Home

Want to fight more light-sided Jedi! Tired of always fighting dark jedi

rep-patriot101

Probably the wrong forum. Maybe in the Modding Requests under the Holowan Labs?

What is it exactly that you want? And for which game? Do you want to replace all the dark Jedi with light-side ones? Or to beef up their stats to present more of a challenge? To replace all the dark Jedi, that would be a time-consuming task, never mind the fact that it would not fit the story well. As for a difficulty mod, there are several out there. Check out this one for a change.

- Star Admiral

Well I'll do it if it's K1, which I asume it is for because you do fight random Dark Jedi on the different planets.

What I'll do is play around with the appearances.2da so that the dark jedi on Tatooine turn into regular jedi... then I'll just mess around with the .utc files also to give them light side powers and take away their dark side powers

Edit: or if you're talking about just spawning Jedis instead of replacing the DS jedis I'll do that

Isn't there a script in K1 that checks your alignment? If so, one would be able to use that to spawn hostile jedi in the same manner that the game normally spawns dark jedi. If your darkside, the script will spawn jedi instead of dark jedi, and vice versa.

I have 2 responses to those questions.

Firstly, the game doesn't spawn the Dark Jedi in K1. (Not technically, anyways.) ;) They're actually there when you start the modules they're in. (Except in the case of Darth Bandon and Calo Nord.) So, it'd be utc editing, not scripting.

Secondly, there are two scripts that check alignment in K1: k_con_light, k_con_dark

Sorry for the confusion. I was asking how to mod, and was hoping that someone else may have similar ideas. It's for both games.

Very generous of you guys to respond in that manner, I'm honored to be part of "Lucas Forums".

I didn't see anyone else mentioning the "goodguy" orientation of the plot, so I thought that it would be a good idea to bring it up.

yes: I want to modify the plot of both games so that Jedi are spawned when you reach certain points, like scripting. I've seen very clever mods already, so I thought I might propose this. Does anyone know about scripting, or spawning opponents, or something?

help would be appreciated, and thanks again.

• 5 weeks later...

That many ways, huh? I went into "KOTOR TOOL" and replaced all of the "Dan13_" utc's w/ characters of "Faction: Hostile_1", but apparently that only works if you've never been to Dantooine before. So, if that's the case (again, I'm very green when it comes to modding), then how did the "slaughter the Jedi Council" mod work? How do you alter an Npc's faction if you've already been to that module?

I express full appreciation and gratitude your guys' help.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote: "It appears I have suffered considerable damage and dismemberment. I can feel all the cracks in my motivators. And my central control cluster seems to have taken several repeated blaster shots at close range. How crude." ---------HK-47

Yes, I tried spawning a hostile Jedi Master in Manaan's "manm26ad"(i think) module, and I couldn't get the "r" variable to set straight in the script compiler. Everything went right except for the location data of the new NPC(in the script compiler). I put in the actual script w/ the coordinates and the "resref" for the NPC (c_iriaz) into the override folder, then ran the script compiler.

Thank you very much, rep-patriot 101

Side question, how do I get beyond this sad status as a "lurker"?

that changes as you make new posts. think after you get to 10 posts you get to be a rookie... yay

Just an FYI consistent spamming to raise your post count will get it reduced back to a 0... so remember to post posts with a purpose. ;) -RH --Didn't post to raise count, just so you know

so the script didn't work? oh well. I hate having to define a place for things to spawn so I just make 'em spawn next to me.... i'm lazy like that

Did the script actually compile, as in, you got an NCS file? And more importantly, what did you use to trigger the spawning? Simply dropping a spawn script into your Override folder will do little if the game doesn't know how to use it. It would be helpful if you posted your source code for us to check.

- Star Admiral

Archived