THE hero.

Other stuff:

-Fatalities. Cut someone's hand, head or will you let him/her live?

-Style. You should be capable of choosing your own fighting style, out of all the lightsaber forms.

-Force powers; between Force Unleashed and Kotor 2.

-Semi-destroyable environment. Think some Mass Effect once more.

-Soundtrack. I want John Williams.

Yes, I have thought about this. :)

I've always had this idea of an ubergame that is basically a massive strategy game where you command nations and armies. The catch is, the game world mirrors the real world 1:1. This is done by having software analyse the texture data of Google Maps to recreate buildings, mountains, terrain, trees, everything.

I've always wanted that to happen, Google Maps used for video games using procedural generation techniques.

I want a Star Wars strategy game, which includes all the major timelines and conflicts from canon (except the Vong War and most of the other Post-Episode 6 ones, obviously). It would have actual resource management and strategy (rather than the luke-warm pansy stuff they had in Empire at War). I'd also like a system of advancing technologies that a person could actually take seriously.

And a remake of the Dark Forces saga. That includes from Dark Forces one up through Jedi Academy, with a gaming engine that a person could take seriously nowadays (meaning something other than the Quake 3 engine). Add a host of weapons and other sorts of features, plus two or three games' worth of additional levels of what Kyle Katarn was doing in between the games. Top it off which the option to continue JKA's storyline after the dark side ending.

You know, I would like to have a game where anything was possible. One day you could build a city and control everyone's lives. The next, destroy it with your army and conquer the world, expand your horizons into space or see the world from the point-of-view of one the people. Think combination of every game in history...that'd be fun.

Oh, and add a plumber suit to it:D

Several years ago when me and my mates used to play Freelancer we thought that the best game would be if it was Star Wars but like Freelancer you could fly your own ship to any system (i say system not just planet we want to see the Hoth astroide field the rouge moon off Taris and other cool things) fight, trade and the rest however you could also land on the planets and explore them as well it would be a massive game but really good.

I see RH had the same idea as well.

A KotOR 3 written by Avellone and Ziets. Single player only with an explanation of Revan/Exile's fate, damn it all.

And while I'm still dreaming, remakes of MotB and Torment with the former having a less clunky engine and the latter a less dated one. And of course full voice acting, the 3.5e rules and balanced combat for both.

Same here. Too bad these dreams will never become a reality. :xp:

I've always had this idea of an ubergame that is basically a massive strategy game where you command nations and armies. The catch is, the game world mirrors the real world 1:1. This is done by having software analyse the texture data of Google Maps to recreate buildings, mountains, terrain, trees, everything.

I've always wanted that to happen, Google Maps used for video games using procedural generation techniques.

Heck yeah, to say the least. Come to this of it, Sabre, that type of videogame would probably be developed for military usage first, seeings its obvious benefits (mainly if everything in the real world, as you mentioned, was in said game).

I have to say that is a really good idea. I would buy a game like that

I'd like a new Kotor game, with Force Unleashed like motion cap animations for all the Jedi.

features:

-An truly EPIC storyline*, massive battlegrounds with hundreds of AI npc's fighting each other.

-Mass Effect engine (or higher), with Mass Effect feel.

-Customisable lightsaber

-In-game visions of the future (being the one who makes the Son of the suns prophecy)

-EU support

Storyline:*

-10 years after Kotor 2, first newly trained Jedi. Quit powerful, ex-padawan in the time of Kotor 1. Too young to have been a target in Kotor 2.

Go around the galaxy doing Jedi stuff. No-one expects the Jedi to be back, so the 'ZOMG I ROCK' feeling is there when you sever a thugs gun in half with your lightsaber.

-Join the Republic in a (standard) war and become the first Jedi since the Exile to actually lead armies.

-Be the star of the rebuild Jedi Order, like Luke is, or destroy it.

-Ending: find out about Revan, join him and the Exile in the unknown regions on a barren, rocky planet to make one final stand against the Sith there. Incredible battle, forcing the Sith to wait another 300 years before they invade (Kotor MMO)

-In short: Be THE hero.

Other stuff:

-Fatalities. Cut someone's hand, head or will you let him/her live?

-Style. You should be capable of choosing your own fighting style, out of all the lightsaber forms.

-Force powers; between Force Unleashed and Kotor 2.

-Semi-destroyable environment. Think some Mass Effect once more.

-Soundtrack. I want John Williams.

Yes, I have thought about this. :)

I agree with this, sounds like the perfect game to me, I hope Lucas is reading it.

This is going to sound really bizarre, but I want an KotOR game that plays like GTA:SA. The problem I have with RPGs is that they tend to have stories that don't fit well with the RPG genre (key parts of the story tend to hint that your character was written with a specific class in mind, etc). The problem I have with straight action/adventure games is that I feel like I'm being trained like a chimp (push this button here, push that button there, etc). GTA: SA didn't give me a class per se, but it did give me skills and the ability to build them (or not build them). I could change my appearance and such, but I never felt that twinge of disappointment when an NPC said something to me that yanked me out of the role I was trying to play. At the same time, I also had objectives that needed to be met and the freedom to accomplish them in a manner that made sense to me.

So there.

QFT

And a remake of the Dark Forces saga. That includes from Dark Forces one up through Jedi Academy, with a gaming engine that a person could take seriously nowadays (meaning something other than the Quake 3 engine). Add a host of weapons and other sorts of features, plus two or three games' worth of additional levels of what Kyle Katarn was doing in between the games. Top it off which the option to continue JKA's storyline after the dark side ending.

This would seriously rock.

So long as this is a dream thread. I'd love to see the BG series remade only updating the graphics to NWN2 level.

Archived