Home

AVS Help Thread

The Tingler

I'm sure I'm going to be stuck more than once, and maybe other people too. So, let's combine all the 'how the hell do you do this' threads into one easily manageable portion.

I'm stuck at the castle, stupidly. How do you get rid of Edgar the raven? Is it something to do with bats?

What you want to do is get rid of Rufus, and Edgar can help you in that, by, er, 'doing his business' on Rufus' head. The problem is, the carrion pickings are slim, so he hasn't been able to evacuate his bowels properly. You need to take care of that by bringing him some carrion.

Hope that helps. If you need more detailed hints, just ask. :)

Nah, I've worked most of that out now - I think I now need to:

find out where to get more Oil for that second hinge to the pit. Anyone got a clue?

I feel a feckin' amateur here. The demo made me feel the same way.

UPDATE: It's okay, I found out what I was doing wrong. As usual with adventure games, 90% of time the answer is simple "I've missed something crucial". For some reason my monitor's auto-config cut off a portion of the right side of the screen, and so I never noticed:

Froderick's cage and the Nuts within.

Luckily on pressing Tab it was JUST within the screen, so I JUST noticed it.

For some reason my monitor's auto-config cut off a portion of the right side of the screen, and so I never noticed:

Froderick's cage and the Nuts within.

Luckily on pressing Tab it was JUST within the screen, so I JUST noticed it.

Isn't that the scroll on every screen? I think it was designed that way (of course, I haven't seen your computer ;)).

And if you're still stuck, here's what you need to do:

you might want to crush Froderick's nuts and fruits. Go to the torture chamber and give it a try there... Now all you need is something to put the oil in!

Enjoy! :D

Archived