Home

TSL Patcher error

I am having trouble getting the TSL patcher to work and nothing ive found on the forums has the same problem.

When I try to install I get an error saying:

"WARNING! cannnot find INI file Changes.ini with work instructions"

Followed by:

"Unable to load the instructions text! Make sure the tslpatchdata folder containing the info.rtf file is located in the same folder as this application"

First off, are you trying to install a downloaded mod, or are you trying to setup the TSLPatcher to install a mod you created yourself?

Judging from the error messages, check to make sure that there is a folder called tslpatchdata in the same directory as the TSLPatcher executable and that within that folder, there are at least the two files changes.ini and info.rtf.

- Star Admiral

I am trying to install a downloaded mod.

Well in the actual tslpatchdata folder there is both changes.ini and info.rtf and they are both in the same folder, the .exe and the patchdata folder.

It may be that you have to take me through a possible solution in farily basic terms as I have only a small technical ability when it comes to this lol.

thanks.

• 4 years later...

Trying to install "Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge" for KOTOR 1. It keeps saying

"WARNING! Cannot locate the INI file "Changes.ini" with work instructions!" even though the file is there in the patch data.

Then directly after that, it says "Unable to load the instructions text! Make sure the "tslpatchdata" folder containing the "info.rtf" file is located in the same folder as this application" even though it already is.

What the hell is going on? What is it that I have to un-zip?

(Yes, I'm new to this)

• 1 year later...

Don't know if anyone's still around, but here goes:

I'm trying to make a TSL patch program to modify appearances.2da (and possibly heads.2.da, not certain this is necessary). The first is from the Juhani and Sanctuary mod, and the head part could come into play as I'm trying to alter her appearance. However, whenever I run TSL (and I tslpatchdata folder in the same directory) I get a message saying info.rtx is mising. I do in fact have this file in my folder, but I only placed a few lines of text in it, since the guide I followed said that the content wasn't necessary. Can anyone help me out?

Archived