Home

Help! kotor crashing constantly

madhaus

OK, I've just fixed my broken pc with new parts and started playing kotor again, however when playing, after a few minutes the game crashes to windows and gives the standard microsoft error message, usually during of after combat, leveling up or talking to NPCs. PC specs are AMD quad 9750, 4gb ram, 9800 gt, so its not a lack of power. This is a retail dvd copy patched to 1.03b by default, so please, someone help, your my only hope.

• 2 months later...

I am having the exact same problem. The only thing different about my pc is i am running AMD dual core 3800+. I've suspected it has something to do with the newer drivers associated with the higher end vid cards available today, but I have yet to stumble upon a solution. If there is anyone out there with a solution, it would be much appreciated.

I've discovered a solution through RIGOROUS searching on the forums. It took a while, but I managed to find it under the mountain of posts. Simply open your swkotor.ini file located in the SWKotOR directory and add the following on a new line at the end of the Graphics Options section: Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 Hope this helps. :D It has solved all my issues with crashing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I've discovered a solution through RIGOROUS searching on the forums. It took a while, but I managed to find it under the mountain of posts. Simply open your swkotor.ini file located in the SWKotOR directory and add the following on a new line at the end of the Graphics Options section: Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 Hope this helps. :D It has solved all my issues with crashing.

worked for me as well

• 9 months later...

It works! Thank you for your help!

• 1 year later...

I LOVE YOU :D Thanks so much ive been looking for a fix to this for litterally years now. :)

• 3 years later...

My swkotor.ini file already had the Disable Vertex Buffer Objects line in the Graphics options. I don't understand what the problem is. It installed and played fine when I first got the game, but, after I uninstalled it to clear some space, it never has worked since I reinstalled it.

Processor: Intel Core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30 GHz

RAM: 6.00 GB

I tried running it in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibility mode, but it still crashed in the loading screen. It worked fine on the same system before. :confused:

Archived