Home

Why no PC version

tgvern

I have been a good supporter of LucasArts over the years...

Jedi Knight I & II

Republic Commando

Empire at War (both)

Lego Star Wars I & II

I am just wondering why LA is denying the PC gamer a chance to play this game? I am certainly not running out to buy a PS3 or Wii just to play it, and I am certain by PC can handle it. It just doesn't make sense to me.

• 1 month later...

It might also be worth reminding the 'we want PC' crowd that there was never any promise that it would be released for PC, and they were never obligated to in the first place.

But, they might release it on PC eventually, in much the same manner as they did KOTOR, and others.

KotOR was always planned to be released on PC though, and was released fairly shortly after the console version. LucasArts has been pretty insistent that the game is not coming to PC and I don't see why they would if they actually had plans to release it on PC.

• 1 month later...

Obviously LA has some cushy deal with all the console companies and they only make a PC version of a game when they "have to" aid if they do its usually garbage but they figure that way they can at least say they came out with one. Youd think people who are part of such a big franchise would be held to higher standard and come out with better games and more PC games.

• 1 month later...
I think that the guy who said that the PC couldn't handle it knew what he was talking about much better than you people. Seriously...

This is obviously the ramblings of someone with a weak PC.

My PC (and many others I am certain) far exceed the power of PS3, Xbox 360, and of course Wii.

I think that LA has decided that NOT having a PC version means that it can't be pirated. It is a sad truth, but many PC only developers have either dual-developed for consoles, or switched over entirely.

I have tons of games that I have collected over the years, and many of them never received the screen time they were worthy of.

I'll have stuff to play, but I'd like to be able to play new stuff as it becomes available.

It am afraid to be right about this. If the superior platform is no longer viable (read: profitable) enough because of the problems of copying and pirating, then does the PC (as a gaming platform) have much life left?

If people want more pc games to be made then the game developers are either going to have to come up with some fool proof way to prevent games being pirated on the PC or theyre just going to have to accept the uncomfortable truth that theres going to be some amount of piracy no matter what they do and just live with it. You dont see people who make music cds or dvds stopping what they do just because people try to pirate their stuff. Why should they inconvience the pc game players just because they get their stuff pirated? Its not like theyre the only ones who have that problem. Its bad enough anyone who wants to play a PC game practically has to have an internet connection and subscribe to some online service just to play just so that these games dont get pirated. Funny thing is they end up getting pirated anyways and all that gets accomplished is the game developers alienate their customers who areint doing a solitary thing against them. Instead of trying to stop people from pirating the games why not try to stop people from doing it in the first place? Solve the problem instead of the symptoms.

Lamest excuse I've heard... so they couldn't "scale down" the game to play on a high end PC, like they could to make it run on the DS, Wii and PS2?

Sounds pretty fishy.

Oh well, the Multiplayer looked pretty threadbare anyway, from the videos I've seen, even if the graphics are better than what we saw in 2003.

This is obviously the ramblings of someone with a weak PC.

My PC (and many others I am certain) far exceed the power of PS3, Xbox 360, and of course Wii.

I think that LA has decided that NOT having a PC version means that it can't be pirated. It is a sad truth, but many PC only developers have either dual-developed for consoles, or switched over entirely.

I have tons of games that I have collected over the years, and many of them never received the screen time they were worthy of.

I'll have stuff to play, but I'd like to be able to play new stuff as it becomes available.

It am afraid to be right about this. If the superior platform is no longer viable (read: profitable) enough because of the problems of copying and pirating, then does the PC (as a gaming platform) have much life left?

Xbox games can be pirated. Including force unleashed.

Xbox games can be pirated. Including force unleashed.
Console Piracy is not nearly as widespread as PC game piracy. I don't like the lack of PC support any more than anyone else, but I can understand not wanting to for piracy reasons, which factors in to the reason that a PC version just isn't as profitable as console versions.

It was alittle sad that they didn't make any pc version... But someone is making the Jedi Knight version of this game:) Think the grafics would be terrible, or it only would be a few computers able to run the game if they made it for PC.. Got XBOX360, so Im OK with it ;D

Archived