Home

OJP RPG...

Raziel132

I know that allot of OJP community just hate RPG servers but still they are part of you.I played on OJP RPG server and i think all of you know that there are rules what stats you can have at current rank but its impossible to control so i suggest to create new gametype or something called RPG where admin can edit and create player characters with all stats needed.(Like MBII FA) That would be really great.Cuz allot peoples hate being a master but they are not able to grip padawan becouse he got oped stats.I think it should be to hard for OJP team.RPG community would be greatful.

Jedi Academy is not a roleplaying game. That's why it doesn't have any RPG features.

You're free to use it as a roleplaying game if you wish, but if you do, you're making the concious choice to use a game that has no capacity for being played as a roleplaying game and thus has none of the roleplaying game features that you desire.

Jedi Academy != roleplaying game

Therefore, what I'm trying to say, is....

Deal with it.

Working with code is difficult, and time-consuming. Therefore it is very unreasonable of you to demand that people waste extreme amounts of time and effort, just because you want to engage in the kind of gameplay a roleplaying game presents, but are too stubborn to bother going out and actually.... gee, I dunno.... buying a roleplaying game.

If you want to play roleplaying games, do it. But Jedi Academy is an action game, a first-person shooter. That's why it has no capacity for roleplaying, and that's why it shouldn't have any capacity for roleplaying. Because it's not a roleplaying game, and it cannot be a roleplaying game.

Now, if you want to deprive yourself of a quality roleplaying experience by using a shoddy, unsuitable platform, that's your choice. That doesn't harm anyone but you.

But when you start making unreasonable demands towards honest modders, then slander them when they refuse because their mods are oriented towards an action game - which for the record is the type of game they like, and the type of game they bought, because that's the type of game Jedi Academy is - then that's uncalled for. It's childish, borderline bitchy, and I take exception to it for those reasons.

Moral of the story: leave 'em alone.

-_-'

Christ, I'm surprised you guys aren't filing restraining orders, with the amount of people who are harassing you with demands to flood OJP with pseudo-RPG crap.

You'd think that, when you say "We're not doing OJP that way because that's not the way we envisioned it!", that they'd shut up and accept it.

Were I in your place, dealing with ungrateful little people who can't just be happy with what you're doing for them, I would've run out of patience a long time ago

Omg are you retarded? It wasnt demand of any type so stfu with your morale. We are using OJP as RP because it really feels like star wars...
No, I'm not retarded, because I understand that "no means no" and I don't expect people to do stuff they don't want to do just because I want it but can't be bothered to do it myself.

My point was merely that, you choose to roleplay in a game without any roleplaying features. Therefore, the fact that you don't have these features, is your own fault.

It is not the OJP team's, nor anyone else's, responsibility to fix a problem that does not exist.

Jedi Academy is not a roleplaying game. That is why it lacks the features you desire. You knew this when you chose to use it as a platform for your roleplaying. If those features were so important to you, then you should have chosen a better platform. You didn't.

The lack of those features is a direct consequence of a choice you made. Your choice. The consequences are for you and you alone to deal with.

The OJP team said they have no interest in developing an RPG mod. So stop asking them.

You obviously have no inkling of just how much it is you're asking for, but let me tell you, it is an unreasonable amount. We're talking about weeks, perhaps months of work.

That's not a "reasonable request" at all.

Like I said, Jedi Academy is an action game. It comes from a line of action games. The Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series is, traditionally, an action game. The stated goal of OJP is to continue that tradition and make JA the game it should have been from day one.

They said "no". A long time ago. That's the end of the matter.

If you keep pressing it, all you're going to accomplish is harassing and pressuring them almost to the point of bullying, and possibly making them outright angry. Either way they end up hating this game and it'scommunity, and then they'll leave. OJP will then fall apart. Is that what you're trying to achieve?

Seriously, think before you act.

And, honestly. The fact that you can have "roleplay servers" in JA doesn't make it an RPG any more than "roleplay servers" would make Call Of Duty or Unreal Tournament an RPG. To be honest with ya, roleplaying games traditionally have far more interaction than you'll ever have with another player in any modern game, even those within the RPG genre. So really, even "roleplaying games" aren't really roleplaying games.

Oh, and for the record, "morale" is the capacity of a group of people to pull together persistently and consistently in pursuit of a common purpose.

And one other thing. About telling people to "shut the **** up", and other such uncivil mannerisms.

I strongly advise you to start acting civil in your interactions with other people. Do you know why?

Because a retarded, childish, "Everyone's not agreeing with me so I'll get nasty!" attitude is not going to get you anywhere in life.

razorace: See above. It's not about the "right" way to play.

It's about people dealing with the consequences of their actions and choices, and not expecting everyone else to fix things so that they can have their cake and eat it too.

He was basically expecting the OJP team to do a whole ton of work that they didn't want to do, simply because he wants to play a roleplaying game but is too stubborn to actually go play one.

Does that sound at all reasonable or remotely fair to you?

Well, any game can be role played. Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion is a hardcore PvPvE game that a friend and I role play on quite often. JKA? My favorite game to role play on because it is easy to role play on.

Now, Kouen, programming is not at all hard if you have the talent for it. The difficulty depends on how well the original program was programmed and for what intent. To add roleplay capabilities will be a pain for the end user, but the functions themselves are relatively easy. Robophred made a mod called Euka (discontinued until he gets more time to finish it) that gives the player the ultimate role playing system, like, better than a game made for role playing. it took him 6 months. He is professional. Yea, it can be done. Depends on the code and programmer's imagination.

Archived