Home

Monkey Island 1 & 2 Speech Project

ezekiel001

This is a project that was started by TheJoe to add speech to the first two Monkey Island games, but he has since dropped it. I hope to start it up again but I know I can't do it alone as I don't have the expertise needed, also with more than one person in control of the project it is more likely to survive a person leaving the team. If you would like to help see link below:

http://speechproject.mixnmojo.com/

Nononononono. I dropped it simply because I could see no success. The health issues do come into it.

It's easing off now anyway.

Sorry my mistake.

But didn't you have most of the cast lined up? Couldn't you pass these peeps onto these, other, peeps?

The cast is still on board to continue, I am trying to continue this project although I plan to start with Monkey Island 1 first.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Within the next two months, I will be able to pick the project back up, however with the two Special Editions, is there any point?

I want honest thoughts on this. Should we bother continuing? I'm fine with throwing up my arms, clicking my tounge and cashing in on the Special Editions. But this was a project I always intended to cater to the community.

So, my question is this: Do you want me to continue? Or do you want anyone else? Should the project continue at any rate?

Well, I don't see much reason to continue the recording either, since you'll get decent voice acting with the SE indeed.

However, the idea of patching the original Monkey Island is still a valid point, so you can have voice in classic mode, plus you can play it on any machine which got a ScummVM port.

Thus, working on the Secret of Monkey Island "Talkie" Version Project (Classic SMI + SE Voices) might be a good alternative to the original speech project.

That's my opinion.

Well, I don't see much reason to continue the recording either, since you'll get decent voice acting with the SE indeed.

However, the idea of patching the original Monkey Island is still a valid point, so you can have voice in classic mode, plus you can play it on any machine which got a ScummVM port.

Thus, working on the Secret of Monkey Island "Talkie" Version Project (Classic SMI + SE Voices) might be a good alternative to the original speech project.

That's my opinion.

This is why I ask. MI2:SE has voices in classic mode, unlike the original. And maybe that could mean voices in a patch for the original. Who knows? Portability is also something I'm very keen on here. You have have the SE on 3 platforms: Xbox, PC and soon Mac. But voices, provided they are in the right format will work on ScummVM ports for the DS and such.

Archived